WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

I'm also not seeing I28 as that scummy. Granted my only experience with him was as his scum buddy.

I saw that as him, like my friend Mynd from the other site, posting something to see what reactions he gets.. I saw Jif doing the same while being a bit of an arse with basically paraphrasing the OP stuff.

I saw scummier reactions from Runin and CTM. Especially CTM who panicked when he saw people FOSing those who responded to Jif and then disappeared once he saw more people interested in monkey man.

I still find my reasons for the vote on Lily as a good one.. she basically is doing an OMGUS vote on Barm from a former game. I agree Barm needs to speak up more. He made me look active last game. Heh. But the way she worded her reasonings struck me as very scummy. My vote had nothing at all to do with the personal conflict we had and everything to do with her play which struck me as off.

We have discussed the personal issue and I thought worked it out. I had dropped it with the talk last night and I hope, Lily, that you decide to do so as well and stop the jabs. I just want to play the damn game. Smc knows of it as the mod and that's all that matters.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think its either scummy or just another gross example of how big a clown he is when he doesn't read things thoroughly.

I'm not going to let myself get needlessly lynched because of JIF's lack of reading comprehension. His case has NO merit.

My initial post very clearly asked if the collective group thought it made sense to pressure the players in this game that typically would be well into discussing setup by now... not pressure them to talk setup, not suggest talking setup... but pressure them to explain why they are reluctant to do so. Remember, at the time I suggested it, NOTHING was being done to draw out scum.

JIF''s immediate summary of SMC's opening scene showed me he either didn't read what I wrote, didn't understand it, or he was posting a blatant paraphrase of the setup in order to do what he is doing now... insisting (in spite of me setting the record straight) that I was tying to talk setup.

I was not.

He however did delve into setup, and he either did it to conjure this ridiculous case.... or because he was too stupid to read, and is now trying to deflect attention from his assinine recap of SMC's opening.

He is an *******, but he NEVER types that much to be one.

Dude, you need to relax with the drama. My goodness.

Everyone was being all silly, you made a serious post that was stupid. Bottom line. I was ****ing with you by sarcastically telling you what SMC has already told us because I thought it was a pretty stupid question.

Then you immediately started to go on this, "I didnt try to start set up talk" rant. Kinda out nowhere, going out of your way, like you say, made it semed contrieved. And again, why bring up set up talks if you didnt want to talk about them? I for one, hate them, so I didnt say a thing. And oh yeah, SMC already told us the set up (but im the one that doesnt read:roll:).

This case is based on your reactions. Again, if I'm wrong. Sorry. This just seems very scummy. Innocent people get lynced, especially on day 1. Its suck when its you, but it happened to us all before so stop with the emo and take it like a man or get yourself out of it. You havent changed my mind.

JIF you are doing a good job leveraging your ignorance to the fact that I have answered all these prop questions you keep asking me. You ask them, I answer them, you ask them again to make it look like I am dodging them... round-and-round we go... and then people say I'm over-defending because you turned me into a broken record.

Well done.

Fortunately for you, these people are stupid.

You pulled this stunt at the perfect time.... really ensured that Lily would slip through.

You couldn't lynch me last game, but you might get it done this game.

You "aren't leading"... but you took the time to respond to all those multi-quotes? You are talking about of both sides of your mouth. Well done lacing that last response with plenty of disclaimers about "not being 100% sure" and what not.

I'm responding because I'm shocked you dont see whats happening here. And I'm bored at home waiting for my kickball game. And my ignorance is clearly shared with 7 other people. You were put at L-2 way before I started to multi quote.

And stop with this I'm out to get you attitude, its got nothing to do with that. I found all 3 of you to be scummy for questioning my totally sarcastic post, especially CTM who knows me well and is smarter than that. And I'm really intrigued by Runnin and what he was PM'd because I was just going with what SMC said incorporating some of my own words.

Again, everything that is happening is in reaction to something that was meant to be a joke. Its really odd. And you are the center of it.

