WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always wondered why some scans don't pick up everything. That sounds nasty.

well some are just new or exotic.. but he says his results from google searches are being overwritten, if av software isn't catching somethign that intrusive, it means it's being deflected..

No we are good nae. If anything I am saying the aggression isn't exactly "different" from you. That is your in-game persona. What happened to you and I was off game but if anything I feel we are kind of similar. I tend to lean more aggressively myself. Everything is cool.

*crawls into nae's lap*

This post really should've ended with:

*smacks nae's ass*

Thanks? :confused:

Let me ask another way... If I bring it to Staples and the guy gurantees he can remove any and all viruses for $130 (with no charge if he can't remove it) should I feel comfortable with that?

would that eliminate your doomsday scenario?

Maybe.. their are some anti rootkit tools that can do it..

I'd bring it there and let him try, i wouldn't be usng it for banking or anythign of that sort..

well some are just new or exotic.. but he says his results from google searches are being overwritten, if av software isn't catching somethign that intrusive, it means it's being deflected..

I might not be explaining it well but it's actually just a separate tab that opens that brings me to a site... most of the time it's a google page and other times it's one of those "you win" sites. I'm still able to function in the first tab though.. make sense?

Maybe.. their are some anti rootkit tools that can do it..

I'd bring it there and let him try, i wouldn't be usng it for banking or anythign of that sort..

Chan cant he just do a system restore ? Its helped me in the past. Im more of a hardware guy so ....

I also reinstall windows alot to keep my comp at peak performance but 90 % of the people out there dont back up their **** . Since I play online games this keeps me trouble free/

Right now i'd be ok lynching I28 for your reason and I just didn't like the post I quoted earlier. It's basically a vote because he hates her playstyle and he was smack dab where a wagon was forming on Lily.

I'm a little confused. You say you wouldn't mind voting I28, for JiF's reason and for the post you quoted earlier. But it looks to me like the post you're referring to is Pac's:

man, when did you start just mailing it in like that?

Did I miss a post where you quoted I28 voting Lily? Did you get Pac and I28 mixed up? (that would be the most fun for the game) Or would you not mind voting Pac, either?

I have to ask, since I have only played 1 game with I-128, is he a meltdown candidate ? Like in the Klecko category ?

I don't believe he's much of a "meltdown" candidate. If anything I think he'll take his shots at people on his way down, get more confrontational. JMO.

Chan cant he just do a system restore ? Its helped me in the past. Im more of a hardware guy so ....

I also reinstall windows alot to keep my comp at peak performance but 90 % of the people out there dont back up their **** . Since I play online games this keeps me trouble free/

Yeah Smash I actually did that though... restored it before downloading all those scanners etc.. It def helped and it's running faster but there's still that whacky thing where it's opening another tab and bringing me to google.. something still has to be in there.

sorry about the virus talk I'm just about done asking questions.

I might not be explaining it well but it's actually just a separate tab that opens that brings me to a site... most of the time it's a google page and other times it's one of those "you win" sites. I'm still able to function in the first tab though.. make sense?

that's a little less ominous, it sounds more like a popup then something overrding your networking... bring it to staples

Probably won't work with a rootkit, but yea a restore for a run of the mill virus should be fine

Slats go back to post 373

Pleading ignorance to something this blatant, is scummy if you ask me.

Unvote CTM and the useless flap of skin between his legs.

Vote LILY

I'm not going to sit by and watch you smarm your way to end-game again.

I'm not liking this post. I mean the part about CTM is accurate...but the rest of it is opportunistic to me on an easy lynch and the reasoning is echoed sentiment from Naeann.

Unvote

Vote I28

Yeah Smash I actually did that though... restored it before downloading all those scanners etc.. It def helped and it's running faster but there's still that whacky thing where it's opening another tab and bringing me to google.. something still has to be in there.

sorry about the virus talk I'm just about done asking questions.

Pac, last thing.. before you go to staples try running this software. Its the best out there IMO much better than AVG. Whats funny is on my gaming computer I dont run any Virus soft ware at all and never have problems and on this computer where I manage my website and forum crap I had AVG and always seemed to have Adware issues of some sort most likely because I surf on this comp more . I installed Vipre and it got rid of alot of problems for me. Give it a try before you go to staples its free for 15 days I believe.

http://www.vipreantivirus.com/?_kk=vipre%20antivirus&_kt=12cadd97-57d0-4cbf-8f21-95404d3b5a82&gclid=CM6qq7KQuaICFQS2sgodYSzX5Q

Went back and read from JiF's insightful setup post. This one stands out the most:

Especially when you consider "he got the feeling" about something that SMC made perfectly clear in the opening scene.

You'd have to click on the link to read the three posts he's quoting, but it's ridiculous. Basically he's agreeing with CTM that JiF is off because his "feeling" can be found in the opening post.

