Will Ray Lewis be Terminated?

Mattyandthejets

The Terminator vs. Ray Lewis  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ray Lewis be terminated on Monday night?

• Yes, Conner will surprise him with a nasty hit
    • No, it's Ray Lewis
    • Other

So with the game coming up on Monday, I wondered if Ryan would send Conner at Ray Lewis in a trial by fire inauguration into the NFL. And I got to thinking, If Conner was sent to block Ray Lewis who would come out on top now that Ray is old?

For all intents of purposes, lets just say being "Terminated" means that Conner delivers one huge hit.

On Sports Science, they did an experiment on how to breach a solid, locked door. A SWAT Team member used an iron ram to blow the lock and the door flew open. pretty impressive. Then Ray Lewis ran head-first into the center of the same door--and took it off its hinges completely. Ray Lewis is Ray Lewis. The Rook will be lucky to give more than he gets.

IMO Schotty should come out and run a couple of play specifically designed to give the Terminator a shot a Lewis. Set the tone.

I think he’ll do just that early in the game, for as you say to “set the tone.” I have no delusions that Connor will manhandle Lewis, but he will get a few blasts in which might take Lewis off his game.

At Lewis age he really isn’t looking forward to getting in a no holds barred brawl with a young Terminator

I think he’ll do just that early in the game, for as you say to “set the tone.” I have no delusions that Connor will manhandle Lewis, but he will get a few blasts in which might take Lewis off his game.

At Lewis age he really isn’t looking forward to getting in a no holds barred brawl with a young Terminator

Either way, sending Conner at Lewis makes a ton of sense. The kid has the young legs and packs a wallup. If he loses the battle, it's because it's ray lewis. If he wins the battle HE JUST BEAT RAY LEWIS IN A HITTING BATTLE!!!

Ground and pound baby. Keep their Offense off of the field and our D fresh!

On Sports Science, they did an experiment on how to breach a solid, locked door. A SWAT Team member used an iron ram to blow the lock and the door flew open. pretty impressive. Then Ray Lewis ran head-first into the center of the same door--and took it off its hinges completely. Ray Lewis is Ray Lewis. The Rook will be lucky to give more than he gets.

Not that I could knock a door off it's hinges, but the battering ram is designed for a concentrated strike, right next to the lock w/ the goal of blowing it out... Rey Lewis hit the door dead center, with a running start, much closer to the hinges, so the force was not concentrated on one of the connection points. There's an issue of forces and efficiency, and if given the choice, I'd be hit by Ray Lewis as opposed to the battering ram.

For sure, I'm not saying he'll manhandle him but taking a couple of cracks at him early might soften him up a bit. Who knows? Ray Ray is nuts, but thats what I'd do.

I think "The Terminator" is a little overrated by Rex and Hard Knocks...just sayin'

Ray Lewis doesnt bother me, Haloti Ngata on the other hand...I fear.

This is the 2nd comment you've made about a player being overrated/hyped when they havent even taken the field as a NY Jet. Think maybe you might give them a chance to disappoint before it actually happens?

And the only good thing about facing Ngata is that we have Nick Mangold.

Not that I could knock a door off it's hinges, but the battering ram is designed for a concentrated strike, right next to the lock w/ the goal of blowing it out... Rey Lewis hit the door dead center, with a running start, much closer to the hinges, so the force was not concentrated on one of the connection points. There's an issue of forces and efficiency, and if given the choice, I'd be hit by Ray Lewis as opposed to the battering ram.

CTM... This better be the last time you post one of your egg headed physics and math post under Mr Yellin's screename or I will be forced to steal your desert.

For a month.

i dont think it will come up

trich plays 1st team O

conner plays specials right now maybe a snap or 2 on O. goalline?

no question Conner _could_ blow up ray lewis but i dont know if they trust him with the O enough

I have a feeling you are going to be surprised here. I think they are gong to split’s the reps 50-50. As the season progresses I suspect Connor will take over as the starter. Depending how he plays of course.

T-Rich is here because he is a veteran with leadership, and to mentor Connor. Don’t forget Tannenbaum was talking about releasing him. Rex didn’t want that. In the end he was released. Not for long, but T-Rich is the starter in name only if Connor brings his camp to the regular season

did you see the actual hit? It not only sprung the hinges and lock, but tore apart the frame, which had been held together by 12 three inch screws. The door itself was also cracked down the middle. Ray Lewis hits like a truck. A truck full of battering rams.

did you see the actual hit? It not only sprung the hinges and lock, but tore apart the frame, which had been held together by 12 three inch screws. The door itself was also cracked down the middle. Ray Lewis hits like a truck. A truck full of battering rams.

Yeah, I watched the video.

I also think that every NFL player could do the same thing.

i dont think it will come up

trich plays 1st team O

conner plays specials right now maybe a snap or 2 on O. goalline?

no question Conner _could_ blow up ray lewis but i dont know if they trust him with the O enough

What's to stop them from bringing in both fullbacks on a running play??

Add me to the list of people who think Conner is a little overrated. He blocks people hard but thats a fullback's job. People aren't spazzing out about how strong Ducasse is because they know OLinemen are supposed to be strong, its par for the course. It should be the same for Conner. And seriously the hits he put on people in Hard Knocks weren't any big deal. And so far I haven't seen Conner do anything to show that he is a special fullback but he's already being treated like one. And it all comes down to Rex hyping him up because that was his draft pick. If Rex told Jet fans to punch themselves in the nuts half of you would do it.

if it was a wood frame door then this isn't that impessive really. i used to ram doors open when i was a teenager...and i wasn't a big teenager either. now if it was a door in a commercial building with metal frames.....thats a different story.

Archived