JIF you are doing a good job leveraging your ignorance to the fact that I have answered all these prop questions you keep asking me. You ask them, I answer them, you ask them again to make it look like I am dodging them... round-and-round we go... and then people say I'm over-defending because you turned me into a broken record.

Well done.

Fortunately for you, these people are stupid.

You pulled this stunt at the perfect time.... really ensured that Lily would slip through.

You couldn't lynch me last game, but you might get it done this game.

You "aren't leading"... but you took the time to respond to all those multi-quotes? You are talking about of both sides of your mouth. Well done lacing that last response with plenty of disclaimers about "not being 100% sure" and what not.

You're failing with this defense on two levels.

First, don't tell me I'm stupid because I'm voting for you. That's not going to work.

Second, you continue to try to paint JiF as scummy - going so far as to suggest that he's invented some sort of ruse here to get the attention away from his teammate, Lily. This is also not going to work, and really much more of the reason that I'm voting you than any alleged attempt to get us talking setup. JiF's setup post was pure wise-ass. Doesn't make him innocent, but trying to spin that post into anything other than JiF just busting your balls isn't gonna take off. More often than not, D1 battles are between townies.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

WWWWombat (1) -- Pac

Pac (4) -- AVM, Sharrow, I28, JiF

AVM (1) -- JVOR

Lily (1) -- Vicious

I28 (3) -- Slats, CTM, Barm

CTM (1) -- BG

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (1) -- Smashmouth

Smashmouth (1) -- Runin

Runin (1) -- DPR

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

JVOR (2) -- Pac, WWWWombat

Pac (1) -- DanX

Lily (3) -- Vicious, Nae, I28

CTM (1) -- AVM

Barm (2) -- Hess, Lily

JiF (1) -- Smashmouth

Runin (1) -- DPR

I28 (2) -- CTM, JVOR

Verbal (4) -- BG, Slats, JiF, Barm

Nae (1) -- Runin

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac

CTM (1) -- AVM

Barm (2) -- Hess, Lily

JiF (2) -- Smashmouth, Runin

Runin (1) -- DPR

I28 (3) -- CTM, JVOR, JiF

Verbal (3) -- BG, Slats, Barm

Nae (2) -- DanX, WWWWombat

Why is JiF always 3rd or 4th on the bandwagon?

unvote

vote: JiF

What kind of dip**** comment is this? He asked me what I thought of JIF, I told him.

JIF has certainly influenced votes... read the ****ing thread. People have voted me after stating they agree with JIFs garbage case.

This is absurd.

Listen 28 (took the 1 off cause your a freakin dollar short).... You accused me of following JIF in one of your ill advised retard posts.

Im not following JIF !! I gave my own explanation as to why I voted you as I felt you were being overly defensive early which probably means (if your comprehension is where it should be) that I did not put much clout into what JIF actully had to say.

JIF made a point and weather it was valid or not you dug your own grave, so my post is far from absurd. Maybe you should have explained yourself better rather than insulting your voters which is going to get you nowhere playing mafia.

No case early on in these games is good, BUT reactions are Priceless.

Listen 28 (took the 1 off cause your a freakin dollar short).... You accused me of following JIF in one of your ill advised retard posts.

Im not following JIF !! I gave my own explanation as to why I voted you as I felt you were being overly defensive early which probably means (if your comprehension is where it should be) that I did not put much clout into what JIF actully had to say.

JIF made a point and weather it was valid or not you dug your own grave, so my post is far from absurd. Maybe you should have explained yourself better rather than insulting your voters which is going to get you nowhere playing mafia.

No case early on in these games is good, BUT reactions are Priceless.

There was no "1."

My explanations came earlier in the thread. Every time I try to move on, one of you t!ts keeps asking me for explanations, so I keep repeating myself. Then other t!ts say, "duh, I think I28 is over-defensive because he keeps repeating himself."

Alright, this is metagaming something awful, but I'll vote I28 based on the following:

1. You are a lot more passionate on D1 than is normal.

2. You are defending yourself with kind of the same "do or die" attitude from the last game.

3. You have brought a lot of attention onto yourself - attention that you claim other people have brought on you, but they really didn't. It's like you are in lynch quicksand.

