Jets announce they'll be featured on HBO's Hardknocks per Cimini

Jbro22

Hard knocks a good thing?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Hard knocks a good thing?

• Yes, it's a good thing
    • No, I worry about the distraction
    • Who the hell cares?

I think the popularity of Rex is getting to his head. Too much, too fast.

We went from supposively "getting away from everything" last year to Cortland only to be followed by having a reality TV show the next season. If the Jets dont get blessed with every team in the NFL losing and the Colts giftwrapped game, I'd doubt we'd be getting this.

I love the show, but at the same time, lets win first.

Let's win first? Been waiting for over 40 years to win first, so what now some extra cameras are going to get in their way?

They were going to Cortland not necessary to get away from the media but to get closer as a team. Instead of at the end of the day and everybody going to their separate homes and families, they now have no choice but to see each other everyday and spend time with one another going out to the one local restaurant that their is in Cortland. The media follows the team regardless of location.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another cool thing about Cortland is we'll get some more great camp reports from Shane...I wonder if Jetcane will take some time off this summer and head up there and give HIS great camp reports since he decided to come back to JN (which I'm happy about). JC is the best MILF reporter in the business. Hey here's an idea; we need a Milf cam this year. Oh yea DMaynard also gave us some good reporting from up there last year.

another cool thing about Cortland is we'll get some more great camp reports from Shane...I wonder if Jetcane will take some time off this summer and head up there and give HIS great camp reports since he decided to come back to JN (which I'm happy about). JC is the best MILF reporter in the business. Hey here's an idea; we need a Milf cam this year. Oh yea DMaynard also gave us some good reporting from up there last year.

JC is back? Under the same handle?

JC is back? Under the same handle?

you have to guess that it is about hard knocks

but what if it is not?

I'm sure it is. There hasn't been any rumblings about any other players so i'm pretty sure it's HBO.

Wouldn't it be nice to announce "Hard Knocks" and Brandon Marshall at the same time?!

you have to guess that it is about hard knocks

but what if it is not?

I'm sure it is. There hasn't been any rumblings about any other players so i'm pretty sure it's HBO.

Wouldn't it be nice to announce "Hard Knocks" and Brandon Marshall at the same time?!

thank you faba for the serious answer

Ronald Reagan wants to tell you something Idaho.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the jets have enough veteran leaders to take care of any drama. form what I heard on the radio last two days, there is no clear cut example of a team suffering even a slow start after doing one

some jets fans see any sign of prosperity as a sure sign the doom is coming

c'mon fellas it's just a TV show, and the plot lines they are going to follow will be the rookies on the bubble for making the team, rex's weight loss, leons recovery, who sanchez is nailing and the new stadium

I would think that the fan that see every season that doesn't result in a super bowl win as a failure will think this is a bad thing. While the fan that views football as entertainment and loves the Jets win or lose is going to love this. I am probably in between. The show takes place during the early parts of camp and stops filming when the "real" players are fine tuning for the season. I think it will be fun to watch.

Anyone who doesn't want this, or thinks it will cost the season is a square.

There I said it.

Its true. Only reason people think its a jinx is because they don't realize the difference between correlation and causation. The reason teams get on Hard Knocks is typically because they're coming off a good season. And in a league where parity tends to control things, teams tend to have bad seasons after good ones. That has little to do with a TV show.

As far as the Jets go, success last season isn't the ONLY reason they're on this. Its because they have a highly entertaining head coach. And even if you want to argue that the show is a "distraction", you're wrong for the very reason I said, that Rex is entertaining. Rex eats this stuff up because it takes the pressure off the team. I'll bet the team responds positively to this show, with few negatives if any.

Archived