Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Humanity’s Children Have Come Home…

Integrity28

doctors are safe from vig shots

And he has no reason to protect anyone else tonight. But it'd be a shame to lose the shot.

You get an FOS for planting the idea, though.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vote doggin

Why not hope for the best day 1 with his weird obsersvations of verb (I was sorta thinking same as EY when I read that "verb-innocent post)... And then JiF's defense seemed odd. Was thinking about voting SMC too but there is a name on that train I'm not trusting this game so...hence my vote on Doggin. Bg could be scum too but his posts are way too long to read so I'm not really sure there.

Also, Verbal could be a bomb designed to go off under and night action. Are there any booby traps (insert joke here) in the series?

Nice little wifom we have going for D1.

The show was kind of an allegory for the war on terror... so yeah, there were suicide bombers

?

Meh, like I said, I didnt take..."pretty much"...as completely absolving. Agreeing with him might have played a part too.

That would be a very stupid move. If we are to believe Verb, we'd lose a potentially souped up doc.

Huh? If he's the doc, he'll survive the shot and we just cleared his name...similar to our strategy last game with Smash.

Weird post.

And he has no reason to protect anyone else tonight. But it'd be a shame to lose the shot.

Meh, doing so last name stopped smash from being lynched (the scummiest doctor ever, till end game)

that being said.. this is an ape game.. BPV's are likely as they are the goto ape claim.. I retract that statement, I wouldn't want to confirm scum with a BPV

ANd it isn't "Wasting" a shot if it succesfully vets the real doctor.. one of the better uses for a bullet, imo

colonialfleet.jpg

The Galactica and the Colonial Fleet have been at the same coordinates going on four days now... the Raptors have been making routine trips back and forth to a cluster of gas planets in search of Tillium, the primary fuel sources for the Galactica and all of the ships in the fleet. Meanwhile, Chief Tyrol's crew is doing their best to repair the fleet of Viper's and have them battle-ready should the Cylons jump into Galactica's space. The mission to recover Tillium is paramount. The Galactica is currently engaged in a chase, a chase in which it must remain one step ahead of the Cylons. Having jumped away from the Cylons multiple times to this point, the members of the flight deck know all too well that if they can't spool the FTL drive and jump by 20:00 hours, that the Cylons will be right on top of them without fail...

That can only lead to one thing... Galactica will have to man their Vipers with every body they've got and go out and engage the Cylons in battle.

Despite the looming jump deadline, the crew still hasn't been able to put aside its paranoia about who may or may not be a humanoid Cylon amongst them. Up until this point, everyone has cooperated, done what they can to help aboard the Galactica... but its a skeleton crew, its a huge ship and people can go days in certain quadrants without interacting with another crew member, so President Roslin and Admiral Adama are trying to collect votes, via conversations, letters and messages from around the crew about who everyone suspects. There is only one option here... let the majority prevail and throw the poor soul that receives the most votes out the airlock.

MOD NOTE: Remember to BOLD both the UNVOTE and VOTE: PLAYER in your posts.

doctors are safe from vig shots

why would you say this ? They may be safe at night but they are not safe during the day phase.

Comming from you this sounds scummy chan, and no its not because I view you as scum every game like you seem to think. :P

Seeing as Verb's reveal is the biggest event so far, I'd like to visit some of the posts AFTER the reveal.

Also, I'm the Doc.

Yeah, I went there. Trust me, I have my reasons.

I think.

Verb's reveal.

GAME NOTE: D1, Reveal 1 has been used. You have one reveal remaining for D1...

Anything that constitutes discussing details about having a role, will be counted as a reveal... being a bluff or being legit, doesn't matter.

The mod note EY referenced in bold.

Interesting game...so far...

JC pops in to provide his illuminating insight on the matter.

Have a good time, Doggin.

WTF, Verbal?

Mock outrage....

Verbal, that was monumentally stupid regardless of your alignment. It's like the Ape claiming BPV D1 except worse. Also, since you've already claimed doc, care to claim a character?

More mock outrage....

ATTENTION: NVM ON THAT LAST PART SINCE APE HAS PROHIBITED CHARACTER REVEALS

Honest mistake or skimming?

Nope. If I were scum I wouldn't have corrected myself. Fact is I forgot that prohibition and posted before checking the rules. Welcome to my possible skinjob list though.

The WIFOM.

I agree with most of this...I don't know why but Jack sure seems off...

