***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Depends, Revis is slightly more, however Cutler's positional value just about evens it out and actually puts him slightly ahead. That being said, elite player-for-player deals are ridiculously rare (I've been studying to the bone lately, so my memory's hazy, but I'm fairly certain it's only happened once in the salary cap era), and it's easier to believe that a deal will consist mostly of picks.

Weren't the Broncos involved in one a few years back, Bailey for Portis?

Revis will not be traded though. People need to remember the aforementioned Champ Bailey is still there and although Denver need help on D, not at CB.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would he?

Teams aren't gonna be lining up to sign him. You've got far more established QBs available via free agency now. Clemens would be a moron to demand his release.

The only team he has any value to right now is the Jets.

If they don't get Cutler, he is competing for the starting job which he will most likely win.

If they do get Cutler, he will be an enormous help in helping Cutler learn the offense. Believe it or not, there have been plenty of guys who made damn nice careers of being backup QBs in this league. Gary Kubiak was Elway's backup and eventually his QB coach, now he's a HC.

If it's not going to happen for Clemens as a starter, he could do a lot worse than being a 10-year backup with the same team.

He would have been passed over twice. He says he never been given a chance.

If the whole Cutler thing goes down, it would say that the Jets have little confidence in Clemens. Farve was suppose to school Clemens and now its happened again.

I'd tell the Jets to F off.

If the whole Cutler thing goes down, it would say that the Jets have little confidence in Clemens. Farve was suppose to school Clemens and now its happened again.

And if you were in Clemens position, you would be an idiot for doing so.

Why so when people disagree with the all out lunacy that has taken over you can smite them for having a different opinion?

The fact that you disagree is not an issue. The manner in which you voice your disagreement is.

This thread looks like it was started by Paris ****ing Hilton!

I wrote it that way cause people here are acting like a bunch of little school girls.

Yes. Cutler is good. Yes I'd like to see him here FOR A REASONABLE DEAL!

But this all out circle jerk for this guy and the refusal to see his obvious flaws is beyond f*<king ridiculous. People getting ready to throw everything at the Broncos for the chance on a guy with some serious issues is idiotic.

If Clemens isn't going to start for the Jets he's probably not going to start for anyone else ... so why not wait a year and hit the open market ...

Revis will not be traded though. People need to remember the aforementioned Champ Bailey is still there and although Denver need help on D, not at CB.

Yes, that's the one I was referring to. And I agree with the second part; Revis is ridiculous, but with how bad they are on D, Cutler's value affords them the opportunity to upgrade positions that are far, far worse off for them right now. They'd be able to justify it because of how good he is, but it makes more sense to go after picks from their position if it's a 2-team deal with us.

I wrote it that way cause people here are acting like a bunch of little school girls.

Yes. Cutler is good. Yes I'd like to see him here FOR A REASONABLE DEAL!

But this all out circle jerk for this guy and the refusal to see his obvious flaws is beyond f*<king ridiculous. People getting ready to throw everything at the Broncos for the chance on a guy with some serious issues is idiotic.

Pound some salt skippy

Champ Bailey is 30 years old and is coming off of numerous injuries.

If Clemens isn't going to start for the Jets he's probably not going to start for anyone else ... so why not wait a year and hit the open market ...

Self respect.

Maybe he can play? Has he really been given a fair shot?

Also, it just 1 more season wasted. Just get on with it and part ways.

The fact that you disagree is not an issue. The manner in which you voice your disagreement is.

Please if I were on the Cutler ball washing brigade, any over the top absurd enthusiasm would be welcome. But coming in with some over the top sarcasm is forbidden?

I'll do my best to use verbiage from here on out that is in accordance with proper Oxford English.

Point is simple, be smart, make a play, don't take away top picks for the franchise in doing it. In short DO NOT DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Let the games begin.

Cutler could do wonders for this team. Obviously we do not want to overpay, but how many times does a team get the chance to pair up a dominant defense with a young franchise QB? It's amazing how many people are against this move.

Get it done Tanny.

Champ Bailey is 30 years old and is coming off of numerous injuries.

He's still one of the best. They will not be looking for a CB and I doubt the Jets will want to trade a player who's not only great, but one they just gave a $6M roster bonus to.

It's not going to happen.

Please if I were on the Cutler ball washing brigade, any over the top absurd enthusiasm would be welcome. But coming in with some over the top sarcasm is forbidden?

I'll do my best to use verbiage from here on out that is in accordance with proper Oxford English.

Point is simple, be smart, make a play, don't take away top picks for the franchise in doing it. In short DO NOT DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Relax, fans get emotional. I'm sure Tanny has it under control...he has a good track record with orchestrating trades.

Trade/release whatever.

"Mr. T, I'd like to be released."

"On what grounds?"

"Self-respect, I'm invoking The Fredo Principle of common contract law."

"Oh, no problem Kellen, don't do that. We'll get it done by the close of business today."

Yeah, definitely sounds reasonable. Good call.

Archived