My AFC Championship Dilemma

The Gun Of Bavaria

So here's the deal:

My daughter lives with me full-time and sees her mom on alternating weekends. This is one of those weekends and I pick her up from her mom at 7 PM tomorrow. It's an hour away, so I have to leave the house at 6 and probably won't be home until at lease 8:15.

Do I ?:

A) Listen to the game on my Sirius & watch the remainder when I get home.

or

B) DVR the game & post-game, turn off my cell phone, & watch the game from the start off the DVR, which after I get the kids to bed, will be 9 pm.

Damn that sucks! I thought I had it bad, since my wife is going out to see a play tomorrow with a friend that she couldn't get out of. That has me watching my two year old son, who needs lots of attention, while I'll just want to fixate on the game. I'll just have to get him involved, which is much easier to do when the Jets are winning and I'm excited.

If I were you, I would listen on the radio and then watch the remainder when you get home. I am not the type of person who can DVR and then watch it later, since I know that whatever I'm watching already took place. I would much rather know what is going on live.

Id call her around 6 and tell her your car battery is dead. Or that you have a flat tire. It must be the cold weather. Tell her shes gonna have to drive your daughter home and offer money for gas. Lie through your teeth dont miss the game, if you have to let the air out of a tire and refill in the morning.

No way the ex can drop her off?

I mean, I know, my ex wouldn't slit my throat if she thought that would be somehow convenient for me.

Otherwise, I'm a big DVR guy. I'd probably start watching and fast-forwarding thru the commercials as soon as I walked back in the door, though.

DVR has the capabilities of stopping time. You can go back and fourth with the power of a button. Most cars have CD players that play recorded music from as far back as 80 years ago. Cell phones can be turned off by pushing power, it's usually red in color. My recommendation is time travel circa 1970, Led Zeppelin III on loop with the cell phone off. Again this can be done by pushing and holding the red button. Green turns it back on once the game is over. We'll all have you in our hearts and minds as we watch the game realtime. Drive safe!

Smart Phone, Slingbox, Slingbox app, Car Dock.

OR, you might be able to catch up on the whole game on DVR before it ends. Think about how many actual real minutes of football are played. Just gotta have quick fingers.

EDIT: and sorry for the dillmma man, thats a tough situation. Guess swinging through early is out of the question huh?

Id call her around 6 and tell her your car battery is dead. Or that you have a flat tire. It must be the cold weather. Tell her shes gonna have to drive your daughter home and offer money for gas. Lie through your teeth dont miss the game, if you have to let the air out of a tire and refill in the morning.

I've never been married/divorced/father, but something tells me the excuses used because you missed a final exam in english 101 don't apply here.

Who is the father here and who is calling the shots, the ex-wife? Its plain and simple I will be there at 5 pm to pick her up if thats not ok then you are going to have to drive her home. Treat her to pizza and sit down and watch the game and let her know how important this is to you.

yo peeps

it's not the best idea to send a message to your child that a football game is a higher priority then they are

I'm sure GOB has already thought of making other arragements

Haha right. Sure the ex wife will go for that too. Like now way she'll realize he's doing it for the Jets game.

yo peeps

it's not the best idea to send a message to your child that a football game is a higher priority then they are

I'm sure GOB has already thought of making other arragements

This. Plus, that miserable little bitch he used to be married to knows how important this is to him and would screw him out of it on purpose.

So here's the deal:

My daughter lives with me full-time and sees her mom on alternating weekends. This is one of those weekends and I pick her up from her mom at 7 PM tomorrow. It's an hour away, so I have to leave the house at 6 and probably won't be home until at lease 8:15.

Do I ?:

A) Listen to the game on my Sirius & watch the remainder when I get home.

or

B) DVR the game & post-game, turn off my cell phone, & watch the game from the start off the DVR, which after I get the kids to bed, will be 9 pm.

Go Black ops Bro.

1) Phone off

2) Cd music, no raido

3) point pistol at anyone who is about to talk to you

4) watch DVR after kids go to sleep no commercials

5) enjoy the game

Great News.

Old Man Winter has helped my cause and the Ex just emailed me to ask if we could move the exchange time up, since the roads on that side of the state are traditionally a mess.

I will be able to pick up my little girl and be back in time for a little pre-game to boot.

Now, let's hope it's all worth it. LOL

Great News.

Old Man Winter has helped my cause and the Ex just emailed me to ask if we could move the exchange time up, since the roads on that side of the state are traditionally a mess.

I will be able to pick up my little girl and be back in time for a little pre-game to boot.

maybe she's a steelers fan ?

j/k, awesome dude !!!!

Great News.

Great news! Sad though that the Ex still calls the shots.

Great News.

That is good news. What you should do to avoid future issues though is, grow a pair of testicles, lol.

Archived