Jets are talkin' to the Jags...

Jets Babe

No way Babe. If the Jets trade up to draft Sanchez it will be for one reason and one reason only: to sell PSL's. Drafting a young, inexperienced QB will buy them two or three seasons of mercy for mediocre play while still energizing the fan base. Nothing perks up the marketability of a franchise like a pretty, young multi-ethnic QB with a bright smile and a quick wit to go along with soft (yet supple) lips and an ass like dat. And a good arm, too.

:rl: potwnom

it must be hard for you to not have what you want and have what you do not desire.

hint: MAX ;)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is true, but like you said, Sanchez has amazing tools. Great accuracy. Kid from USC. Whats not to like? Freeman, cannon of an arm, but a project player. Much different than Sanchez. Freeman is much more likely to bust than Sanchez is.

Sanchez doesn't have "amazing" tools, per se. He has a plus arm, good accuracy and decent mobility. He doesn't have any one quality that counts as "amazing" other than his dreamy chestnut eyes:

mark.jpg

Those rape allegations were bull****. You know who else had rape allegations in college?

Oh my God, I thought you were going to say "Tom Shane." And it wasn't a rape. The dude fell down and I fell down on top of him, It happens. Showers are slippery places.

To be fair, Matty L had Reggie Bush, Lendale White and a sick defense. Sanchez had....linebackers.

Come on now. Sanchez was playing with a defense that some called perhaps the "best ever" (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3797481). And offensively he was still playing with relatively elite talent. Yes, Leinart had big-time players next to him, but he was their unquestioned leader, and was a winner. Sanchez never came close to winning like Leinart won. Leinart has pretty eyes, too:

matt+leinart.jpg

The Ravens are a perfect example. They're built to win-now, but they had a rookie QB who did pretty well, no?

Flacco spent five years in college (two at Pitt, three at Delaware) learning the craft, and he has an elite arm. Sanchez has 16 college starts. A bit of a different pedigree, no?

I really couldn't care less. Lewin deserves all the credit in the world for developing the model but when it comes to interpreting it he's just wild-ass guessing like the rest of us. Clemens and the injury adjustment debacle springs readily to mind.

Well I wasn only offering it for the viewpoint, you should know that I don't accept what these guys say as gospel..

That's stupid. If a quarterback is worth the replacement cost at 17 he's worth the monetary cost at 8. Sanchez isn't.

Disagree. Less money, less pressure to start right away = good for a guy who needs some seasoning like Sanchez...

As much as I value the opinion of Mike Mayock, there are just too many red flags with Sanchez.

He's an inexperienced underclassmen. I know people can say "Well, look at Matt Cassell!". Yeah, look at him. He was a seventh round pick. He didn't require a trade-up and millions upon millions of dollars.

If we were going to give up a ransom for a QB, it should have been Cutler. This move would be beyond stupid.

Gotta hand it to JB, this rumor has appeared now in other places, though not specifically regarding the Jags. PFT had the Jets as actively seeking a trade to move up for Sanchez.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/16/will-the-jets-trade-up-to-land-sanchez/

If the Jets draft Sanchez, it will be the worst decision since their last draft day blunder....which ironically was only less than a year ago.

Perhaps someone can tell me just what Sanchez has done to this point.

If the Jets draft Sanchez, it will be the worst decision since their last draft day blunder....which ironically was only less than a year ago.

Perhaps someone can tell me just what Sanchez has done to this point.

He will look good on the back page of The Post and that, in Woody's mind, will sell PSL's. That's the long and short of it.

Gotta hand it to JB, this rumor has appeared now in other places, though not specifically regarding the Jags. PFT had the Jets as actively seeking a trade to move up for Sanchez.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/16/will-the-jets-trade-up-to-land-sanchez/

This sounds like the ole snifferooski verbage that got you in trouble last time ;)

um, nowhere in that article does it say the JETS will move up it's all speculation...:rolleyes:

Saw this on PFT yesterday:

Mayock: NFL Draft Is Lopsided

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 16, 2009, 9:05 a.m. EDT

Is this year’s NFL Draft akin to a Bizarro world where everything is backwards?

That might be stretching the point a bit, but there’s still a growing consensus in NFL circles that the quality of players available in the top 10 picks is extremely similar to the talent level of the players projected to be drafted in the teens and early 20s of the first round.

According to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, per Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, teams are looking to bail out of the top 10 and trade down.

Every team in the top 10 is looking to trade out,” Mayock told reporters today in a conference call. “I’ve never seen a situation quite like this. And the theory is, everybody knows we’re upside down with this draft. The rookies are getting paid way too much money proportionate to their value. So, teams are scared to death to miss in the top 10.”

According to Mayock, part of the trend goes back to simple economics. (Random thought: Where’s the teacher from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off to explain it all to us?)

“Here’s what’s happening, which I think is really interesting to see if this trend plays out: That old trade chart that all the teams used to use, it began to go out the window last year and I think, like the economy, it’s completely out the window,” Mayock said. “So, I think any team in the top 10 that’s looking to get out will listen to any reasonable offer. And more than ever teams are looking to get down to 15 to 25 because you can get the same kind of player at 20 than you can at seven, and you pay one-third the money.”

Of course the Jets would be the bizzarro world franchise looking to move up. The move really only makes sense for a QB or a planet player like Raji.

