Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

Is there a chance we sign Braylon if we don't sign Aso? If we are offering Aso 12 mill a year and if he doesn't come we can get Braylon for cheaper than that. The man wants to be a New York Jet and he is going to be more than a one year wonder which Moss would be IF that!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holmes won't need Edwards to succeed. All he had for years in Pittsburgh was Hines Ward, and J-Cotch is a poor man's Hines Ward. He'll be fine.

BS

Heath Miller / Washington / Ward

Then

Heath Miller / Wallace / Ward

Both combos are better than

Keller / Cotch / ???

I'm right there with you guys Bruce and GB-Braylon IS my favorite Jet.

Hey Kentucky just emailed me a report from Albert Breer saying that there's a 50-50 chance that the Jets cut Bart Scott...no way...right?

Haha! Let's see how much Klecko like the Aso signing after that. :lol:

Holmes won't need Edwards to succeed. All he had for years in Pittsburgh was Hines Ward, and J-Cotch is a poor man's Hines Ward. He'll be fine.

JCotch is nothing compared to Hines Ward, especially during the time Holmes played with Ward. In fact, J-Cotch's best day doesn't even come close to Hines Ward. Hines Ward was the #1 WR in PIT, even during Tone's time there. He declined and Tone took over, but make no mistake Hines is a great WR and commanded the defense's attention. Calling Cotch a poor man's Ward is like calling David Clowney a poor man's Randy Moss.

Braylon was a top 5 draft pick. Do people completely forget where he came from? He had 1 season with a half stable QB in CLE and he went GANGBUSTERS that season. he is all world size/strength/speed combination for the position and works his a$$ off.

Braylon Edwards was in criminal court today. He's a drunk driving, fan assaulting, late night car-crashing liability. Yes he was a top 5 pick. He's also 1 more mistake away from prison. not suspension... real prison.

WE WANT BRAYLON!

JennyVrentas (Beat Writer / Columnist) RT @TheRedzoneorg 49ers creating cap space to pursue Asomugha www.theredzone.org

2 minutes ago by Jenny Vrentas,

perhaps after Aso is gone they will get back in touch with Edwards. Much prefer that

Braylon Edwards was in criminal court today. He's a drunk driving, fan assaulting, late night car-crashing liability. Yes he was a top 5 pick. He's also 1 more mistake away from prison. not suspension... real prison.

Santonio Holmes is one misstep away from a 1 year suspension. What's your point?

Haha! Let's see how much Klecko like the Aso signing after that. :lol:

Bart Scott wasn't that good anyway. I've always said that Rex should find a way for Jamaal Westerman to start in this defense. Rex knows more than you. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. Morons. Ack ack ack.

Santonio Holmes is one misstep away from a 1 year suspension. What's your point?

Santonio hasn't made any mistakes since before he was a Jet.

Braylon never stopped making mistakes.

Santonio has turned over a new leaf, Braylon hasn't.

So is Holmes...

braylonsmall1.png

How can you not bring him back after this?

Santonio almost got locked up by the TSA for freaking out on a plane and you know he is eventually going to get caught with some weed...

You sound silly trying to make this argument...

BS

Heath Miller / Washington / Ward

Then

Heath Miller / Wallace / Ward

Both combos are better than

Keller / Cotch / ???

How could they be ?? Keller and Cotch are Jets Dont you remember Coles and Cotch was a top ten WR tandem back in the day ?

I'm right there with you guys Bruce and GB-Braylon IS my favorite Jet.

Hey Kentucky just emailed me a report from Albert Breer saying that there's a 50-50 chance that the Jets cut Bart Scott...no way...right?

I saw that. I've scanned everywhere to try and find something to back that up and found nothing. 50/50 can easily go either way. There's a 50/50 chance I get laid tonight. Unfortunately I know that there is a 100% chance my wife doesn't want to

Never let the facts get in the good way of your blind bias, right bit? It's over with at this point, but you still can't stop. You're quickly climbing up the ranks amongst the worst posters on this site, well done.

The fact that you somehow think the Jets preferring Holmes over Edwards (which EVERYONE knew was the case) somehow makes all of your ridiculous, completely factual inaccurate, bullsh*t arguments correct is really a frightening concept.

Santonio almost got locked up by the TSA for freaking out on a plane and you know he is eventually going to get caught with some weed...

You sound silly trying to make this argument...

Santonio never got in trouble in 2011. Braylon was running his car off the road at 4am like a week ago.

that's a fact.

Santonio never got in trouble in 2011. Braylon was running his car off the road at 4am like a week ago.

that's a fact.

Dbrick was out with Braylon when he got his DUI.

What do you have to say for your man crush?

by the way Braylon is in the substance abuse program as well... alcohol is a substance and his violation of probation (pleading guilty to DUI) may be a violation of that program... meaning Braylon could get suspended a game or two this year.

I'd rather have Braylon and Cromartie than Aso

I can't stand Cromartie he couldn't tackle my grandma and is a 1 trick pony run fast straight.

But I do somewhat agree I'd rather have Braylon, Florence, Barnes, Pool, and Buchanon over ASO!

Scott just tweeted this

Come on to the light Nnamdi it's safe in the light thank god for the Internet cause I had no shot O yea the light

TweetDeck • 7/27/11 3:51 PM

So I assume he reconstructed his contract after being asked so Jets can sign ASO

and they are about to have LT restructure his contract for more cap space-I think Braylon will be done right after Asomugha gets signed tonight

and they are about to have LT restructure his contract for more cap space-I think Braylon will be done right after Asomugha gets signed tonight

That first post in this thread is directly from BE's agents twitter account, I won't count it out but I dont think so.

Also I think Rex wants Moss and ASO it's that simple whether u agree or not, and from watching HK last year Rex usually gets what he wants.

Did anyone else see the tweet in one of the other threads about Braylon not being happy about how court went today? I think thats why he is upset on twitter not the Jets and it also as harsh as it is to say severely lower his price.

Archived