Since seasons over, 2010 Draft!

R3V1S24

were in the 29th position so what do you think we should do with it?

my guess

R1 - Golden Tate (WR- Notre Dame)

R2 - the best CB/DB avalibale

R3 - DL - Ellis is getting up there in age, we need a young D-lineman

R4 - RB - since u guys r ripping Jones, and he's getting up in age too

R5 - Toss-up

R6 - Toss-up

R7 - Toss-up

*if we traded a spot, let me know

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be the defining off-season for Mike Tannenbaum and the front office. They've collectively spent 7 years building what we see now, and they have to supplement the pieces in place now, and they have to hit on almost every one of them. They need a receiver, a corner, a rush end and probably a linebacker and a safety. Add to that we have to add more depth at O-Line and in the defensive backfield and the Jets have alot of work to do.

This will be the defining off-season for Mike Tannenbaum and the front office. They've collectively spent 7 years building what we see now, and they have to supplement the pieces in place now, and they have to hit on almost every one of them. They need a receiver, a corner, a rush end and probably a linebacker and a safety. Add to that we have to add more depth at O-Line and in the defensive backfield and the Jets have alot of work to do.

Especially considering we have all of 3 draft picks to work with...

I don't think we have a 4th.

You know.. as much as I want more playmakers on offense... if we ever had a 2nd cornerback.. he doesn't have to be as good as Revis.. (who is)... but just give me someone who is pretty good and look out, this team could be scary good.

We could also use an outside pass rusher.. unfortunately, we're paying Gholston that kind of money who is doing nothing.

You know.. as much as I want more playmakers on offense... if we ever had a 2nd cornerback.. he doesn't have to be as good as Revis.. (who is)... but just give me someone who is pretty good and look out, this team could be scary good.

We could also use an outside pass rusher.. unfortunately, we're paying Gholston that kind of money who is doing nothing.

I just checked we have a 1st/2nd/6th / 7th

See, I honestly think Sheppard/Lowery/Strickland are being viewed somewhat unfairly.. I think they are, for the most part, avg. to above avg. corners. I really do. The reason it may not seem to us at times, however, is because Revis is good beyond what the word good can describe. I mean he is soo good that every time a person hes guarding catches a ball, everyone seems astonished and confused as to how that happened. As a result, no matter who your #2 and #3 are, they are going to get A LOT of passes thrown their way. And, lets face it, no one in the league is as good as Revis. So, yeah, you get say 15 passes thrown at you a day by a QB the likes of Manning (say he threw 40 times--15 to Lito 15 o Lowery 5 to Coleman and 5 to Revis)... Well, the avg or above avg cb is going to give up some catches and runs, sorta like what happened today.

I guess its the one bad side about having a Revis on your team...

See, I honestly think Sheppard/Lowery/Strickland are being viewed somewhat unfairly.. I think they are, for the most part, avg. to above avg. corners. I really do. The reason it may not seem to us at times, however, is because Revis is good beyond what the word good can describe. I mean he is soo good that every time a person hes guarding catches a ball, everyone seems astonished and confused as to how that happened. As a result, no matter who your #2 and #3 are, they are going to get A LOT of passes thrown their way. And, lets face it, no one in the league is as good as Revis. So, yeah, you get say 15 passes thrown at you a day by a QB the likes of Manning (say he threw 40 times--15 to Lito 15 o Lowery 5 to Coleman and 5 to Revis)... Well, the avg or above avg cb is going to give up some catches and runs, sorta like what happened today.

Lowery's problem is that he's a step slow and doesn't have great quickness to make up for it. He's a decent match-up against most average #3 receivers, but if it's a speed guy he's done. Strickland is tough and athletic, but he has zero ball skills. Lito is the best of the three, obviously, but he can be bullied, which annoyed the Eagles and now it annoys Rex, apparently. Bottom line, the Jets need an upgrade here.

