***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

StepChild is absolutely right. I hope common/good sense will prevail, and we stay as far away as possible from this "prima dona wannabe".

If for some insane reason we end-up getting this moron -- despite all the warning signs -- and it ends up blowing up in our face, this will set us back for years to come. And it will have been well deserved by then.

This is simply not worth the risk, folks. Let's keep our draft picks and worthwhile players to continue to build this already fragile franchise methodically. And if Clements or Ratliff don't pan out, there will be other QBs to be gotten.

Enough is enough.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let the games begin.

Cutler could do wonders for this team. Obviously we do not want to overpay, but how many times does a team get the chance to pair up a dominant defense with a young franchise QB? It's amazing how many people are against this move.

Get it done Tanny.

That's the point I don't know anyone who is flat out against it. It's just that many people are not going to be happy if the Jets give multiple high draft picks for a guy who is being overvalued.

Everyone is overlooking his flaws and seeing a franchise QB and lack the ability to recognize, hey we could be looking at burning 3-4 picks to get this guy. Potential elite talents like Revis or potential long term starters at key positions like Harris.

I want him here, I just don't want to lose out on good players unneccesarily. I can live with a Cutler-less Jets team cause I am not as invested in getting the prized QB at all costs. He can help this team sure, but so can other QBs coming in the draft next year. And we would still be building a team long term. Pushing all the chips to the center of the table and going for the quick fix isn't always the best strategy.

That's the point I don't know anyone who is flat out against it. It's just that many people are not going to be happy if the Jets give multiple high draft picks for a guy who is being overvalued.

Everyone is overlooking his flaws and seeing a franchise QB and lack the ability to recognize, hey we could be looking at burning 3-4 picks to get this guy. Potential elite talents like Revis or potential long term starters at key positions like Harris.

I want him here, I just don't want to lose out on good players unneccesarily. I can live with a Cutler-less Jets team cause I am not as invested in getting the prized QB at all costs. He can help this team sure, but so can other QBs coming in the draft next year. And we would still be building a team long term. Pushing all the chips to the center of the table and going for the quick fix isn't always the best strategy.

C ya...it's going to happen

Joshie is our Mo Lewis

I'm actually a proponent of getting him, but not at the expense of the team and only at a reasonable deal and then only if he can recognize that Jets>Cutler and he is open to playing Jets Football OUR way. No we don't pass 50x a game. We run the ball and control the clock and kill them on Defense. When we need the big gun, it's there. But I seriously doubt this kid will want that.

Let's not criticize a potential trade until we know the terms. Chances are that all this speculation on a message board is way off and we won't have to give up as much as some people are saying.

I do not want to give up our players, but I would be OK with multiple picks. The draft is a crap shoot to begin with, and we have drafted well over the past few years. We are not in a complete rebuilding mode where trading away picks would be a sure disaster.

I do not want to give up our players, but I would be OK with multiple picks. The draft is a crap shoot to begin with, and we have drafted well over the past few years. We are not in a complete rebuilding mode where trading away picks would be a sure disaster.

That's fair, but what's multiple picks. I'm happy turning lose a 1st and a 3rd. 2 1sts would be totally off the reservation. IF they want some help getting their 3-4 in order maybe we give them a guy like Ellis who will likely not be playing for us next year anyway based on his contract #s. They could renegotiate his contract then with no penalty b/c we'd pay out his bonus. He's a good player in the 3-4 but not worth his tag. Maybe we do the 1st and then toss in a guy like Leon if (and only if) the Jets have no interest in resigning him for big money and they are too far apart on contract terms. You can draft other RBs with relative ease. Losing little Leon would suck, but if we retain picks to fortify the Oline and Defense, and we were prepared to lose him anyway, well drafting another RB won't be as big an issue for us.

I actually heard a Jets fan on NFL Radio today saying he would trade the entire Jets draft for Jay Cutler. :rl:

I'd trade plenty of picks for him but I smell disaster with this. The kid is talented, and I think he's going to be a great QB.... he's just too similar to Favre and that didn't work for us... and he's waaaay to overly emo and I could see the NY media eating him alive.

I'd trade plenty of picks for him but I smell disaster with this. The kid is talented, and I think he's going to be a great QB.... he's just too similar to Favre and that didn't work for us... and he's waaaay to overly emo and I could see the NY media eating him alive.

Dude the kid is nothing like Favre other than the strong arm part. He would completely crumble under the NY Media the very first time they didn't kiss his a$$ which would happen sooner rather than later. As a Patriots fan, I want to see him land in NY because I know this is what would happen. On the other hand, there are a handful of you Jets fans who just don't deserve to be subjected to something like that yet again. :lol:

Dude the kid is nothing like Favre other than the strong arm part. He would completely crumble under the NY Media the very first time they didn't kiss his a$$ which would happen sooner rather than later. As a Patriots fan, I want to see him land in NY because I know this is what would happen. On the other hand, there are a handful of you Jets fans who just don't deserve to be subjected to something like that yet again. :lol:

I meant with the over confidence in that arm. He'll force stupid STUPID throws cause he thinks he can. He wants to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. Those things ring a little too true to what Favre was. Favre had the personality to brush it off... but Cutler is gonna pout and get moody and bring that in the locker room.