Again, honest mistake or skimming? Didn't JC notice that Jack mentioned he's on vacation?

Whatever. I don't see it as a WIFOM but nothing I say is going to convince you of that now that you have your teeth into it.

Wombat decides to re-visit the WIFOM. No reason for him to deny it either...it was most definitely a WIFOM.

Yes, and often.

In other news, his first game here he played like the Ape's twisted cousin...now he's lying low...it pings the scumdar.

Again, JC pushes the Jack theory.

unvote

Vote: JF80

He's padding his post count by posting vote counts, pictures, jokes, and now a list ala JiF ala Crusher. A lot of fluff and very little game related content.

Call this an OMGUS all you want, but after some scummy behavior, Wombat drops a nice easy vote on me shortly after Nae piles on her 4th vote.

Wombat, JC, and SMC stand out as exhibiting scummy behavior following the Verbal reveal. Its only Day 1 so NONE of these three could be scum, but for now, I'm going to vote for who I think was the scummiest, especially since I felt everyone else who commented on Verb exhibited townie behavior. That includes Pac, who my vote is currently on. Therefore....

UNVOTE

Vote: Wombat

Unofficial Day One Vote Count

SMC (4) - Slats, Sharrow, Crusher, Dan

Pac (3) - CTM, Doggin, Smash

Doggin (3) - DPR, EY, Hess

JF80 (2) - Nae, Wombat

BG (2) - Pac, JIF

Verbal (2) - Jack, SMC

Wombat (2) - Vic, JF80

Smash (1) - AVM

JiF (1) - BG

Not Voting (2): Verbal, JC

------

With 22 players, it takes 12 to determine who gets thrown out the air lock!

DEADLINE: Friday, at 8:00PM EST

GAME NOTE: One reveal remaining.

Day One Vote Count

Pac (3) - CTM, Doggin, Smash

Wombat (2) - Vic, JF80

JF80 (2) - Nae, Wombat

BG (2) - Pac, JIF

Verbal (2) - Jack, SMC

Smash (1) - AVM

JiF (1) - BG

------

^and if we did get lucky with doggin, say, Smash could get looked at as well. He kinda did the same thing as JiF off-handedly defending.

I really didnt defend him though. Just gave my opinion on how I interpreted the post. At this point, the way I see it is...we have Verb, Pac vs. BG and now Doggin as our focus.

My interpretation of Doggin's post, was exactly that, and less a defense. Essentially, all I did was give an opinion of what I thought of his post that is creating conversation. At no point did I even indicate Doggins alignment.

If anything, my interpretation indirectly defended Verb while giving no opinion of if I feel Doggin is scum. He could very well be for the reason stated, but my gut is, that we'd be really fortunate to catch a gambit on day 1...and it just doesnt make sense from 2 players who are pretty cerebral.

Further, Verb is my bitch and I'm not getting a scum vibe. I've too revealed early when I thought it would benefit the town. I was then lynched as a townie. So...go figure.

Honest mistake or skimming?

The WIFOM.

Again, honest mistake or skimming? Didn't JC notice that Jack mentioned he's on vacation?

Wombat decides to re-visit the WIFOM. No reason for him to deny it either...it was most definitely a WIFOM.

Again, JC pushes the Jack theory.

Call this an OMGUS all you want, but after some scummy behavior, Wombat drops a nice easy vote on me shortly after Nae piles on her 4th vote.

Wombat, JC, and SMC stand out as exhibiting scummy behavior following the Verbal reveal. Its only Day 1 so NONE of these three could be scum, but for now, I'm going to vote for who I think was the scummiest, especially since I felt everyone else who commented on Verb exhibited townie behavior. That includes Pac, who my vote is currently on. Therefore....

UNVOTE

Vote: Wombat

I thought Wombat's initial reaction was a little odd coming from him, too. I don't think his first response would normally be as obvious as, "Oh no, Verbal made a huge boo-boo, how stupid." Verbal's not a total fool (as much as I detest him). And it's not the same as claiming the BPV like Wombat said it was. Obviously it was a thought-out move and Verbal stands to gain something from it, whether it's as town or scum.

Didn't DPR say Verb was going on vacation for a week? If that's true, then him making that move as scum makes sense. Why not try to help the team by outing the real doc if you're not going to be around.

That's not enough for me to want to move my vote there but it's something to consider. In the meantime I really think killing BG is the play but SMC's disappearing act is troubling. He usually does that crap as scum and just hopes people forget about him or move on.

