Movies We've Seen Thread

I know a lot of folks loved this, but I really felt it was a snoozefest.

It's one of those "you just don't get it" movies.

It's Russian existentialism, you either you have the patience for it or you don't. I don't think it has anything to do with intellectual capacity.

That said, I needed a long walk after watching it. The last 30 minutes ****ed me up.

saw the conjuring.  pretty good.  expected more.  turns out bethsheba didn't hang herself, but was actually involved in the witch trials and lived on the property

oh, and don't keep 300 haunted objects in your house and leave your kid with grandma, lol

Cop Land still holds up very well. DeNiro's most underrated performance IMO and maybe Stallone's all-around best after Rocky I. Should be recognized as much more of a classic than it currently is.

IMO Stallone's best performance. 

saw the conjuring.  pretty good.  expected more.  turns out bethsheba didn't hang herself, but was actually involved in the witch trials and lived on the property

oh, and don't keep 300 haunted objects in your house and leave your kid with grandma, lol

LOL, right?

I heard Steve Carell could possibly win. Hard to imagine the Brick Tamland winning an oscar, but what say you?

He's almost unrecognizable throughout the entire movie. Him, Tatum, and Ruffalo are all worthy of nods. Bennett Miller is definitely going to get nominated again. Yes, I said that Channing Tatum is worthy of getting nominated. I know how ridiculous it sounds but he is that good in it. I'm not sure if anyone on this forum follows wrestling at all, but both Ruffalo and Tatum did a damn good job of wrestling exactly like the Schultz brothers did.

The whole thing is just fantastic. People will try to argue that this shouldn't be viewed as a true sports movie, but it really is.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

He's almost unrecognizable throughout the entire movie. Him, Tatum, and Ruffalo are all worthy of nods. Bennett Miller is definitely going to get nominated again. Yes, I said that Channing Tatum is worthy of getting nominated. I know how ridiculous it sounds but he is that good in it. I'm not sure if anyone on this forum follows wrestling at all, but both Ruffalo and Tatum did a damn good job of wrestling exactly like the Schultz brothers did.

The whole thing is just fantastic. People will try to argue that this shouldn't be viewed as a true sports movie, but it really is.

I cannot wait to see it. 

I'm happy that it has this much hype. I don't think a lot of fight fans under 40 even remember the Schultz brothers. They were way ahead of their time, it's nice to see the renewed interest, even if it's because of how everything tragically ended.

I agree. Growing up wrestling I knew all about this. Any movie that brings amateur wrestling to the big screen is fine by me, but one with a great story is even better

I agree. Growing up wrestling I knew all about this. Any movie that brings amateur wrestling to the big screen is fine by me, but one with a great story is even better

You must have loved Tom Shane in Vision Quest.