If the article's true, at least maybe the Jets can move up without overpaying (*cough* Bowling Blade *cough*), and maybe even get up cheap. A one and next year's two to get to eight? That wouldn't be so bad.

Saw this on PFT yesterday:

Mayock: NFL Draft Is Lopsided

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 16, 2009, 9:05 a.m. EDT

Is this year’s NFL Draft akin to a Bizarro world where everything is backwards?

That might be stretching the point a bit, but there’s still a growing consensus in NFL circles that the quality of players available in the top 10 picks is extremely similar to the talent level of the players projected to be drafted in the teens and early 20s of the first round.

According to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, per Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, teams are looking to bail out of the top 10 and trade down.

Every team in the top 10 is looking to trade out,” Mayock told reporters today in a conference call. “I’ve never seen a situation quite like this. And the theory is, everybody knows we’re upside down with this draft. The rookies are getting paid way too much money proportionate to their value. So, teams are scared to death to miss in the top 10.”

According to Mayock, part of the trend goes back to simple economics. (Random thought: Where’s the teacher from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off to explain it all to us?)

“Here’s what’s happening, which I think is really interesting to see if this trend plays out: That old trade chart that all the teams used to use, it began to go out the window last year and I think, like the economy, it’s completely out the window,” Mayock said. “So, I think any team in the top 10 that’s looking to get out will listen to any reasonable offer. And more than ever teams are looking to get down to 15 to 25 because you can get the same kind of player at 20 than you can at seven, and you pay one-third the money.”

Of course the Jets would be the bizzarro world franchise looking to move up. The move really only makes sense for a QB or a planet player like Raji.

If the article's true, at least maybe the Jets can move up without overpaying (*cough* Bowling Blade *cough*), and maybe even get up cheap. A one and next year's two to get to eight? That wouldn't be so bad.

Nice article. But for Sanchez? Yeesh. I have this suspicion that, like Dewayne Robertson, Sanchez is being pumped up by some teams so that some nitwit franchise with a gullible front office headed by a virtual accountant and owned by a skirt-chasing Band-Aid heir who desperately needs to gouge his fanbase for PSL money will fork over a bunch of picks to trade up for him. How else can you explain teams supposedly wanting to gamble on a player like this? It's almost absurd.

Hey, here's an idea...why dont we Trade DOWN and get some more picks instead of the other way around. Worked well for Parcells and Jimmie Johnson for years..There really nothin at 17 so why not???

Depth.. and we do good in the later rounds.

Hey, here's an idea...why dont we Trade DOWN and get some more picks instead of the other way around. Worked well for Parcells and Jimmie Johnson for years..There really nothin at 17 so why not???

The Jets will not lose the back page. Trading down and drafting for depth is not sexy enough for Mike Tannenbaum. He has a love affair with getting his name in the paper for making big, splashy moves.

Probably because you don't compile picks in a weak draft.

The way to approach a weak draft is to do what the Jets did in '07. Quality over quantity. Getting Darrelle Revis and David Harris worked out well, right?

Nice article. But for Sanchez? Yeesh. I have this suspicion that, like Dewayne Robertson, Sanchez is being pumped up by some teams so that some nitwit franchise with a gullible front office headed by a virtual accountant and owned by a skirt-chasing Band-Aid heir who desperately needs to gouge his fanbase for PSL money will fork over a bunch of picks to trade up for him. How else can you explain teams supposedly wanting to gamble on a player like this? It's almost absurd.

Trust me, I am not behind the idea of moving up for Sanchez at all. I think there's probably a 50-50 shot that he'll be there at #17, anyway. But unfortuntately, that's the type of player that someone could fall in love with. And I think Tannenbaum's a guy who falls in love. I don't see the Jets moving up for a WR if there's not a lot of difference between the #2 prospect and the #4 prospect. The position is such a gamble that it's foolish to pay extra for your lottery card.

I wouldn't be in favor of this even though I like Sanchez a lot. He's not worth a 1st, 2nd, and late round pick. I would consider it if it only took a 3rd but that's unrealistic. Also, I worry that they'd rush him to the field to early when he needs a minimum of one year on the bench.

All that being said, some people are going overboard with their critisism of him. He's a pretty good prospect and the only significant weakness he has is a lack of experience. If he stays for another year he probably is in the discussion for the #1 overall pick. He's got good accuracy, a good (not great) arm, and good intangables. For anyone to compare his arm to Pennington is ridiculous. It doesn't always have to be Jamarcus Russell or Chad Pennington, there is a middle ground.

Also, I still don't agree with the blanket statements people make about college experience being a direct correlation to NFL success. All those stats you can bring up don't take into account the team the player is on, the supporting cast, whether they were asked to start immediately, other weaknesses the player has, etc. To use a hypothetical, is anyone going to tell me a rifle-armed, accurate, great decision making QB with a great o-line and running game is going to fail simply because they didn't start more games in college.

Also, I'd probably rather take Crabtree if they traded all the way to 8, even though his oversized ego worries me.

Bump. Sal Pal just confirmed this on sports center...looks like my source was right. This is going to happen, make no doubt about it. Sanchez to the Jets.

Nice premature I told you so. Trying to convince yourself the blowjob was worth it?

Archived