6-Year-Old Trapped On Flying Saucer

Lil Bit Special

Garb is right, we are a bunch of imbeciles who sit around all day scratching our asses and sniffing our fingers. She should run for office and make some changes. lol. There is literally nothing anyone can do to change anything about he way to world works. You can only try to live your life and try to be a good person.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garb is right, we are a bunch of imbeciles who sit around all day scratching our asses and sniffing our fingers. She should run for office and make some changes. lol. There is literally nothing anyone can do to change anything about he way to world works. You can only try to live your life and try to be a good person.

I feel like an imbecile for spelling imbeciles wrong in my original post :bag:

And, speaking of stupid......this whole hot air baloon episode has attention whoring manure written all over it. So, a family is in a panic for how long? And this kid is hiding in a box in the attick the whole time? Yup, that sounds totally legit :rolleyes:

in a box in the attic of the garage.

whew! much better ending then i expected.

As soon as you earlier posted that these people were on "wife swap" I smelled hoax. IMHO I think the family is just a bunch of attention whores and staged the whole thing. I hope the father gets a bill for the SAR . It was LOTS of wasted mam hours there.

I feel like an imbecile for spelling imbeciles wrong in my original post :bag:

And, speaking of stupid......this whole hot air baloon episode has attention whoring manure written all over it. So, a family is in a panic for how long? And this kid is hiding in a box in the attick the whole time? Yup, that sounds totally legit :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more.

RULE NUMBER ONE FOR MISSING CHILDREN

I'm not lying. The FIRST week as a police officer, in my first phase of training, I learned that the first place you look when you have a missing kid is their house!! You always, always, always check the house, garage and surrounding property. You would be amazed at how many times the kid is in the house, hiding for reasons just like this.

How it got this far and this involved, is beyond me.

Funny you say that G.O.B. cuz hen I was a kid in 1st grade I remember one day not wanting to go to school so I decided Id get up before them and hide under the bed and my parents would simply not bring me and just go on about their daily life. Neways I came out after a while cuz theyre panicking made me panic but I realize down the road if Im in their shoes Im looking in the house.

RULE NUMBER ONE FOR MISSING CHILDREN

I'm not lying. The FIRST week as a police officer, in my first phase of training, I learned that the first place you look when you have a missing kid is their house!! You always, always, always check the house, garage and surrounding property. You would be amazed at how many times the kid is in the house, hiding for reasons just like this.

How it got this far and this involved, is beyond me.

It would help if you "Haminized" your post

The wheels are coming off this hoax faster than Tom Brady's panties during Fleet Week in New York Harbor.

Dad will end up being charged when this is all over....at a minimum sued.

As well the asswipe should be. Nothing but an attention whore.

As soon as you earlier posted that these people were on "wife swap" I smelled hoax. IMHO I think the family is just a bunch of attention whores and staged the whole thing. I hope the father gets a bill for the SAR . It was LOTS of wasted mam hours there.

100% this is a bunch of BS. It apparently works since the father was on NBC's morning show. Prosecute these effers. BTW, the kids name is Falcon which shows you where these people's heads are. Can't they even give the kid a normal name like D'Brickashaw or something?

100% this is a bunch of BS. It apparently works since the father was on NBC's morning show. Prosecute theses effers. BTW, the kids name is Falcon which shows you where these people's heads are. Can't they even give the kid a normal name like D'Brickashaw or something?

At least he didn't name his kid Craig. :lol:

Sadly, yes.

It's obviously prophecy. The boy named Falcon will ascend to the heavens and the birds will eventually rule the planet. Not sure about you but I'm stocking up on birdseed, bird houses and getting a new power washer. Im starting out on the good side of our new overlords.

I was in a computer-free zone while I watched on TV. I kept wondering-can a balloon that size even lift a 6 year old boy?

Once I got to a computer, in ten minutes I figured the answer. After the thing landed, the balloon part, (as opposed to that thing underneath it), appeared to be about 16 feet across and perhaps six feet high. A cylinder of that size would have a volume of about 400 cubic feet. Of course the balloon was rounded and would likely have less volume than the cylinder we are using to figure, but it's better to guess on the high side.

