Revis Signed!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, 99.7 percent of the board gonna donate those personalized MEvi$ jerseys to some hurricane-ravaged land?

I have a white Hanes T-Shirt that my wife stenciled Revis and his number on the back. I took a dump on it last week. I'm so cheap I'm trying out a stain stick before asking my wife to make me another one.

Its all about the laundry!

I'd almost guarantee that this whole debacle was caused by Woody trying to avoid signing a check right now as opposed to stretching it out over the length of the contract. All that sh*t about $16 mil per and trying to weasel around guarantees was just a front for Woody to avoid having to pay any cold hard cash up front. That Woody would choose to do so in a year where the Jets are legit contenders, imo, makes him both cheap and misguided.

We had him under contract for 3 years at 21 million and now cheap Woody has given him 4 for 46 with an additional 12 million guaranteed. Yup Woody is one cheap bastard.

I think this contract is in between what the Revis supporters wanted and said was deserved and what the anti Revis crowd wanted and said he deserved. I honestly believe everyone was wrong. Every one of us.

Lots of us said he should get an amount roughly equal to guys like Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware. Revis wanted 35-40% more than them.

He got 4 at 46. 32 guaranteed. I am interested in how they spread out the guaranteed money. It would be nice if it becomes guaranteed as he reports to camp each year barring a career ending injury where it becomes all guaranteed at that point. I don't know what they could do in terms of the current and future cba...

that would be very nice indeed ! I think this is a nice compromise as well, and more or less the same technique tanny used to sign 4 1st round picks in 2000, less salary / cap hit for more guaranteed

I also wonder how much the bonuses are and what type.

I think we're all missing the main point...

Max doesn't have to change the banner and if he doesn't have to change the banner, there's less of a chance of him ******* up the site :P

Surely the thought of being taken off the banner was what got him in the negotiating room. I'm surprised Rex even had to travel.

I don't mind that he had a "me first" approach to the whole thing, he has to, he is right to act as such... what I do mind is the fake injury, the fact that he was still under contract for 3 years, the BS about "can't feed my family", when there are people out there who REALLY can't feed their families

I've been pulling all along for him to get a new deal, but a fair one. I've been in the corner that said I thought he was being unreasonable because of many of the reports. In my opinion, Revis caved on total compensation and the Jets caved on total guaranteed.

All that said, I don't think he ever went so far as to say, can't feed my family. I'm pretty sure some angry people here made that up.

I've been pulling all along for him to get a new deal, but a fair one. I've been in the corner that said I thought he was being unreasonable because of many of the reports. In my opinion, Revis caved on total compensation and the Jets caved on total guaranteed.

All that said, I don't think he ever went so far as to say, can't feed my family. I'm pretty sure some angry people here made that up.

rather cave on total comp-ensation which rarely materializes and win on guaranteed coin which is real and in present.

32 M guaranteed is basically a 1.6 M year annuity for rest of his life without ever touching the 32 M in bank.

happy labor day Jets fans

the super bowl run is not canceled!

I thought the Jets had to give Revis whatever he wanted, that any non-signing bonus guarantees were bulls**t, and that the Jets wouldn't retain him otherwise because they don't know how to deal with a superstar.

Also that the Jets showed you nothing because they didn't immediately sign Revis, which you also said regarding Mangold, which you also said regarding Ferguson...

I expect you to use the following sig for the rest of the season:

"I have been wrong about everything again."

lol

Seriously, though. I'm just glad this is over and Revis is here without paying him anywhere close to $16.2M per year.

Go Jets!

rather cave on total comp-ensation which rarely materializes and win on guaranteed coin which is real and in present.

32 M guaranteed is basically a 1.6 M year annuity for rest of his life without ever touching the 32 M in bank.

I think it's a great deal for both teams.

We get Revis for 4 years at a reasonable rate, he gets enough money to set up his grandchildren for life, and we can probably franchise him for a year (if he'll play) and then decide what to do with him when he's 30.

Sounds good to me.

thank God almighty. revis must've seen my threads yesterday and realized he was letting me down. ;)

I'm sure that that was part of it but not the complete story.

Let's retrace the events:

Revis holds out.

The Front office negotiates, nothing happens.

Mayhem ensues on JN.

most of the board cries foul.

then Max threatens the banner.

now it's down and dirty.

Top it all off with DLJ and friggan gay unicorn, and voila...

Revis signs.

I put my money on the gay unicorn being the reason.

I'm sure that that was part of it but not the complete story.

Let's retrace the events:

Revis holds out.

The Front office negotiates, nothing happens.

Mayhem ensues on JN.

most of the board cries foul.

then Max threatens the banner.

now it's down and dirty.

Top it all off with DLJ and friggan gay unicorn, and voila...

Revis signs.

I put my money on the gay unicorn being the reason.

I see this being the future guidelines for teams to follow when dealing with holdouts.

Leave it to JN. And people say this site is nothing buy gay, fat, and fart jokes.

He got 4 at 46. 32 guaranteed. I am interested in how they spread out the guaranteed money. It would be nice if it becomes guaranteed as he reports to camp each year barring a career ending injury where it becomes all guaranteed at that point. I don't know what they could do in terms of the current and future cba...

Since Revis has held out twice now, you can bet there is some type of launguage in the contract that addresses that. At least I hope there is.

If not, this is just going to happen again. I got to believe there is something in there like this, and if so the Jets did a hell of a job, not caving!

I thought the Jets had to give Revis whatever he wanted, that any non-signing bonus guarantees were bulls**t, and that the Jets wouldn't retain him otherwise because they don't know how to deal with a superstar.

Also that the Jets showed you nothing because they didn't immediately sign Revis, which you also said regarding Mangold, which you also said regarding Ferguson...

I expect you to use the following sig for the rest of the season:

"I have been wrong about everything again."

lol

I was right they'd cut Trich but not Woodhead... I was right about Gholston not sucking... im liking my track record lately...

by the way I never said he needed 16.2 all i maintained was it would take a pile of money... up front or guarunteed to get this done. 32 over 4 is a pretty good deal for both sides. screw this 10 year nonsense! band aid all the way.

I was right they'd cut Trich but not Woodhead... I was right about Gholston not sucking... im liking my track record lately...

by the way I never said he needed 16.2 all i maintained was it would take a pile of money... up front or guarunteed to get this done. 32 over 4 is a pretty good deal for both sides. screw this 10 year nonsense! band aid all the way.

You also said no SB without Revis...we're coming for you if we don't make it. :snip:

Between taxes and the current interest rates being paid, taxes on interest, management and agent fees, Revis should be broke by the time he's 40.

I am a douche at times. But atleast I can always admit what I am and what Im not. You're a hater and a fronter. You say it was the "situation" and not the person yet you call Revis "Mevi$".

Whatever Hater.

Flacco is going to torch Relle in an epic MNF disaster for the SOJ.

Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Jets and CB Darrelle Revis reach agreement in principle. Revis will fly to NY, sign contract and be on field next Monday

TheJetsStream BREAKING: #Jets have agreed to terms with Revis.

Wrong, SoFla - some goober named Incarceratedbob broke this story...better get it right or he'll go ballistic and threaten you like he did to Menish. LOL! Incarceratedbob! LOL!

Archived