103 replies to this topic

#101 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,461 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

My premise is Rex means SHIIT if he stays. New GM will call shots and he wont stick with Sanchez and will use it as opportunity to bring in his own Offensive Philosophy, aka his contacts. Understand, if Woody fires tanny as GM, its 80% chance Rex is gone. Any GM worth his salt will demand in interview to bring in his own coach. Loyalty will only make Woody demand Rex gets to interview for job again with new GM, but very doubtful rex returns if Tanny fired. Very doubtful per historical precedence with new GM hires.

I think youre absolutely right.

The NFL is a passing league. WTF, are the Jets doing trying to Ground and Pound and Wildcat? Once your team gets down buy a couple of TDs youre basically screwed and have to pass the ball to get back in the game. Look at Pittsburgh who was a predominately a run first team forever. Now they throw the ball all over the field.

Pass to get the lead and run to win. Thats the formula and the sooner the Jets get on the board, the better.

#102 G.O.B.

G.O.B.

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,286 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

I love how Rex blew past Sanchez today as he was walking to meet Tennessee's HC.

Rex Ryan has his fingerprints all over this mess....as does Tannenbaum and Woody.

I've watched both the Offense & Defense get worse every single year this guy has been HC. The defense at its best, has been mediocre, yet not one time have we ever had any legimate form of pash rush.

The offense....I've never seen anything like it. It's a circus, a joke, a disrgace. Our RBs are horrendus and cannot pick up a blitz to save their life. They can't run, can't break tackles, can't make moves. The WRs....what needs to be said - I can't name half of them right now save Braylon. The QB - Nothing to say. Nothing. He's done, washed up, finished, through. He has nothing left in the tank. He's a train wreck. The offensive coordinators have been a Cavalcade of Carnage. Dink and dunk, nothing downfield.

I'm sick of it. I'm done. To go from back to back AFC Title games to this in such a short span speaks volumes. It has nothing to do with injuries or bad breaks - this is a direct result of poor coaching, poor planning and poor personnel management.

Blow it up - start over...like it matters, it can't get any worse.

637844091-amazing-pictures-pilot-s-jet-c

NY Jets Football: 45 Years of complete and utter incompetence.

#103 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

I love how Rex blew past Sanchez today as he was walking to meet Tennessee's HC.

Rex Ryan has his fingerprints all over this mess....as does Tannenbaum and Woody.

I've watched both the Offense & Defense get worse every single year this guy has been HC. The defense at its best, has been mediocre, yet not one time have we ever had any legimate form of pash rush.

The offense....I've never seen anything like it. It's a circus, a joke, a disrgace. Our RBs are horrendus and cannot pick up a blitz to save their life. They can't run, can't break tackles, can't make moves. The WRs....what needs to be said - I can't name half of them right now save Braylon. The QB - Nothing to say. Nothing. He's done, washed up, finished, through. He has nothing left in the tank. He's a train wreck. The offensive coordinators have been a Cavalcade of Carnage. Dink and dunk, nothing downfield.

I'm sick of it. I'm done. To go from back to back AFC Title games to this in such a short span speaks volumes. It has nothing to do with injuries or bad breaks - this is a direct result of poor coaching, poor planning and poor personnel management.

Blow it up - start over...like it matters, it can't get any worse.

This says it all, unfortunately, Rex and Tanny will be back.

#104 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

all kidding aside, if I am advising woody I tell him to publicly support tanny and rex, and more or less say "I am here to give them what they need to get this thing turned around" thru the end of the season unless they start crying at press conferences or get arrested

the jets job is not a great one

he can't afford to be seen as a bad ownner to work for on top of having a roster that is a mess with a bunch of bad contracts

then at 9:00 am the morning after the last game, fire them and begin a super aggressive search for a real football man GM and a hard ass HC with an OC known for his QB development

It can be a great one. But increasingly since the day Parcells refused to take his money there is something about Woody Johnson that makes quality NFL people shun him. Part of the reason is the owner wants to be front and center. May be it works for a self-made guy like Kraft, but I don't see the Rooneys or the Maras and Tisches doing that.

Johnson has to hire a good GM and then take a huge giant step back and mostly dissappear to let that guy run the team.Think increasingly that guy(s) are the Polians, who have something to prove after Irsay dumped them.

Edited by Bugg, 18 December 2012 - 11:28 AM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users