How is anyone upset right now?

ECURB

Please explain to me how you can be upset that the JETS got better?

Are JETS fans really this ****ed up in the head?

The JETS got better today and your bitching and crying?

WTF is wrong with you...

Last time Tanny traded up to get his man the JETS landed one of the best CB's in football... and then Keller...

Seriously Revis and Keller are not evidence enough?

Please explain to me how you can be upset that the JETS got better?

Are JETS fans really this ****ed up in the head?

The JETS got better today and your bitching and crying?

WTF is wrong with you...

Last time Tanny traded up to get his man the JETS landed one of the best CB's in football... and then Keller...

Seriously Revis and Keller are not evidence enough?

Before that he landed one of the biggest busts in NFL history. It all evens out.

His college coach said he wasn't ready for the NFL. If you want to play in the Meadowlands you need a strong arm. He doesn't have one. IF he is going to be an elite QB, and that is a big "if", he is going to need at least 3 years and this is a team built to win now. It's a horrid trade and a horrid pick, past draft is not a precursor for current success.

His college coach said he wasn't ready for the NFL. If you want to play in the Meadowlands you need a strong arm. He doesn't have one. IF he is going to be an elite QB, and that is a big "if", he is going to need at least 3 years and this is a team built to win now. It's a horrid trade and a horrid pick, past draft is not a precursor for current success.

He doesn't have a strong arm?? Since when?? He doesn't have as strong an arm as Stafford, not many do, but he definitely has very solid arm strength coupled with an extremely quick release.

Just watch this video and tell me what throws he can't make....

He may very well end up needing 3 years to start to his his prime, but that doesn't mean he can't help win sooner than that.

He doesn't have a strong arm?? Since when?? He doesn't have as strong an arm as Stafford, not many do, but he definitely has very solid arm strength coupled with an extremely quick release.

He may very well end up needing 3 years to start to his his prime, but that doesn't mean he can't help win sooner than that.

He wasn't good enough to beat out John David Booty. That's all that needs to be said.

Tell you why I don't like this pick.

1. We were already strapped for picks, especially compared to Buffalo and New England. Now we have even less.

2. Young, unproven QBs was not a need for this team. We had 3. Now we've dealt 1 and replaced him with another.

3. Recently we were considering upgrading Kenyon Coleman, now we're downgrading him. Where is his replacement coming from exactly?

4. Apparently all you need to do to know your QB sucks is to have him play with an injured WR corps behind a crappy o-line with an everydown back that only managed 2 TDs all season for 8 games and go 3-5 during that period.

Add to that any theoretical, imaginary idea that he isn't beating out a veteran QB that had a shot at the pro-bowl that same year and BAM! He sucks!!! He didn't "show us anything", whatever the hell that means.

Even if Sanchez is capable of becoming a big time QB, how long will it be before the fans turn on him? He's not throwing to anyone here let's admit it.

5. Great, top 5 QB contract. Crazy money. Great.

6. Probably the most doubtful QB prospect I've ever seen taken in the top 10.

7. Very little experience. This is a PROJECT QB, not a bonafide starter. Welcome to New York the 2009 Gholston.

Now considering all our other needs and our utter lack of picks, how are we going to get a TE, o-line depth, a LEGITIMATE WR or a defensive end. And running back? That's completely out of the question.

I have a really bad feeling about this one.

i was upset at first with the pick, but having time to think it over, i am pretty happy now. I think he is going to be a good qb in the league, we are going to have a much better defensive team this year than last, and i think he is an upgrade over favre. im happy

Again someone tell me what there is to LIKE about Sanchez besides being good looking, charming etc. Something real, cause I'm not seeing it. He's inexperienced/unpolished and has an injury history and no particular on-field strengths that I can see.

BUT he looks handsome and he fits the "QB model" with that fisique... and... and... and...

Hey man, listen, the Ratliff lovers love it because he's another ****ing Ratliff. Bench warmer minus one season.

straight from nfl.com

Positives: Ascending talent whose intangibles for the position are just as impressive as his physical tools. Cerebral player. Reads defenses well and rarely throws into coverage. Goes through his progressions quickly and takes what the defense gives him. Recognizes the blitz very well for a player of his experience and often targets the weak link on defense when blitzed. Good setup and a smooth over-the-top delivery. Legitimate NFL arm strength. Capable of making every NFL throw, including the deep ball. Rather than relying on pure arm strength as some of the other highly touted passers of the 2009 class do, however, Sanchez combines good velocity with rare anticipation, especially for a player of his limited experience. Consistently releases his passes before his receivers have made a break, giving the defense little time to react. Distributes the ball all over the field. Good short, medium, and long-range accuracy. Consistently places his passes where only his receiver can get it and throws a very catchable ball. When healthy, showed very surprising mobility for his size. Can evade the pass rush and will scramble if the defense gives free yards. Rare accuracy on the rollout. Squares his shoulders and can fire the ball with consistency and accuracy.

hope this helps

1. We were already strapped for picks, especially compared to Buffalo and New England. Now we have even less.

SO if we had traded down and acquired more picks just to equal our division rivals you would have been happy? More picks doesn't necessarily mean better talent, better results, or a better draft.

2. Young, unproven QBs was not a need for this team. We had 3. Now we've dealt 1 and replaced him with another.

We have upgraded the talent level of our "young, unproven" quarterback position. You make it sound as though Clemens, Ratliff, and Ainge have the same potential as Sanchez. Clearly our front office did not feel the same way.

3. Recently we were considering upgrading Kenyon Coleman, now we're downgrading him. Where is his replacement coming from exactly?

Getting rid of Coleman's contract was a bonus for this team. Who is to say a player on our roster like Douglas cannot replace his production? Not every situation can be perfect and also its not like we lost Jenkins here....

