• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 fti1422

fti1422

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Gamble Interviewed Saturday...No offer was made, No deal-yet...Ross and Cohen to interview Monday.

#2 Freemanm

Freemanm

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Given the fact that it's the Jets we're dealing with, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Terry Bradway is named permanent GM once again. He draft some good players, and a few of them, like Jonathan Vilma, got Superbowl rings - with other teams. However, he did completely bomb with Dewayne Robertson, who is no longer even playing, and he has a spot in the Hall of Stupidity for letting Lavernues Coles go to the Redskins, only to trade another WR, Santana Moss, to get him back. Oh, yeah, then there were losing seasons whenever Chad Pennington got a season-ending injury, which happened like every other season. He never got a respectable back up for him.

#3 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,630 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

It might not even be Terry Bradway. It could be Chet Donahue from the mail room.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#4 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I personally like this.Absolutely nothing wrong them doing there due diligence on the other candidates. Especially Ross. The next GM we hire is either going to pull us out of this tail spin in the next 2-3 years. Or like G.O.B's sig crash us right into the ground for the next 10. I am happy they are wanting to get it right.

Edited by F.Chowds, 06 January 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#5 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Here's the latest on the Jets' GM search:

So far, they've interviewed two candidates -- Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell and 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble. The Gamble interview occurred Saturday.

On Monday, they will meet with two more candidates, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen. Packers director of football operations John Dorsey still is on the Jets' list, but that's a fluid situation. He's rumored to be the Chiefs' GM choice.

Gamble is thought to be the Jets' frontrunner, but there's no truth to rumors that it's a done deal. It's actually kind of funny because Gamble was in the middle of his interview Saturday when rumors surfaced that he'd been hired.

The chances of hiring a GM before Tuesday's anticipated Rex Ryan/Woody Johnson news conference remain highly unlikely. The Jets may speed up the search because of the competition for top candidates, but they want to be smart and deliberate.

If the Jets aren't convinced they've found the right man by the end of the first round of interviews, which will be Monday, they could expand the search to include more candidates.

Edited by F.Chowds, 06 January 2013 - 04:40 AM.

#6 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

can't be hired until they complete an interview with a minority candidate.

Edited by jack48, 06 January 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#7 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

can't be hired until they complete an interview with a minority candidate.

I think that's only HC

#8 Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hoping for Gamble or Ross, not any of the other guys.

#9 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

I think that's only HC

The stupid rule applies to all senior level positions

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#10 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,055 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I personally like this.Absolutely nothing wrong them doing there due diligence on the other candidates. Especially Ross. The next GM we hire is either going to pull us out of this tail spin in the next 2-3 years. Or like G.O.B's sig crash us right into the ground for the next 10. I am happy they are wanting to get it right.

This.

The reality is, we are looking for a new GM and probably new directors to take roles within the organization beneath him. So, say we snatch up Gamble as GM, we may still be able to poach Ross as well if there's a way for him to escalate his career and paycheck with us, without moving directly into GM role. If I'm not mistaken there are a number of role Ross could take on for us that would be considered promotions for him... dunno.

I do like that we are following through on interviewing all candidates, it's the right thing to do.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#11 BleedGreen314

BleedGreen314

Yasiel Puig

• Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationMadison, NJ

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

The stupid rule applies to all senior level positions

Yes thats exactly what it is
Idzik!!

#12 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

This.

The reality is, we are looking for a new GM and probably new directors to take roles within the organization beneath him. So, say we snatch up Gamble as GM, we may still be able to poach Ross as well if there's a way for him to escalate his career and paycheck with us, without moving directly into GM role. If I'm not mistaken there are a number of role Ross could take on for us that would be considered promotions for him... dunno.

I do like that we are following through on interviewing all candidates, it's the right thing to do.

If the 49ers get to the SB this year then we can say that we hired a guy who helped pick the players to get his team to the SB, no matter whether it is Ross or Gamble or Dorsey. No one can bitch about that.

#13 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Bottom line - jets will get the candidate THEY want. My impression is that Gamble wants the Jets job and has put his marbles in this basket. Worse case scenario he doesn't get the job and goes back to SF. I think Ross is the dark horse - no pun intended.

#14 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Bottom line - jets will get the candidate THEY want. My impression is that Gamble wants the Jets job and has put his marbles in this basket. Worse case scenario he doesn't get the job and goes back to SF. I think Ross is the dark horse - no pun intended.

Good to hear! Not sure why I was worried, why wouldn't we get our pick of the litter?

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 06 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#15 pfilippone

pfilippone

Charlotte Jets fan

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Bottom line - Johnson will get the candidate HE wants. My impression is that Gamble wants the Jets job and has put his marbles in this basket. Worse case scenario he doesn't get the job and goes back to SF. I think Ross is the dark horse - no pun intended.

Fixed. :winking0001:
Your karma ran over my dogma

#16 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Good point - but I do wonder who if anyone is sitting in on the interviews with him. I suspect the president of the club is there also.

#17 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Per obnoxious jackhole Mike Florio: The New York Jets could soon have a new General Manager, who may or may not celebrate the move with the addition of a tattoo to his arm.
Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble has passed on a second interview with the Jaguars, telling them that he’s focused on the G.M. gig in New York.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that Gamble has delayed an interview with the Chargers, which is being interpreted as another sign that Gamble is gettingready to join the Jets.

Gamble is regarded as one of the hottest G.M. candidates on the market, thanks to his role in building a powerhouse roster in San Francisco.

Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#18 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Good point - but I do wonder who if anyone is sitting in on the interviews with him. I suspect the president of the club is there also.

I hope his 200k dollar babysitter is there

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 06 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#19 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,718 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Neil Glat the President would have to be part of this process at a minimum.

#20 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

It's obvious Gamble wants the Jets job. Ross will have to blow the doors off Johnson to get the job.

#21 Cyberjet

Cyberjet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Rumor has it that Sporano and Bradway were also involved.

.....kidding

#22 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Per obnoxious jackhole Mike Florio: The New York Jets could soon have a new General Manager, who may or may not celebrate the move with the addition of a tattoo to his arm.
Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble has passed on a second interview with the Jaguars, telling them that he’s focused on the G.M. gig in New York.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that Gamble has delayed an interview with the Chargers, which is being interpreted as another sign that Gamble is gettingready to join the Jets.

Gamble is regarded as one of the hottest G.M. candidates on the market, thanks to his role in building a powerhouse roster in San Francisco.

Alot of people aren't happy Woody got a good candidate here.
Tank for Teddy.

#23 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Alot of people aren't happy Woody got a good candidate here.

I like Gamble, he as connections to the club already like Rex, This guy looks like the real deal with what he's built in S.F. Give Rex an Avg Q.B and I think we will be set.
A good Draft, Oline, L.B R.B and I think we will be looking a lot better. Heck any Average NFL offence they put on the field, will look awesome to the Sh*t we've had to endure this year.

#24 Freemanm

Freemanm

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

If Gamble is hired, and I hope he is, we're going to have to be patient. It took SF seven years to get to where they are today. Also, perhaps (and this is just my wish list) maybe he can corral Colin Kaepernick to join the Jets to replace the bomb that is Mark Sanchez?

#25 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

If Gamble is hired, and I hope he is, we're going to have to be patient. It took SF seven years to get to where they are today. Also, perhaps (and this is just my wish list) maybe he can corral Colin Kaepernick to join the Jets to replace the bomb that is Mark Sanchez?

Yeah. The 49ers are totally going to just give the Jets their QB of the future who has shown nothing but huge upside and promise.

Maybe he can find the Jets their own Kaepernick, but they can't have the 49ers version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users