Movies We've Seen Thread

No offense taken, D. I was never a big Superman guy to begin with.

More or less, Snyder and Goyer blended three Superman books (All-Star, Birthright, and Earth One), in all three of those (one of which became canon) Clark's a pretty confused dude. Why wouldn't he be? Do you honestly think that a teenager who finds out that he was shot out of a rocket by his original parents and now has godlike powers is just going to be totally cool and carry on with his day?

"Oh cool. Thanks dad. Didn't know about the whole responsibility for the entire planet thing. Thanks for the heads up. What's for dinner?"

You thought John Carter and The League of Extraordinary Gentleman were good. I don't think you're in much of a position to be waxing poetic on the history of the genre. 

Being an astronaut was something she kinda wandered into after her kid died.

Did the British like them?  League of Extraordinary Gentleman is constantly on BBCA and I think I've seen John Carter there as well. 

Those are both those kind of movies I watch and remember nothing about them.  Sometimes I almost watch those crap movies twice because it takes me half way through it the second time to remember I already watched it.

Wanna a good space movie?  "The watch"  LOL 

Prisoners is a fun, light-hearted, and engaging romp through modern day American suburbia.

I'm just kidding. It's intense and very long.

I have really wanted to see this for a long time, but time! Still, I hear it's a really good movie. I like Paul Dano. 

Prisoners is a fun, light-hearted, and engaging romp through modern day American suburbia.

I'm just kidding. It's intense and very long.

BTW I have a theory that Gyllenhaal is actually a serial killer. This explains why Zodiac and this movie are so well done. 

Cmon Tom.. no way you have seen most of the woody allen movies over the past 20 yrs..Vicky Cristina Barcalona was terrific and really wasnt his usual storyline..

If we want to start making generalizations.. i could do the same thing about psudeo intellectuals who think they are better then the rest of us..... but i wont do that... LOL

Ordinary People...best Woody film ever.

Yeah - Batman Begins really doesn't deserve to be in The Dark Knight's shadow. I forgot how awesome this movie is, and it holds up almost a decade later extremely well. Neeson was awesome. 

as a child of the 70's who watched reeve's superman in black and white and west's batman everyday, this dark knight stuff is just so weird to me.  I never read the comics and I just can't connect to it.

batman begins was just weird.  the cult was unintentionally funny to me

with that said, ledgers joker was so superb (duh)

as a child of the 70's who watched reeve's superman in black and white and west's batman everyday, this dark knight stuff is just so weird to me.  I never read the comics and I just can't connect to it.

That's actually right about the time that the comic started distancing itself from the campy serial version of the character. Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams took over the crux of the duties between Detective Comics and Batman and the rest was history. People like to credit the darker turn of the character to Frank Miller, but the truth of the matter is that it began about 16 years earlier with this issue of Batman in 1970. I'm a bit biased because I'm a bit of a Neal Adams groupie, but IMO this is the greatest Batman cover of all time.

Batman227-1.jpg

Edited by RutgersJetFan
  • Upvote 1

That's actually right about the time that the comic started distancing itself from the campy serial version of the character. Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams took over the crux of the duties between Detective Comics and Batman and the rest was history. People like to credit the darker turn of the character to Frank Miller, but the truth of the matter is that it began about 16 years earlier with this issue of Batman in 1970. I'm a bit biased because I'm a bit of a Neal Adams groupie, but IMO this is the greatest Batman cover of all time.

Batman227-1.jpg

holy crap that looks awesome

so I googled george reeves to post a youtube video of him "flying" out a window, and saw his life story

childhood ruined

holy crap that looks awesome

so I googled george reeves to post a youtube video of him "flying" out a window, and saw his life story

childhood ruined

Lot of history behind that cover. Adams drew it as an homage to one of Bob Kane's earliest covers.

300px-Detective_Comics_31.jpg

I know the Internet has been having a lot of fun with the Snyder photo from a few weeks ago, and it's been pretty hilarious, but it's actually a very classic pose for the character.

Re: George Reeves, I would highly recommend Hollywoodland. It's about the investigation of his murder and Affleck does a really great job playing Reeves. The sh*t that dude went through playing Supes is nuts.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Lot of history behind that cover. Adams drew it as an homage to one of Bob Kane's earliest covers.

300px-Detective_Comics_31.jpg

I know the Internet has been having a lot of fun with the Snyder photo from a few weeks ago, and it's been pretty hilarious, but it's actually a very classic pose for the character.

Re: George Reeves, I would highly recommend Hollywoodland. It's about the investigation of his murder and Affleck does a really great job playing Reeves. The sh*t that dude went through playing Supes is nuts.

txs !  even reeves early life with his mother telling him the guy who he thought was his father (who wasn't) committed suicide (which he didn't) and he finds out the truth years later, is depressing

that's eddie vedder territory

Edited by Larz

Since there's no TV thread, Ridley Scott is developing a show for HBO about ancient aliens in Egypt:

http://www.avclub.com/article/hbo-developing-ridley-scott-series-about-ancient-a-203769

there's only one possible conclusion you can come to when you see this pyramid.  Aliens

IMG_135661728PM_zps195396bb.jpg

add to that you can go visit the quarry where the egyptians quarried the stones, and you should watch any ancient alien show with a chuckle

Watched "Prisoners" this week. Intense. Good to see Jackmsn can act, too bad he doesn't really tap into that as Wolverine.

It was intense great watch on a rainy day but I did not care too much for the ending. Seems like I have seen it several times before.

It was intense great watch on a rainy day but I did not care too much for the ending. Seems like I have seen it several times before.

No doubt. The acting by Jackman and is it Tate? The guy who was War Machine? That's what was noticeable. Both pretty much owned it.

Edited by Integrity28