That is my greatest fear... but the fact that he can play, it's seducing. I mean our QB's are Brett Ratliff and Kellen Clemens. Cutler is so much better. But will he fit? It's tormenting, cause we know we need a QB.

That's fair, but what's multiple picks. I'm happy turning lose a 1st and a 3rd. 2 1sts would be totally off the reservation. IF they want some help getting their 3-4 in order maybe we give them a guy like Ellis who will likely not be playing for us next year anyway based on his contract #s. They could renegotiate his contract then with no penalty b/c we'd pay out his bonus. He's a good player in the 3-4 but not worth his tag. Maybe we do the 1st and then toss in a guy like Leon if (and only if) the Jets have no interest in resigning him for big money and they are too far apart on contract terms. You can draft other RBs with relative ease. Losing little Leon would suck, but if we retain picks to fortify the Oline and Defense, and we were prepared to lose him anyway, well drafting another RB won't be as big an issue for us.

I still hate giving up any players (unless it's one of the QB's), and Denver won't take any of our cast offs like Bryan Thomas that I've seen some people suggest.

What about this years 1st and a conditional 3rd pick next year just like the Favre deal (becomes a 2nd if we make the playoffs and a 1st if we make the SB). I certainly would give up 2 number 1's to make the SB. The draft is a crapshoot anyways, and this way you're not giving up too many picks.

You would be an idiot for staying.

It's simple - he's got zero leverage. Cutler can get away with it because he's got the talent. If Clemens doesn't get traded as part of a Cutler deal, his best (and only) option is to play out the year and become a FA.

I still hate giving up any players (unless it's one of the QB's), and Denver won't take any of our cast offs like Bryan Thomas that I've seen some people suggest.

What about this years 1st and a conditional 3rd pick next year just like the Favre deal (becomes a 2nd if we make the playoffs and a 1st if we make the SB). I certainly would give up 2 number 1's to make the SB. The draft is a crapshoot anyways, and this way you're not giving up too many picks.

Still no. if we win...sure. But really it's the principle of the thing here. Saying the draft is a crapshoot is almost reserving yourself that we are going to bust whoever we pick. It's a way to justify giving up WAY too much. If we lose 1st round picks we lose Revis, Mangold, Keller, DBrick - hopefully we will look back and put Gholston in that grouping very soon. When you have a competent FO 1st rounders are not automatic busts. They temd to be your core nucleus of players. Hopefully with a few 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders that surprised you. These are also the players that you get under rookie contracts on the cheap and when you hit on them it allows you to spend big dollars elsewhere. If you don't have them you have to go out and pay free agents huge contracts and you are fing yourself that way. There is more than a few reasons draft picks are considered the life blood of any good team. It's not just cause there is a possible great player waiting for you, you also need to fill out a team with guys on rookie contracts at several key positions.

I hope we give up all of our draft picks for Jay Cutler. When you have the opportunity to get ass raped by an NFL team you do everything you can to do it. I want to start negotiations by saying we will give 2 1st round picks. Then we can say and anything else you guys want. OMG OMG OMG!!!

Wow a guy like Cutler on the Jets!!!

Imagine.

He would go against what Rex is trying to establish with a run 1st offense. We can pass EVERY DOWN!!!! Rex is coming in here and establishing the Jets as a defensive powerhouse, something we have all been praying for for years, and we now have the chance to undermine that before it even gets off the ground. OMG OMG OMG!!! Cause when a diva who is disliked by his team and ignores his coaches and can't grasp that the good of the team is larger than himself comes available. You do whatever it takes to get him.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

He's a potential franchise QB who has not proven anything yet outside of that he has had a very good statistical year and could not elevate those around him when all they needed was 1 friggin win! OMG OMG OMG!!! Surely no other NFL QB has EVER had 1 great year in fantasy football on a losing team and then gone on to achieve mediocrity.

When a QB comes available. YOU GET HIM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! My nips are so hard right now. Please oh please oh please Tanny. Give Denver all the ammunition they need to make us look like even more of a pathetic joke of a franchise by unloading their problem on us for what might make the Hershel Walker deal look like a bargain!!!

OMG OMG OMG A QB!!! And one who doesn't fit the system and will undoubtedly undermine the new HC at that!!!!

TANNY DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

If you think adding Jay Cutler would be bad for this team then you are wrong. In fact, Im currently researching a study done regarding the importance of having good, experienced, well qualified players at key positions... The study was done on MLB teams but applies to any team sport as well.

Having a good QB and OL (both of which are key in any play) are on average more successful than teams whose talent is in other positions, such as WR and RB. If we have the chance to get Jay Cutler without giving up another one of those key players at key positions (or core role-players), we should take it and run for the hills, no questions asked!!!

If you think adding Jay Cutler would be bad for this team then you are wrong. In fact, Im currently researching a study done regarding the importance of having good, experienced, well qualified players at key positions... The study was done on MLB teams but applies to any team sport as well.

Having a good QB and OL (both of which are key in any play) are on average more successful than teams whose talent is in other positions, such as WR and RB. If we have the chance to get Jay Cutler without giving up another one of those key players at key positions (or core role-players), we should take it and run for the hills, no questions asked!!!

Keep reading boss. I am not opposed to him. But buyer beware. This guy is a primadonna and can hurt the team as much as he helps it.

Archived