Some of you "Jets fans" need to find another bandwagon

gangreenman

So im reading the board and looking at all these so called "Jets fans" posting things like "Rex is losing this team" "Rex needs to go" "Sanchez is not the answer" "Fire Schotty Now!". And I think, these people can't really call themselves Jets fans, can they????

We lost TWO IN A ROW!!! .I dont claim to be the world's best or most loyal or most tenured Jets fan, but I've stuck with this team through god knows how many losing seasons and heart break losses (Steelers 04, Raiders 01, Broncos 98 are three that are most clear in my head). I was a fan through the Parcells failed band-aid experiment, sandwiched between the Kotite and Groh- Edwards travesties. I thought we found the answer in Mangini, after he inherited a beat up old team left by Edwards and took them into the playoffs. However, as the team began to acquire new, young, and good talent, he was proven to be too rigid and stubborn to keep them all together... The Pete Kendall and Brett Favre debacles being the two most prudent examples. And now they hire Rex Ryan, one of the best defensive minds in the league who every good player in the league wants to play for. He takes us to the AFCCG and within 30 minutes of the SB with a rookie QB, no real passing game to speak of. The next season we start 9-2 and are considered to be one of the best in the league.

Then, we drop two in a row. Down to 9-4, and you people act as if the freakin sky is falling and call for Rex's head on the moronic speculation that Rex has "lost his team". Some were even calling for him to be fired!! Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!?!? Its as if none of you remember what it was like when our coaches and players ACTUALLY sucked. Its as if none of you remember the 1-15 season, the multiple 4-12 seasons, the entirety of failed coaches we brought it, one after the next...In fact, Id say these loudmouth bandwagoners piss me off a lot more than other teams trolls. At least the trolls dont claim and pretend to be real Jets fans. Disgraceful and embarrassing, even more so than the Jets recent performance the past two weeks.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9-4 would be teh awesome if Rex wasnt calling them the greatest teh team evah. there in lies the problem. the team bought that sh*t, the fans bought that sh*t ( most of them..lol) and most importantly Rex bought that sh*t. THATS WHY IT FEELS LIKE THE SKY IS FALLING NOW!

So im reading the board and looking at all these so called "Jets fans" posting things like "Rex is losing this team" "Rex needs to go" "Sanchez is not the answer" "Fire Schotty Now!". And I think, these people can't really call themselves Jets fans, can they????

We lost TWO IN A ROW!!! .I dont claim to be the world's best or most loyal or most tenured Jets fan, but I've stuck with this team through god knows how many losing seasons and heart break losses (Steelers 04, Raiders 01, Broncos 98 are three that are most clear in my head). I was a fan through the Parcells failed band-aid experiment, sandwiched between the Kotite and Groh- Edwards travesties. I thought we found the answer in Mangini, after he inherited a beat up old team left by Edwards and took them into the playoffs. However, as the team began to acquire new, young, and good talent, he was proven to be too rigid and stubborn to keep them all together... The Pete Kendall and Brett Favre debacles being the two most prudent examples. And now they hire Rex Ryan, one of the best defensive minds in the league who every good player in the league wants to play for. He takes us to the AFCCG and within 30 minutes of the SB with a rookie QB, no real passing game to speak of. The next season we start 9-2 and are considered to be one of the best in the league.

Then, we drop two in a row. Down to 9-4, and you people act as if the freakin sky is falling and call for Rex's head on the moronic speculation that Rex has "lost his team". Some were even calling for him to be fired!! Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!?!? Its as if none of you remember what it was like when our coaches and players ACTUALLY sucked. Its as if none of you remember the 1-15 season, the multiple 4-12 seasons, the entirety of failed coaches we brought it, one after the next...In fact, Id say these loudmouth bandwagoners piss me off a lot more than other teams trolls. At least the trolls dont claim and pretend to be real Jets fans. Disgraceful and embarrassing, even more so than the Jets recent performance the past two weeks.

I'll agree with you about people calling for Rex and Sanchez's heads,

BUT

I will never, ever be happy with the Jets when they fail to do what they are supposed to do.

The Jets are better than Miami, and they are better than the team that was on the field with New England.

Simply because our beloved franchise is mired in the depths of ineptitude does not require my acceptance of that stench.

I refuse to accept mediocrity. I refuse to accept better than bad. Therefore, I become extremely disenfranchised when my favorite sports team becomes so darn complacent and screws the pooch.

If wanting the best for the Jets, and becoming extremely pissed when they don't have enough desire to go after it, labels me an embarrassment as a Jets fan then so be it.

I will not apologize for expecting a professional sports team to act like professionals.

Umm... Fire Schotty?

Schotty is not going to be fired because of 2 losses. No semi-rational front office/ownership will ever do something that knee-jerk. THAT is a textbook recipe for how to lose a locker room and team.

I understand the notion that he has underachieved as an offensive coordinator... And fans of about 29 (at least) other teams feel the same way about their OC's. He (Schotty) is still better than Paul Hackett and Mike Heimadinger (sp?), our 2 previous OC's. Whether or not he deserves to keep his job after this season is a different question... But never did I think Id see a day where Jets fans acted this spoiled and reactionary. Especially when we haven't won a SB yet.