Lowery's problem is that he's a step slow and doesn't have great quickness to make up for it. He's a decent match-up against most average #3 receivers, but if it's a speed guy he's done. Strickland is tough and athletic, but he has zero ball skills. Lito is the best of the three, obviously, but he can be bullied, which annoyed the Eagles and now it annoys Rex, apparently. Bottom line, the Jets need an upgrade here.

I agree we can use an upgrade...My point is its not going to be as easy to find one as many here make it seem. Sheppard, Strickland, and Lowery are probably as good as most #2, #3, and #4 cbs around the league.

The problem is that those 3 are fairly one dimensional. Sheppard can handle small, fast guys (sort of), and Lowery can handle bigger, slower guys. Aside from Revis they really don't have anyone that can handle a team's second WR if they're well-rounded. Lowery is fantastic out of the nickel but that's his limit; Jets #1 need going into this draft is CB2 and they've been scouting accordingly for it all year.

after today it's clear to me that we need tuo upgrade our pass rush in the worst way (DL or LB). at some point you have to be able to generate a pass rush with only 4 guys. after that we need db help. besides that we have to think about OL depth for the future. also...depending on leon's outlook we may need a rb.

after today it's clear to me that we need tuo upgrade our pass rush in the worst way (DL or LB). at some point you have to be able to generate a pass rush with only 4 guys. after that we need db help. besides that we have to think about OL depth for the future. also...depending on leon's outlook we may need a rb.

Agreed about DL/LB -- Unless Gholston really somehow magically gets his **** together this offseason, pass rusher is a need that has to be addressed if we want to make the next leap. Also agree it would be nice to have another rb (I wouldn't draft one though) in case Leon isnt what he used to be pre-injury. As for OL, I think Turner is an okay backup and the jury is still out on Matt Slausen or whatever his name is... But I would agree that it wouldnt hurt to add another late rd draft pick.

Basically, IMHO, the JETS 2 NEEDS are the following:

1 - Pass rusher

2 - A RB other then Jones (need someone quick to complement Greene, Jones imo is just a not as good version of greene) that can be serviceable in case leon isn't

Anything else, (OL Depth, DL Depth, secondary (CB) depth, would just be the cherry on top... Pass rusher and rb are absolutely needs if we are going to take the next step in the near future.

Eric Berry. I don't care if it takes a 1st next year. We're literally a ball hawk safety away from domination.

Berry is most certainly that good but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than next year's first to move up that high from where we'll be drafting. Very special prospect, for how talented this draft is at the top it really speaks highly of him that he's able to maintain where he is for now considering the positional value of safeties.

We shouldnt draft 29th, we were 9-7. Only superbowl teams draft last and 2ndd to last. We should be about 23rd I think.

They changed the rules this year. Its no longer your regular season record except for the SB teams. Now its final record including playoffs for everyone. So we pick third or fourth to last.

With so few picks, and strict limits in free agency, this might be a nice year for Tanny to trade down. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets try to get picks for Rhodes or Washington, but they can hardly be expected.

Mark Sanchez proved down the stretch that he can be a big time QB in this league, the Jets should make it their #1 priority to get him whatever he needs to reach his potential. A dynamic slot receiver who can fill in as a starter will be critical. Figure that Braylon will be here on a one year contract next season, it would be very wise for the Jets to have another top prospect on the roster while Edwards extends his audition. They also need another TE. If Keller were to ever get hurt, they have absolutely nothing behind him.

RB should not be a priority, IMHO. They've got their starter in Greene, and they can probably get TJ back at a reduced rate. They've got Washington (probably), Woodhead, the guy they picked off the Cowboys' practice squad, Brad Smith os more of a RB than WR... and really, RB's can be found anywhere. I'd bring in a handful of undrafted FA's next year and see if any of them stick.

Defensively, I think a true 3-4 DE should be the #1 priority. They need a guy who can not only hold the point of attack, but attack on his own. Does Bruce Smith have a kid? They obviously need to improve the CB depth after Revis, too.

You look at the top four seeds in this year's playoffs, and they were all bigtime passing programs. The Jets were the #1 passing dee, but they weren't dominant. They can be better. But what the Jets really need is to become a bigtime passing offense themselves.

Archived