Or we can just kill JiF who's flopping around like a carp on a pontoon boat.

I see what you're saying Jif. Haven't really got scum vibe from you at all this game. Just saying if doggin were to flip scum, I would look at you, smash and obviously verb closer. But that it's a longshot however for D1 I didn't think voting doggin would be a bad idea under the circumstances.

Why would a mod either tempt or force a Doc to reveal on D1?

Who knows..

What we do know is Verb is not completely stupid so there has to be a reason he came out of the closet like this.

Regarding the whole Verbal situation, while it's undoubtedly a peculiar play, at this point the risk of doing that at scum doesn't really seem to outweigh normal potential reward. Of course that could all change dependent on if that's more things we learn about this setup as things go on. At this point though, I agree with doggin and feel the same as I do with the conversions, and not to get ahead of ourselves with these crazy theories before we have reason to.

If there is anything really fraked up going on here, that will come out sooner or later and we'll be lot better off trying to figure it out with more info. It's a lot of these ultra paranoia theories which had me saying to begin with that we should wait for evidence of conversions before assuming anything. Because now based on nothing but pac's ramblings we have people discussing lynching an uncountered doc, which is ridiculous no matter how confusing his reveal was.

At this point I'm going to move my vote and

vote pac

I won't be around today or this weekend but will try to check in from the phone a few times and make sure a vote switch isn't needed before the deadline.

Because now based on nothing but pac's ramblings we have people discussing lynching an uncountered doc, which is ridiculous no matter how confusing his reveal was.

vote pac

holy crap what a joke this is. Hopefully people see through this load of poop.

Day One Vote Count

Pac (4) - CTM, Doggin, Smash, BG

Wombat (2) - Vic, JF80

JF80 (2) - Nae, Wombat

BG (2) - Pac, JIF

Verbal (2) - Jack, SMC

Smash (1) - AVM

------

80 I dont see any mock outrage at all.

Perhaps I should have used a different term. SMC has seemed scummy to me, so his reaction fell in line with that. The "WTF?" and then he disappears. Wombat's response wasn't really mock outrage I suppose, but he was the scummiest of the early responders to Verbal IMO.

Didn't DPR say Verb was going on vacation for a week? If that's true, then him making that move as scum makes sense. Why not try to help the team by outing the real doc if you're not going to be around.

That's not enough for me to want to move my vote there but it's something to consider. In the meantime I really think killing BG is the play but SMC's disappearing act is troubling. He usually does that crap as scum and just hopes people forget about him or move on.

Or we can just kill JiF who's flopping around like a carp on a pontoon boat.

Who catches carp from a pontoon boat???

And I dont see how I'm flopping. My favorites for lynching have not changed for days now. BG, Pac, SMC. Though SMC was close to jumping you on that list, but then you outright lie in this post above as I've done no flopping at all...makes me like my order still.

Regarding the whole Verbal situation, while it's undoubtedly a peculiar play, at this point the risk of doing that at scum doesn't really seem to outweigh normal potential reward. Of course that could all change dependent on if that's more things we learn about this setup as things go on. At this point though, I agree with doggin and feel the same as I do with the conversions, and not to get ahead of ourselves with these crazy theories before we have reason to.

If there is anything really fraked up going on here, that will come out sooner or later and we'll be lot better off trying to figure it out with more info. It's a lot of these ultra paranoia theories which had me saying to begin with that we should wait for evidence of conversions before assuming anything. Because now based on nothing but pac's ramblings we have people discussing lynching an uncountered doc, which is ridiculous no matter how confusing his reveal was.

vote pac

I won't be around today or this weekend but will try to check in from the phone a few times and make sure a vote switch isn't needed before the deadline.

holy crap what a joke this is. Hopefully people see through this load of poop.

I agree with Pac here I dont see any real discussion about lynching Verbal at all. The discussion seems to be more about peoples reactions to it Like EY to Doggin and so on. Looks like your reaching here BG.

I still would like to hear more from CTM about his Doc cant get killed by a Vig shot comment. Its almost as if hes trying to make the vig think its safe to shoot the Doc during the day when It certainly is not.

Unofficial Day One Vote Count

Pac (4) - CTM, Doggin, Smash, BG

Wombat (3) - Vic, JF80, Hess

Doggin (2) - DPR, EY

JF80 (2) - Nae, Wombat

BG (2) - Pac, JIF

Verbal (2) - Jack, SMC

Smash (1) - AVM

------

Archived