I'll agree with you about people calling for Rex and Sanchez's heads,

BUT

I will never, ever be happy with the Jets when they fail to do what they are supposed to do.

The Jets are better than Miami, and they are better than the team that was on the field with New England.

Simply because our beloved franchise is mired in the depths of ineptitude does not require my acceptance of that stench.

I refuse to accept mediocrity. I refuse to accept better than bad. Therefore, I become extremely disenfranchised when my favorite sports team becomes so darn complacent and screws the pooch.

If wanting the best for the Jets, and becoming extremely pissed when they don't have enough desire to go after it, labels me an embarrassment as a Jets fan then so be it.

I will not apologize for expecting a professional sports team to act like professionals.

I understand that completely and I too am upset with the way the Jets have let down the last two weeks. Nobody would've loved to see us sweep NE for the 1st time in a long time more than me...

But the fact is we're still 9-4, and we still did make the AFCCG last season and still are far from done this season. There is no reason for heads to roll. Its called a 2 game slump. Even good teams lose games sometimes.

I understand that completely and I too am upset with the way the Jets have let down the last two weeks. Nobody would've loved to see us sweep NE for the 1st time in a long time more than me...

But the fact is we're still 9-4, and we still did make the AFCCG last season and still are far from done this season. There is no reason for heads to roll. Its called a 2 game slump. Even good teams lose games sometimes.

What bothers me so much is not the fact that we lost two games, as much as it is the way in which we lost them. This team scares me. They seam like, well the SOJ. I started a thread on Sunday about how I "Saw it coming" I did. Simply because we have been down this road before. These Jets have 1 Sunday to make or break a season. That is this Sunday. If they stink it up, we're 1 and done at best. If they miraculously beat a good Steelers team, then there is hope renewed. These Jets are like a bad case of herpes. You know the talents there, you're just waiting for the flare ups.

The Jets have Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jerricho Cotchery, Dustin Keller and Ladanian Tomilinson. With those offensive weapons they've been held under 10 points THREE TIMES AT HOME with Pitt and Chi on the horizon. I can't blame Jet fans one bit for being pissed off. I love em, but my expectations have plummeted. I'll keep watching though. In fact, I'm going to have to drive three hours this Sunday to see the game. ON TELEVISION no less. Some peolpe won't drive that far to see them at the stadium for chrissakes.

162673_185214998160500_119974021351265_770240_6955332_n.jpg?download

162673_185214998160500_119974021351265_770240_6955332_n.jpg?download

Oh how that picture warms my heart.

...I don't know why you guys are so shocked. Have you not been watching the Jets this year? The Cleveland, Detroit, Denver and Houston games all could've just as easily gone the other way. Some times the ball bounces your way and this year it is for the Jets. Should be happy you're not 6-7.

...I don't know why you guys are so shocked. Have you not been watching the Jets this year? The Cleveland, Detroit, Denver and Houston games all could've just as easily gone the other way. Some times the ball bounces your way and this year it is for the Jets. Should be happy you're not 6-7.

Hey, it's a good thing we have people here like you to tell everybody the obvious. do you have any other insights on the Jets?

No kidding. Been tuff the last couple weeks keeping our fin up.

Hey, it's a good thing we have people here like you to tell everybody the obvious. do you have any other insights on the Jets?

Too bad you don't act like it. The way this board talks you'd think this team is playing like the Patriots. Trade schedules with us or the Pats and you'd be sub .500.

Too bad you don't act like it. The way this board talks you'd think this team is playing like the Patriots. Trade schedules with us or the Pats and you'd be sub .500.

Dude, seriously.. STFU. you show up one day before the game..lol..and now you're beating your ******* chest? commiseration between Jets fans is ok with me. but know your roll and shut your ******* mouth.

Dude, seriously.. STFU. you show up one day before the game..lol..and now you're beating your ******* chest? commiseration between Jets fans is ok with me. but know your roll and shut your ******* mouth.

My roll or role? I'm not baking, ATM.

And I'm not beating my chest, just talking some Jets football.

47 years and counting they won the Super Bowl when I was 6 I remember it like yesterday. I still have the #12 Namath jersey. No one tells me how and when to be critical of my team,players,coaches the organization. Bandwagon? What bandwagon WE suffer through shame and misery year after year we may complain alot. But you tell us to find another bandwagon. Screw you I have earned the right to gripe every now and then. DAMMIT

My roll or role? I'm not baking, ATM.

And I'm not beating my chest, just talking some Jets football.

Hey, why dont you go play in a spelling bee. I'm sure you will be very good at it.

You have not earned the right to boast this year tbh. does that sound a little more clear? in other words you have been MIA while your team has sucked. which shows me you have balls like raisins.

Hey, why dont you go play in a spelling bee. I'm sure you will be very good at it.

You have not earned the right to boast this year tbh. does that sound a little more clear? in other words you have been MIA while your team has sucked. which shows me you have balls like raisins.

But I haven't been here when they were winning either... So... ANd I was here on Friday before the Dolphins beat the Jets speaking badly of the Dolphins. You're wrong.

Archived