Mike Francesa calls the Jets organization "common trash" on the air

Matt39

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact: The Jets have shut down any and all involvement with Francesa's show for about a year and a half now.

Fact: Francesa is pissed about it.

Fact: Francesa is not objective when it comes to his opinions about the Jets. His credibility pertaining to anything Jets is now gone because it's clearly a "personal" issue between he and the organization.

Suggestion: Don't listen to him. He's an arrogant douche Giant fan anyway.

Fact: The Jets have shut down any and all involvement with Francesa's show for about a year and a half now.

Fact: Francesa is not objective when it comes to his opinions about the Jets. His credibility pertaining to anything Jets is now gone because it's clearly a "personal" issue between he and the organization.

yawn!!!nothing new here

He's still on the air? This guy is just becoming more and more irrelevant as time goes on. Russo leaving was the worst thing to happen to him because he's more of an a$$ alone than he was with Mad Dog keeping him in check.

Funny 'cos I think he's become less of an a$$ since Russo left.

Yeah, the Jets were smart and dropped this guy. Now if all these Jets fans listening to him would do the smart thing too...

All you pro bend over for MEvi$ guys, this clown is right on board with you! :blink:

The ESPN Radio airwaves in Chicago are, to a man, raving about Hard Knocks last night. And that includes ex-NFL'ers Tom Wadell and John Jurkovic. All citing an obvious disclaimer to the blue language but downplaying it to irrelevance. All calling it the best Hard Knocks to date - times 10.

Francesa redefines the word mope and should get reassigned to do a womens household tips focused show.

The ESPN Radio airwaves in Chicago are, to a man, raving about Hard Knocks last night. And that includes ex-NFL'ers Tom Wadell and John Jurkovic. All citing an obvious disclaimer to the blue language but downplaying it to irrelevance. All calling it the best Hard Knocks to date - times 10.

Francesa redefines the word mope and should get reassigned to do a womens household tips focused show.

LMAO

Hey, I'm a Yankee fan. Lots of us here are.

Yep, there are a lot of Yankee-Jet fans out there. AL/AFC. It goes together.

Anyway, it still surprises me the stance Francesca has taken. It is catagorically NOT good for ratings. What worked for Mike & Mad Dog was that Mike was a Yankee fan and Mad Dog hated the Yanks. Now it's just Mike hating the Jets with no counterbalance.

Further, if the Jets make it to the SB it's a disaster for his show. Due to his ridiculous hatred of the team he will be frozen out and miss out on all the stories, interviews, etc.

Alienating an entire fanbase does not boost ratings.

Yep, there are a lot of Yankee-Jet fans out there. AL/AFC. It goes together.

Anyway, it still surprises me the stance Francesca has taken. It is catagorically NOT good for ratings. What worked for Mike & Mad Dog was that Mike was a Yankee fan and Mad Dog hated the Yanks. Now it's just Mike hating the Jets with no counterbalance.

Further, if the Jets make it to the SB it's a disaster for his show. Due to his ridiculous hatred of the team he will be frozen out and miss out on all the stories, interviews, etc.

Alienating an entire fanbase does not boost ratings.

If the Jets success ultimately kills Fatcessa's career it would be beautiful.

But you all still tune in and listen.

Guy can say whatever he wants until he's no longer the #1 rated sports talk show in NY...

WFAN's signal has more to do with it than anything.

The station can be heard in some parts of N. Carolina all the way up to upstate NY. And then there's CT and Mass. Just crazy signal strength.

I guess I'm in the minority because I like the guy. Do I like what he says about the Jets...hell no. But, then again there are things that guys on Jet Nation post that I don't particular care for either and they probably feel the same way about me including this post.

Just take him with a grain of salt because I think a lot of what he says is shtick (not all) to drive up ratings.

I guess I'm in the minority because I like the guy. Do I like what he says about the Jets...hell no. But, then again there are things that guys on Jet Nation post that I don't particular care for either and they probably feel the same way about me including this post.

Just take him with a grain of salt because I think a lot of what he says is shtick (not all) to drive up ratings.

I listen nearly everyday.

It is either a hilarious train wreck or Mike puts forth a good show, which happens about once every month. Either way, it is entertaining.

And, sadly, I agree with him on Revis.

The guy is an a$$hole.

He's trashed every meaningful relationship he's ever had.

His professional mentors (i.e. Jimmy the Greek, Al McGuire, etc...) no longer spoke to him, even before their deaths.

His former radio partner can't stand him.

Most of the guys at the FAN think he's an arrogant jerk and only suck up to him because it would be suicide if they didn't.

Even Parcells hates his guts now and no longer speaks to him.

Yes, he can be entertaining at times, but his credibility as a sports radio personality is shot because he has proven that his opinions are formed on the basis of his personal feelings about the parties he's providing an opinion on, not any educated objectivity.

When he and Parcells were close, he never said anything negative about him.

Now that they don't talk, he has no problem trashing him when the time calls for it.

He's a douche.

Francessa feels threatened. He's built his career around rooting for the Yankees and Giants and knows that Benigno has built his career around a man of the people image and rooting for the Jets and Mets. If the Jets win da supa bo it pushes Benigno's career up and Francessa's down. And there is also Boomer Esiason at the FAN, he played for the Jets and is from Long Island, Jet fan central. So the more the Jets win the worse it is for Francessa's career.

Francessa feels threatened. He's built his career around rooting for the Yankees and Giants and knows that Benigno has built his career around a man of the people image and rooting for the Jets and Mets. If the Jets win da supa bo it pushes Benigno's career up and Francessa's down. And there is also Boomer Esiason at the FAN, he played for the Jets and is from Long Island, Jet fan central. So the more the Jets win the worse it is for Francessa's career.

The Jets also refuse to go on his station, choosing his competitor over at 1050 instead.

But you all still tune in and listen.

Guy can say whatever he wants until he's no longer the #1 rated sports talk show in NY...

There ya go. Everytime someone tells you what a douche or an ******* Francesa is, realize that this is part of Francesa's master plan: he's not trying to speak logically to or appease anyone--he's trying to incite you. And, given his twenty-plus year dominance and giant bank account, he does it better than anyone ever has. Let's face it, if there was a radio program that dealt in nothing but facts and common sense, you would never listen to it. It'd be boring. Which also explains why I get so many chicks.

It's tired, man.

Get a new shtick.

A total lack of creativity has doomed your stance.

No need to when you post facts, besides there are enough spin doctors here.

One guy re-writing the new CBA before it's written is enough.

Archived