Looking up this site here:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/helium2.htm

We find that a balloon of 900 cubic feet is required to lift a weight of 57 lbs. In other words, that balloon could only lift about 25 lbs.

Average wieght of 6 year old boy: 46 lbs.

Granted this is a rough sketch, and the rescue personnel were required to assume the kid was indeed aboard. But with all these interns and people behind the scenes at the networks, how come nobody mentioned even once that a quick calculation indicated this balloon couldn't lift an average 6 year old?

100% this is a bunch of BS. It apparently works since the father was on NBC's morning show. Prosecute these effers. BTW, the kids name is Falcon which shows you where these people's heads are. Can't they even give the kid a normal name like D'Brickashaw or something?

Couldn't agree more. Throw the bokk at em. BTW Isn't it nice how the media "rewards" these suckers with a TV appearance. They have to share some of the blame.

I was in a computer-free zone while I watched on TV. I kept wondering-can a balloon that size even lift a 6 year old boy?

Once I got to a computer, in ten minutes I figured the answer. After the thing landed, the balloon part, (as opposed to that thing underneath it), appeared to be about 16 feet across and perhaps six feet high. A cylinder of that size would have a volume of about 400 cubic feet. Of course the balloon was rounded and would likely have less volume than the cylinder we are using to figure, but it's better to guess on the high side.

Looking up this site here:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/helium2.htm

We find that a balloon of 900 cubic feet is required to lift a weight of 57 lbs. In other words, that balloon could only lift about 25 lbs.

Average wieght of 6 year old boy: 46 lbs.

Granted this is a rough sketch, and the rescue personnel were required to assume the kid was indeed aboard. But with all these interns and people behind the scenes at the networks, how come nobody mentioned even once that a quick calculation indicated this balloon couldn't lift an average 6 year old?

Nice work Wizard !

Funny you say that G.O.B. cuz hen I was a kid in 1st grade I remember one day not wanting to go to school so I decided Id get up before them and hide under the bed and my parents would simply not bring me and just go on about their daily life. Neways I came out after a while cuz theyre panicking made me panic but I realize down the road if Im in their shoes Im looking in the house.

How selfish do you have to be to do something like this? Geez, where did we get this man from!

Thanks, Thai Jet.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention that when figuring the rough estimate, I decided to assume the ballon was 8 feet high instead of the 6 feet it appeared to be, just as a safety factor. Figuring the balloon height at 6 feet, the volume would only be 301 cu ft and could only lift 19 lbs or less.

I decided on these dimenstions when the balloon landed and the gondola, sitting on it's side, appeared to be about chest high with the first rescuer, who was likely about 6 feet tall. Then all the other dimensions could be approximated.

Yes, it was a very rough way to figure the volume, but still-if anyone at the networks covering this incident had only spent a few minutes doing a rough estimate, it would have become clear that it was not possible for the kid to be in that balloon. But nobody did.

Wiz -- that is pretty interesting. You think one of the networks would have done some math in the hours of coverage.

i read they had some professor (physics maybe? idk) estimate that the balloon was probably capable of lifting about 80 lbs.

here was the exact quote from the article:

While the balloon was in the air, the sheriff's department reached out to a university professor who determined that a balloon of that size would support a child the size of Falcon, Alderden said. The balloon could probably handle a payload of about 80 pounds. The child weighed 37 pounds.

Thanks for the link, neckdemon. By the time I saw it, the balloon admittedly was in partially deflated condition. But if the fully inflated balloon is in the shape of a flying saucer, (flat on top), it is difficult to imagine how it could lift anywhere near the 80 lbs the professor said.

One news account gave the size of the balloon as approximately 20 feet wide by 5 feet high, which is about the same as my estimate of 16 feet across and 6 feet high. I think the prof made a mistake.

It's encouraging to see that at least one network made an attempt to deal with the question, though.

Busted

wI6UONWCq7A

Wow I just saw this for the first time. They're lying but if for by any chance at all they are actually telling the truth, they are two of the dumbest people I have ever seen.

When I found out there wasn't a kid inside, after the huge deal that this became, I couldn't help but say sick burn.

Actually you know what, they're still the two of the dumbest people ever.

Archived