THE NUGE signs with the Bucs - PFT.com [Merged 2X]

Just reported on Sirius NFL Radio as well.

BUCS SIGN NUGENT

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 12:40 p.m.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have announced the acquisition of kicker Mike Nugent, a free agent formerly with the Jets.

It

And he turned down the Jets offer for a mutli-year extension?

Doesn't make sense.

Was thinking the same thing when I read it.

Doesn't make sense IMO, unless he really hated playing for the Jets.

He wanted a clean slate. Fans here we dicks to him. He is great and he deserves better.

How exactly were the fans really dicks to him? He never really got booed unless he missed an easy kick, and pretty much any kicker gets booed when he shanks.

And by deserves better, is better defined as a one year deal for vet minimum for your first free agency since being drafted?

Oh, as for those wondering why he turned down the jets " multi year extension." Was it ever released exactly what he turned down? Maybe it was for a minimum amount and he was told he would be competing with feely or whatever "ups driver" (as 124 likes to call the scrubs) they could get to put down a cigarette long enough to kick a field goal in practice.

I think its a well known done deal that I will now be heading down to Tampa for the Jets/Bucs game. :)

SO YOU CAN SEE HIM KICK A 55 YD'ER AT THE END OF REGULATION TO BEAT US???

I will be there, make it happen Joe

Think I will wear his jersey, thinlk he will sign it for me???

SO YOU CAN SEE HIM KICK A 55 YD'ER AT THE END OF REGULATION TO BEAT US???

I will be there, make it happen Joe

Think I will wear his jersey, thinlk he will sign it for me???

Nuge is an awesome human being, I don't see why not.

Mike Nugent signed a 1 year deal with the Bucs. Oh, the humanity!!!

um, in the list of saddest jets news, I don't think this ranks in the top 500. I would say a endzone flag fag getting turf toe after running onto the field for a field goal celebration in a fourth quarter while down 30 points in a game we lost durring the Kotite years would rank higher than Nuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggeeeeeeee leaving to play on a one year deal for a vet minimum.

lol from the fan of the team that gave up #2 picks two years in a row on sh$tty qbs, beck/henne

You could have cited better examples, Let us not forget the #2 pick wasted on AJ Feeley and the #2 pick wasted on Daunte Culpepper.

And Henne's gonna be great!!

Archived