I did not get the feeling he was joking, and I really don't think he's that obtuse.

Here's Runin's comment on JiF's setup:

unvote and vote Jif The way this read, and with things I've read and information on this game, it sounds like you are scummy.

Not knowing Runin, I'm still willing to take this as straight up sarcasm.

unvote

vote: I-20-ape

Best thing going right now. Not so much trying to get people to talk setup as it was the idea that you were catching JiF being scummy in response to it.

You're not reading.. i was messing around and i recognized your sarcasm right away. I was just curious if anymonkey would try and use it as platform to get yuo lynched.. zomg, all innocents know who the witch is, but jif's not sure if we know.. he must be scum

Ok, I said it last night before there was any pressure about it and have been voting i28 for awhile and said atleast 1 time I like my vote where it is.

I'm about to have limited access for a few days anyway, lynch me and confirm how I was caught in jif's stupid trap and not trying to help it along..

Ya know, I saw some of that and I also saw some that would make me think you were serious. Not too worry, monkey brains is my top choice.

that's a little less ominous, it sounds more like a popup then something overrding your networking... bring it to staples

Pac, last thing.. before you go to staples try running this software. Its the best out there IMO much better than AVG. Whats funny is on my gaming computer I dont run any Virus soft ware at all and never have problems and on this computer where I manage my website and forum crap I had AVG and always seemed to have Adware issues of some sort most likely because I surf on this comp more . I installed Vipre and it got rid of alot of problems for me. Give it a try before you go to staples its free for 15 days I believe.

http://www.vipreantivirus.com/?_kk=vipre%20antivirus&_kt=12cadd97-57d0-4cbf-8f21-95404d3b5a82&gclid=CM6qq7KQuaICFQS2sgodYSzX5Q

:cheers:

Went back and read from JiF's insightful setup post. This one stands out the most:

You'd have to click on the link to read the three posts he's quoting, but it's ridiculous. Basically he's agreeing with CTM that JiF is off because his "feeling" can be found in the opening post.

I did not get the feeling he was joking, and I really don't think he's that obtuse.

Here's Runin's comment on JiF's setup:

Not knowing Runin, I'm still willing to take this as straight up sarcasm.

unvote

Best thing going right now. Not so much trying to get people to talk setup as it was the idea that you were catching JiF being scummy in response to it.

Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly...but there is definitely a little bit of the trying to get people to talk set ups pushing me toward him as well. Why even bring it up if you didnt want people to talk about it? Again, I'm not buying that he was just trying to find out who typically does and why they arent this game. The why is obvious and he's played enough to know the who.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac

CTM (1) -- AVM

Barm (2) -- Hess, Lily

JiF (2) -- Smashmouth, Runin

Runin (1) -- DPR

I28 (5) -- CTM, JVOR, JiF, Sharrow, slats

Verbal (2) -- BG, Barm

Nae (2) -- DanX, WWWWombat

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

Pac, you should get the brand of computer that rhymes with your name. I've been virus-free since I jumped from Bill Gates' evil empire to the one run by Steve Jobs.

actually it rhymes with mock.. short for Paco which was a nickname I got in Cacun... long story.

not a bad idea but I've decided to continue to google and download "fixes" until I either clear it or destroy my computer.

There are no current plans for operation "wipe and rebuild".

11 pages in and none of you giant ****ing geeks have speculated about setup yet... who are our usual "setup talk" advocates? It may make sense to start by kicking their tires.

Unless it will cause more emo, if that is the case, then just line up and kick me in the jimmy...

Okay.

You know what I am suspicious of? The fact that nobody seems dialed in to play yet. I'm guessing at this rate D1 will be 35 pages, and a bunch of backpedalling by a lot of people claiming all 15 of their early D1 votes were "jokes."

But go ahead, be suspicious of me for trying to speculate on who it make sense to pressure.

So far this game consists of ghey, emo, monkey, turds, CTM's poontang, and the Shermanator, a futuristic sex wombat sent back from teh future to mouth rape one very special little froggy.

We have 12 pages of ****. Tonight happens to be a good night for me to contribute...

When I am calling it 12 pages of ****, you know its bad.

Okay, to set the record straight. I was NOT encouraging anyone to talk setup. I was questioning why our "setup talk" repeat offenders were not doing it in this game so far.

Who are the guys/girls that talk setup game after game?

Why aren't they doing it this time?

Is it worth investigating?

Those were the key points to my initial post... sheesh.

Agreed on Zooey.

I have now made it clear now that I am NOT trying to discuss setup, but instead asking who typically discusses it. I think its a little shady for you to disregard that clarification of this point, and insinuate that I was trying to talk setup.