That's L1 if I didn't miss an unvote.

ok Bonzo I'm going to re-read from page 9 till now... If I see what the others see I'm coming back to hammer your ass.

This would be the dumbest move of the game.

You of all people should see through this bull****. You know better.

Alright, this is metagaming something awful, but I'll vote I28 based on the following:

1. You are a lot more passionate on D1 than is normal.

2. You are defending yourself with kind of the same "do or die" attitude from the last game.

3. You have brought a lot of attention onto yourself - attention that you claim other people have brought on you, but they really didn't. It's like you are in lynch quicksand.

That's L1 if I didn't miss an unvote.

I am always passionate, with a side of smartass. I was one of the ones that made sure you died in the Star Wars game on D1... because I was passionate about it.

My defense has sucked, because I am still unsure of what exactly I have to defend. Which is why I seem pissed, because I am.

I always bring a lot of attention to myself. The sky is also blue.

I am always passionate, with a side of smartass. I was one of the ones that made sure you died in the Star Wars game on D1... because I was passionate about it.

My defense has sucked, because I am still unsure of what exactly I have to defend. Which is why I seem pissed, because I am.

Well, re-stating what everybody already knows isn't helping you.

Why go overboard in defending yourself when you already know what it will get you?

I think if you have a halfway decent case to make on Lily, JiF, or anyone else, that you should present that rather than continue down your current path. If you don't like my vote on you, give me a better place to put it.

Also, if you have a role to reveal, it's getting awfully close to time to reveal it.

Well, re-stating what everybody already knows isn't helping you.

Why go overboard in defending yourself when you already know what it will get you?

What's done is done.

I wish you guys would stop asking me questions and either finish screwing the pooch on this, or lynch Lily for being flagrantly full of **** all game.

BTW.... Hi CTM, you enjoying this? I can't wait to read the scum QT you dooshers.

Is Adel playing in this game? If not I'm screwed. Before you all lynch I28 did anyone bother to ask him if he was scum first? If he is I say we lynch the bastard.

Wait what?

Monkeyman? Are you scum? :P

I think if you have a halfway decent case to make on Lily, JiF, or anyone else, that you should present that rather than continue down your current path. If you don't like my vote on you, give me a better place to put it.

I believe Lily has been the most compelling lynch candidate. I stated reasons earlier in the game.

From the begging for sympathy over this contrived spat with Nannootz, to the opportunistic voting preceded by sentiments of disdain about cases. To saying she is leaving and voting me, then redefining leaving when I called her out for continuing to post after she voted cause she was leaving. The way I see it... She knows she had heat early and is diligently monitoring this train on me as it took the heat off of her. Just like last game, she's playing the emo card to coast to the next day... and you saps are all gobbling it up.

Also, if you have a role to reveal, it's getting awfully close to time to reveal it.

I am a member of the town you will regret getting rid of. I am not compelled to tell any more than that at this point. Frankly, if the townies let a sketchy day one train like this go all the way to lynch without so much as a competing train... then we don't deserve to win.

I believe Lily has been the most compelling lynch candidate. I stated reasons earlier in the game.

From the begging for sympathy over this contrived spat with Nannootz, to the opportunistic voting preceded by sentiments of disdain about cases. To saying she is leaving and voting me, then redefining leaving when I called her out for continuing to post after she voted cause she was leaving. The way I see it... She knows she had heat early and is diligently monitoring this train on me as it took the heat off of her. Just like last game, she's playing the emo card to coast to the next day... and you saps are all gobbling it up.

I am a member of the town you will regret getting rid of. I am not compelled to tell any more than that at this point. Frankly, if the townies let a sketchy day one train like this go all the way to lynch without so much as a competing train... then we don't deserve to win.

Ive agreed with you on lily, but you're basically saying **** you to the town because you're bitter?

Ive agreed with you on lily, but you're basically saying **** you to the town because you're bitter?

I'm not bitter. Just frustrated. I am tired of being asked to repeat my actual defense, then getting accused of repeating my defense and being "over defensive."

What can I say at this point?

Archived