4. Apparently all you need to do to know your QB sucks is to have him play with an injured WR corps behind a crappy o-line with an everydown back that only managed 2 TDs all season for 8 games and go 3-5 during that period.

Add to that any theoretical, imaginary idea that he isn't beating out a veteran QB that had a shot at the pro-bowl that same year and BAM! He sucks!!! He didn't "show us anything", whatever the hell that means.

I don't know how much more blatant the Jets front office could make it to us, they don't like Kellen Clemens. I am sure this wasn't a decision made over night. They have watched him for his entire career and feel he doesn't have what it takes to be the face of the franchise. Barring a miracle performance Clemens was going to be replaced sooner then later.

Even if Sanchez is capable of becoming a big time QB, how long will it be before the fans turn on him? He's not throwing to anyone here let's admit it.

I don't know what this means, if Sanchez becomes a big time quarterback then all Jets fans will be behind him. I think most reasonable and intelligent Jet fans will give him at least a couple of years. Wide receiver is a concern and the jets did try to address it by attempting to get back into the first round, but they didn't have enough. That said if you can't get both you go for the quarterback you hold in high regard over the wide receiver.

5. Great, top 5 QB contract. Crazy money. Great.

In a perfect world the Jets could have landed him at 17 and paid significantly less money. The Redskins and Broncos would have prevented that from being a reality. I wish the NFL structure was different but the Jets did what they had to do to land the person they wanted.

That's your opinion. Out of the three first round quarterback prospects most "experts" believe that he is the least likely to bust.

7. Very little experience. This is a PROJECT QB, not a bonafide starter. Welcome to New York the 2009 Gholston.

I know this is going to be a very unpopular opinion, but as someone who follows the NBA very closely I feel there is a chance Sanchez hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. In the NBA where players are taken out of high school, inexperience can mean that the player could turn out even better then predicted. Imagine Sanchez went back for his senior year and dominated, he could easily be the number one pick in 2010. We *might* have landed a player this year that we most likely we couldn't have landed next year.

Now considering all our other needs and our utter lack of picks, how are we going to get a TE, o-line depth, a LEGITIMATE WR or a defensive end. And running back? That's completely out of the question.

The draft is not a panacea for all of a team's ills. Could we have drafted more players hoping that they would fill positions then we will, absolutely. We also could have also filled the most important position in football instead of drafting a bunch of players who are cut in the next few years. Overall I would rather the dice with what we have done...

When he fell past the Rams, I knew he was going to be a jet and I'm so happy we didn't have to give up the farm. It was one of the best moves that Mangini has ever done for the Jets.

Tell you why I don't like this pick.

Picks don't win championships, players do.

QB wasn't a need? We had 2 who couldn't play. Now we have one who can. ATL and BAL show that you can win with a young QB. Sure, BAL was a lot based on their D, but ATL's D sucked and they won.

I'd argue by not having him, you didn't downgrade at all....

No, you can watch in practice every day too...

Do the words Ryan Leaf mean anything to you?

Disagree. This guy played in a PRO STYLE OFFENSE. He's NOT changing positions. He's running an offense SIMILAR to what we're going to run. Gholston was changing positions, and everyone was doubting him pre-draft.

PICKS don't win squat. This team needs offense. The D is pretty much taken care of. We don't need a 1st round defensive end. We didn't need a 1st or 2nd round RB either.

a team built to win now with a huge glaring holoe at the most important position on the team? i want some crack too.

a team built to win now with a huge glaring holoe at the most important position on the team? i want some crack too.

lol

Yeah this team was in win it all now mode with Kellen CLemens... you didnt know?

The JETS FO and two coaches do nto like Clemens... I think that is pretty clear... regardless of what BS the spewed to the media... which now it was obvious they were nto happy with the QB situation they just didnt want others to know...

Losing COleman was a good thing... he was the weak link and Rex already brought in somebody who can most likely at least do what coleman could... if not they will draft someone or pick someone up after cuts...

Some people here act like the roster is locked in for the entire year right now... as if no moves are made after this point... a lot of big needs are filled after cuts every year...

yea you and everyone else Kleck-it was so obvious

It was clear they set it up with the camera man and the director ahead of time.

They had some intern looking for Jets fans who didn't like Sanchez so they could have video to add to the obnoxious compilation of Jets draft picks over the years.

Well, here's to hoping they play the video of those assclowns pretending to cry after Sanchez wins his fifth Super Bowl for us.

I was ecstatic yesterday when they picked Sanchez. At least the Jets have the potential for a franchise QB. They have the potential to have what they didn't have since the days of Namath. I mean after all of the draft busts throughout the Jets history and especially after last season with the disappointment that Favre brought to the Jets, you'd think that ALL Jets fans would be happy to have a possibility to see the light at the end of the tunnel.....this time for many years to come. When was the last time the Jets saw the light at the end of the tunnel???? I just don't get some Jets fans. Clemens proved that he can't be a productive starter. Ainge looks to me like another Pennington. So why not take a chance. After all, isn't that what the draft is all about?? At least the Jets didn't pick a kicker with their first pick. Then again maybe if the Jets had picked a kicker with their first pick, those Jets fans who are unhappy with the Sanchez pick might be happy with a kicker.

I'm extremely happy with this pick, but you'd be lying if you said you weren't a little nervous.

HIgh Risk - High Reward

Enough of the mediocre crap... I love the JETS recently actually trying to become a consistent winning franchise...

I'm beginning to think we have some hoarders on this forum, who aren't satisfied if the Jets have less than 9 picks in the draft. If one of said posters disappears from the boards for a while, they're probably in their garage, buried under a pile of Daily News issues from the last 10 years.

Archived