•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets OL coach DeGugliemo admits to be forced to play Ducasse

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Abraham and Ellis were taken in a single draft. Those were good picks. I've seen no evidence that Wilk and Coples can match either's production. We can only hope.

more like Ellis and Trevor Pryce than Ellis and Abe. The Jets really need an Abe but these guys are closer to DT than DE.

Tanny has been too scared to draft another Gholston but assuming he survives this offseason, hopefully the risk of drafting a pass rusher outweighs the risk of not drafting one.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#52 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Actually, it gets more ridiculous by the story. Here's Rex today:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
Rex said he doesn't know why teams don't sub o lineman like they do receivers, RBs. #jets #nyj

That def doesn't help.

#53 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,924 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I cannot believe that the head coach would make a decision that a positional coach disagrees with. WHO DOES THE HEAD COACH THINK HE IS??? Does the head coach think he's the head coach or something??????? #CIRCUS

#54 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I cannot believe that the head coach would make a decision that a positional coach disagrees with. WHO DOES THE HEAD COACH THINK HE IS??? Does the head coach think he's the head coach or something??????? #CIRCUS

Posted Image

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#55 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

The offensive line is the least of the Jets worries.

It's not elite, but on a team full of minefields, this is a road flare, not Hiroshima.....
BD

#56 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

The offensive line is the least of the Jets worries.

It's not elite, but on a team full of minefields, this is a road flare, not Hiroshima.....
BD

You got to be kidding. They have been inconsistent all year, they get credit for this team sucking.

#57 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,458 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

both the Wilk and Coples were good picks.

Awesome. So let's just count landing one good player in the first two rounds on an average of every other year as success for the past 5 drafts, and never fire anyone because hey whaddya gonna do right Bro Montana? Players play and coaches coach and drafters draft and rosters and gameplans have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW ANYTHING PLAYS OUT ON YHE FIELD.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#58 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

You got to be kidding. They have been inconsistent all year, they get credit for this team sucking.

I'll take inconsistent over sucking rhino balls anyday of the week.

Only the kickers have been better.....
BD

#59 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,458 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

The problem is that it's hard to believe anything Rex says right now. At this point I think he's just convincing himself that an alternate reality exists.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#60 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

The problem is that it's hard to believe anything Rex says right now. At this point I think he's just convincing himself that an alternate reality exists.

All he needs to is win and none of this sh*t matters. Easier said then done.

#61 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

hey at least rex is showing he realizes the jets have an offense
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#62 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

This guy's a ****in dummy clearly. Some reporter owes him for this "who gives a damn" news.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#63 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Actually, it gets more ridiculous by the story. Here's Rex today:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
Rex said he doesn't know why teams don't sub o lineman like they do receivers, RBs. #jets #nyj

More and more teams are doing this...It's how the Giants broke in Beatty...it's what made Anthony Collins a sleeper starter in FA...it's how the illustrious Wayne Hunter got playing time...it's how the Packers broke in TJ Lang or Bulaga IIRC....

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#64 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

More and more teams are doing this...It's how the Giants broke in Beatty...it's what made Anthony Collins a sleeper starter in FA...it's how the illustrious Wayne Hunter got playing time...it's how the Packers broke in TJ Lang or Bulaga IIRC....

The difference is that the Giants, Packers, and Bengals weren't forcing bad players onto the field in a lame attempt to justify wasting a draft pick on an outright bust.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#65 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,823 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Awesome. So let's just count landing one good player in the first two rounds on an average of every other year as success for the past 5 drafts, and never fire anyone because hey whaddya gonna do right Bro Montana? Players play and coaches coach and drafters draft and rosters and gameplans have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW ANYTHING PLAYS OUT ON YHE FIELD.

I wouldn't take total credit for good picks away, but I agree it isn't enough. You can't hit on 50% of your first round draft picks (like everyone does) and use that as justification to say the rest of his (mostly awful) drafts of late after round 1 are therefore excused.

Each team is given 7 rounds to draft in every year, not 1 round to draft in every other year.

JetNation.com

#66 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

The difference is that the Giants, Packers, and Bengals weren't forcing bad players onto the field in a lame attempt to justify wasting a draft pick on an outright bust.

You can't honestly know if those teams did or did not do that, ask Carson Palmer who rather of quit football then remain a Bengal. The grass is not greener everywhere but here.

#67 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

You can't honestly know if those teams did or did not do that, ask Carson Palmer who rather of quit football then remain a Bengal. The grass is not greener everywhere but here.

I know everything. My brain scans resemble the Crab Nebula.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#68 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Or that they all have QBs who don't suck. One of the two.

#69 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I know everything. My brain scans resemble the Crab Nebula.

You're right, sorry, sorry, please forgive me!!!!!! I beg of you!!!! :tumbleweed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users