I'm just doing damage control - because the minute I made the comment it seemed like some people were trying to frame it like I was jumping into setup talk. Which was not the case.

Apparently.

All I wanted to know was which players typically discuss setup, to make the simple observation that for some reason they were not this time around.

Grasping at straws to be honest, but the opportunists are coming out of the woodwork doing a good job of "accidentally" thinking I meant something other than what I said.

Unvote Verb

Vote I28

Reason being, he is trying to force set up talks when SMC clearly hashed it all out for us in the opening scene.

FOS CTM and Runnin. CTM for not recognizing my sarcasm when we've been posting together for 5 + years and he actually used the work "reeked", total scum tell. And Runnin because I couldnt figure out if he was being sarcastic by calling me scummy for recapping opening scene/set up when monkey brains was trying to force us to talk about game set ups. ;-)

What a load of bull****.

Nothing about my initial comment about the "people that usually talk setup" indicates I wanted to "force set up talks."

And I have gone to great lengths with many posts setting the record straight since you and your dip**** "I don't like to read what you write" attitude posted your goofball theory that basically re-tells everything we heard from SMC.

Now you are trying to case me for what? Clearly articulating a question? When you are notorious for not reading ****?

Sounds like someone trying to deflect attention from their own shady move, by conjuring a case from the opposite of the truth.

Agreed with all of you.

So its settled then, we lynch either CTM, Runnin or Monkey Brains. :-) I'd prefer Monkey Brains because he seemed the most perplexed by my post and he was pushing for game set up talk when we already know the set up spelled out by SMC.

Haha... I really, really hope people see through this steamy pile.

I have to ask, since I have only played 1 game with I-128, is he a meltdown candidate ? Like in the Klecko category ?

No. I do not meltdown.

I will go down swinging, but I won't look like a chump doing it.

Frankly, if you guys follow JIF's lead on this... then there is no hope for the town, because he is swaying you all with NOTHING. ****ing sheep.

This game is starting off great. 15+ pages of nonsense and now you are all being pushed around by a ****ing retard who is trying to make a case vs. me, because he didn't ****ing read what I wrote. Yeah, that is my fault.

unvote

Lead around by JIF... of all people. :rolleyes:

I NEVER tried to talk setup. JIF can't read, and now he's spinning a case out of his over-zealous reaction to not reading what I initially posted.

Yay town. You dummies.

Ya know, I saw some of that and I also saw some that would make me think you were serious. Not too worry, monkey brains is my top choice.

Now I want to hang... just so I get the better of your sorry ass 2 games in a row.

You couldn't case me worth a damn last game... and I was scum.

This game, you are manufacturing a diahrea case against me.... and I am town.

I just hope if these puss-eeee's all follow your lead on this, they tear you a new ******* on D2.

You suck at teh mafia.

Now I want to hang... just so I get the better of your sorry ass 2 games in a row.

You couldn't case me worth a damn last game... and I was scum.

This game, you are manufacturing a diahrea case against me.... and I am town.

I just hope if these puss-eeee's all follow your lead on this, they tear you a new ******* on D2.

You suck at teh mafia.

I'm pretty sure you lost the last game.

Pac, you should get the brand of computer that rhymes with your name. I've been virus-free since I jumped from Bill Gates' evil empire to the one run by Steve Jobs.

Bah, the only reason Macs get less viruses is simply because less viruses are written for them because the *******s who write these things want to **** with as many people as possible, and the best way to do that is to write it for what the most people are using, and that's Windows. And this is coming from a macbook owner. Apple's are just as susceptible to problems as any other computer, and lately their business practices have been just as bad, if not worse, than anyone else's.

As I said earlier, I definitely didn't like the way some of the reactions came to JiF's post. I didn't case a vote at the time because I actually needed to go back and reread to see who said what. I find it intriguing that most people who have agreed on this have felt I28's response the scummiest. I didn't like either his or Runin's reactions, but most people seem to be leaning clearly towards I28 on that.

I also find it weird that in I28's angry ranting responses he keeps addressing the idea of whether or not he was trying to discuss setup, but not the questions that have been raised about his response to JiF's so-called "setup discussion". As I said earlier, it's not the discussion itself but the reaction by some to the comments made by JiF that caught me off guard the most, and it's the best thing I see so far. I was honestly inclined to go with Runin upon the initial review, but with nobody else there and me not being particularly crazy about I28's reactions since then, I'm glad to go that way too and apply some more pressure.

Vote: I28

I couldn't agree more - I switched in 2004 and have loved every virus-free minute of it. Hell, I don't even think about it anymore.

Anyway, I28 seems really jumpy in response to the accs against him given that the vote count is still really low.

Dude,I know your all hopped up on the bloodlust from the last game, but you seem awfully defensive.

Archived