Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is an April's fool Cutler has to be in on it. Imagine his reaction if they pull an April fool's and he isn't in on it. I'm hoping this is Denver messing with Cutler just because that would be hysterical.

If this is an April's fool Cutler has to be in on it. Imagine his reaction if they pull an April fool's and he isn't in on it. I'm hoping this is Denver messing with Cutler just because that would be hysterical.

What's more likely is that this is an April Fool's joke by that douche Mike Florio of PFT.

Quick and dirty, I couldn't quite get the facial dimensions right. I really should be grading papers, so if anyone else wants to try a crack at this, please be my guest...

cutler_diabeetuscopy.jpg

If you had rep on I'd rep you for this. This made me have an actual LOL. If we get him this will become my signature.

No $hit.

That doesnt mean that he cant request a release/trade whatever.

Why would he?

Teams aren't gonna be lining up to sign him. You've got far more established QBs available via free agency now. Clemens would be a moron to demand his release.

The only team he has any value to right now is the Jets.

If they don't get Cutler, he is competing for the starting job which he will most likely win.

If they do get Cutler, he will be an enormous help in helping Cutler learn the offense. Believe it or not, there have been plenty of guys who made damn nice careers of being backup QBs in this league. Gary Kubiak was Elway's backup and eventually his QB coach, now he's a HC.

If it's not going to happen for Clemens as a starter, he could do a lot worse than being a 10-year backup with the same team.

Further, a team that trades for Cutler is trading for his potential. Cutler had a probowl season but, as of now, he's not a franchise QB. You hope he becomes one. In otherwords, as of now, Cutler is NOT an elite player.

Revis, however, is an elite player right now. Revis is a better CB than Cutler is a QB.

So, the question is, do you trade a young elite player for another who you HOPE becomes elite. The answer for me is a definate NO.

Revis is a sure thing while Cutler is not.

I don't understand how Revis is anymore proven the Cutler at this point.. Imo, both are pretty well vetted..

Theres no point in staying and the Jets wont keep 4 QB's. :confused0085:

This makes little sense, especially considering he has 1 year left on his contract. Meaning an extension might be necessary along with giving up what's likely to be draft value in any trade, or conditional compensation in the event that he gets resigned. Also, importantly, considering his track record, he has zero leverage in demanding a trade and Tannenbaum could simply tell him no, and it's unlikely it would cause more than a slight hiccup amongst the players if he did it. Put bluntly, it's too much work for another team just to get Kellen F-cking Clemens.

Further, if anyone's likely to be released, it's Ainge, who would cease to be necessary on the roster considering he's a long-shot project just in case the other two don't work out AND they still can't find anyone else. Unless he's part of a Cutler deal, Clemens will be fighting Ratliff off for the backup position, but it's likely he'll be here in '09 unless the previously mentioned happens, and he'll hit free agency next year looking for a place where he can compete.

I hope we give up all of our draft picks for Jay Cutler. When you have the opportunity to get ass raped by an NFL team you do everything you can to do it. I want to start negotiations by saying we will give 2 1st round picks. Then we can say and anything else you guys want. OMG OMG OMG!!!

Wow a guy like Cutler on the Jets!!!

Imagine.

He would go against what Rex is trying to establish with a run 1st offense. We can pass EVERY DOWN!!!! Rex is coming in here and establishing the Jets as a defensive powerhouse, something we have all been praying for for years, and we now have the chance to undermine that before it even gets off the ground. OMG OMG OMG!!! Cause when a diva who is disliked by his team and ignores his coaches and can't grasp that the good of the team is larger than himself comes available. You do whatever it takes to get him.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

He's a potential franchise QB who has not proven anything yet outside of that he has had a very good statistical year and could not elevate those around him when all they needed was 1 friggin win! OMG OMG OMG!!! Surely no other NFL QB has EVER had 1 great year in fantasy football on a losing team and then gone on to achieve mediocrity.

When a QB comes available. YOU GET HIM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! My nips are so hard right now. Please oh please oh please Tanny. Give Denver all the ammunition they need to make us look like even more of a pathetic joke of a franchise by unloading their problem on us for what might make the Hershel Walker deal look like a bargain!!!

OMG OMG OMG A QB!!! And one who doesn't fit the system and will undoubtedly undermine the new HC at that!!!!

TANNY DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

I don't understand how Revis is anymore proven the Cutler at this point.. Imo, both are pretty well vetted..

Depends, Revis is slightly more, however Cutler's positional value just about evens it out and actually puts him slightly ahead. That being said, elite player-for-player deals are ridiculously rare (I've been studying to the bone lately, so my memory's hazy, but I'm fairly certain it's only happened once in the salary cap era), and it's easier to believe that a deal will consist mostly of picks.

Depends, Revis is slightly more, however Cutler's positional value just about evens it out and actually puts him slightly ahead. That being said, elite player-for-player deals are ridiculously rare (I've been studying to the bone lately, so my memory's hazy, but I'm fairly certain it's only happened once in the salary cap era), and it's easier to believe that a deal will consist mostly of picks.

denver does not want Revis as part of trade

He will cost them a fortune....

it will be draft picks and clemens or rat

I hope we give up all of our draft picks for Jay Cutler. When you have the opportunity to get ass raped by an NFL team you do everything you can to do it. I want to start negotiations by saying we will give 2 1st round picks. Then we can say and anything else you guys want. OMG OMG OMG!!!

Wow a guy like Cutler on the Jets!!!

Imagine.

He would go against what Rex is trying to establish with a run 1st offense. We can pass EVERY DOWN!!!! Rex is coming in here and establishing the Jets as a defensive powerhouse, something we have all been praying for for years, and we now have the chance to undermine that before it even gets off the ground. OMG OMG OMG!!! Cause when a diva who is disliked by his team and ignores his coaches and can't grasp that the good of the team is larger than himself comes available. You do whatever it takes to get him.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

He's a potential franchise QB who has not proven anything yet outside of that he has had a very good statistical year and could not elevate those around him when all they needed was 1 friggin win! OMG OMG OMG!!! Surely no other NFL QB has EVER had 1 great year in fantasy football on a losing team and then gone on to achieve mediocrity.

When a QB comes available. YOU GET HIM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! My nips are so hard right now. Please oh please oh please Tanny. Give Denver all the ammunition they need to make us look like even more of a pathetic joke of a franchise by unloading their problem on us for what might make the Hershel Walker deal look like a bargain!!!

OMG OMG OMG A QB!!! And one who doesn't fit the system and will undoubtedly undermine the new HC at that!!!!

TANNY DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

fail003.jpg

Archived