Revis is the best Jet I've ever seen

Matt39

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revis may be the best open field tackler in the game as well. Well behind Polumaulu.

LOL you'd be suprised how many missed tackles Polumalu gets.... Troy isn't that great of a tackler man.

Originally Posted by Jbro22 viewpost.gif

Ummm, how long do corners stay dominate for?

Pending on what he does that last year, I have no problem saying bye.

Champ Bailey?

good stuff 2-7...Emerson Boozer has to be right up there with McNeil, Martin and Riggins who was hybrid-call him a RB ...Matt Snell perhaps our greatest FB ever. Richard Caster was a force-and Jerome Barkum was Jerricho Cotchery before there was a Cotchery

Believe me, fellas, Im jealous of you dudes who saw the broader range of Jets talent. I'm 36, but I didn't start paying attention to the Jets until '87, which might explain why Im so angry and bitter. Waaaaaay too many dark times.

Light years my ass. He may be better than Glenn when it's all said and done, but until this (2 game old) season he certainly wasn't. Until this year Revis spent very little time in straight man. I remember him being unable to stop Braylon Edwards when it counted and plenty of guys had big days against us. Glenn did it for years. Hasty also can be in this conversation. He's probably better than Jerry Holmes and Bobby Jackson.

I'm used to Jets fans falling in love. They'll probably all be screaming for him to be cut the first time he's out on a island and gives up a game winning TD when the blitz doesn't arrive in time.

I'm more concerned with people squawking about "locking up" a guy that isn't even to the midway point of his contract. Sanchez threw a TD! Lock him up!

+1 QBs did not even throw at Aaron Glenn

• 1 month later...
Crazy isn't it? Everyone ripped Tanny for giving him that 6th year trigger, and now he looks like a genius for it.

Why, isn't the six year trigger more costly then a franchise tag would've been? est. between 13-15M, franchise tag currently 10.. And we paid more upfront for the right to do it..

All it reall buys us is prevents us from having to decide who to franchise between brick and revis as a 5 year deal would've had them on the same timetable

Revis is awesome.. Could see it from day 1..

Last Jet rookie like that was Abraham. Abe's talent probably jumped off the screen even more, but he couldn't stay healthy.

OMG, I was sitting with my cousin during one of Abe's first games and he went around the end to the QB like nothing we seen. We just stared at each other and a piece of cheese fell out of my mouth. Guy could have been one of the best ever if he stayed healthy. His speed around the end is something you see once every ten years.

OMG, I was sitting with my cousin during one of Abe's first games and he went around the end to the QB like nothing we seen. We just stared at each other and a piece of cheese fell out of my mouth. Guy could have been one of the best ever if he stayed healthy. His speed around the end is something you see once every ten years.

How long until you picked up that cheese and jammed it back into your gaping maw?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that game thouroughly I was telling my Cousin who is a Giants fan watchout for that Abraham fella #94 right before the snap I think it was week 2 or 3 and it 100% against the Bucs and he came off the corner and sacked the QB and caused a fumble that we recovered and helped us win the game, my Cousin was like wow you really called that one.

And can you imagine how much better Revis would be had he signed on time and had a whole training camp his rookie year? :P

Revis is just ridiculous. Watching him play for this team just makes me happy.

find it funny that Jif-fy pop mocking VTF for his Revis comments

on DPOY

truly a pathetic fan

Revis will be next jet in HOF, not sure if Cmart makes it

Archived