Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

Pats offering Hernandez jersey exchange

June, 28, 2013
Jun 28

3:51

PM ET

By ESPNBoston.com

The New England Patriots are offering anyone with a No. 81 Aaron Hernandez jersey that was purchased at the team’s pro shop to exchange it with a free jersey of comparable value, the team announced.

The exchange will be offered only during the weekend of July 6-7 and is only for jerseys purchased at the pro shop at Gillette Stadium or online at patriotsproshop.com.

Earlier this week, Hernandez was charged in the murder of an acquaintance and released by the Patriots.

“We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys, but may not understand why parents don’t want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore,” Patriots spokesperson Stacey James said in a statement. “We hope this opportunity to exchange those jerseys at the Patriots ProShop for another player’s jersey will be well received by parents.”

The pro shop will be open from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. on Saturday, July 6 and from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pats offering Hernandez jersey exchange

June, 28, 2013

Jun 28

3:51

PM ET

By ESPNBoston.com

The New England Patriots are offering anyone with a No. 81 Aaron Hernandez jersey that was purchased at the team’s pro shop to exchange it with a free jersey of comparable value, the team announced.

The exchange will be offered only during the weekend of July 6-7 and is only for jerseys purchased at the pro shop at Gillette Stadium or online at patriotsproshop.com.

Earlier this week, Hernandez was charged in the murder of an acquaintance and released by the Patriots.

“We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys, but may not understand why parents don’t want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore,” Patriots spokesperson Stacey James said in a statement. “We hope this opportunity to exchange those jerseys at the Patriots ProShop for another player’s jersey will be well received by parents.”

The pro shop will be open from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. on Saturday, July 6 and from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday.

that's a rare, classy move.  ship those hernandez jerseys to 3rd world countries that need free clothing

Lawyer of man shot in Florida says Aaron Hernandez left him to die

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 4:49 p.m. EDT June 28, 2013

The lawyer for the Connecticut man suing Aaron Hernandez now believes Hernandez intended to kill his client after a night of partying in Miami.

Alexander Bradley, 30, filed a civil complaint in a U.S. District Court in South Florida in which he accused Hernandez of shooting him in the face on Feb. 13. Bradley was found alone and bleeding from the face and arm in a Riviera Beach, Fla. industrial park, about an hour north of the strip club where he had spent the previous evening with Hernandez and others.

"I think he was left there because they thought he would be dead," attorney David Jaroslawicz told USA TODAY Sports on Friday.

SECOND MAN ARRESTED: Extradited to Massachusetts

Jaroslawicz initially filed the complaint on Bradley's behalf on June 13, four days before the body of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd was discovered in an industrial park less than a mile from Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass. Police arrested Hernandez on Wednesday on a charge of first-degree murder in that case, he pleaded not guilty and he is being held without bond while awaiting formal indictment.

Police in Boston are now investigating whether Hernandez was involved in a double-homicide in July 2012, the Boston Globe has reported.

"You can't make this stuff up. When I filed this simple lawsuit for Mr. Bradley's injuries, the last thing I expected was they would find a dead body near his house and he'd be under investigation to two other dead bodies," Jaroslawicz said. "That's not what I expected when we filed our simple lawsuit."

According to the civil complaint, in which Bradley is seeking more than $100,000 in damages, Bradley said he was shot while in a vehicle with Hernandez and two other men after leaving a strip club called Tootsies, while en route to Palm Beach. Bradley ended up losing his right eye, has diminished use of his right hand and arm, experiences significant pain and will require further surgeries, he said in the complaint.

THIRD SUSPECT: Police seeking Ernest Wallace

Jaroslawicz said Bradley had known Hernandez for several years and had worked for him.

"He thought they were friends," Jaroslawicz said.

Bradley was initially hospitalized in West Palm Beach, Fla., and while there, he offered police only a vague description of his assailants, telling an investigator he only knew he was shot by "black and Hispanic" men, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's report obtained by USA TODAY Sports. The officer who interviewed Bradley wrote that when Bradley refused to cooperate further, the case was listed as inactive.

Now Jaroslawicz and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office are at odds about if and how a criminal case against Hernandez should proceed.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera told USA TODAY Sports on Friday that the department will not restart an investigation without cooperation from Bradley, adding that Bradley could call the violent crime division to begin that process.

Jaroslawicz said the fact they have filed a suit against Hernandez in federal court should be enough for the sheriff's office to investigate Hernandez on their own.

"They know who did it. They have a sworn statement filed in federal court that Hernandez shot (Bradley). What more do they need, a picture?" Jaroslawicz said.

Meanwhile, police in Gainesville, Fla., where Hernandez played three years at the University of Florida, said they will not conduct further investigation into a 2007 shooting. Hernandez was interviewed by police after that incident in which two men were shot in a vehicle on a night following a Gators' football game.

"The description of the shooter was a black male. It was not even remotely close to Mr. Hernandez's color or build," Gainesville Police officer Ben Tobias told USA TODAY Sports. "We did a thorough investigation at that point, and it did not lead to him whatsoever."

But how do you accurately "price" a A.H. jersey now?  it says equal value...so you can't trade it in for a Brady jersey  lol

In all honesty I might be inclined to buy an authentic Hernandez.  Very cheaply.

No telling what value this thing is going to have in the future.   

Got a feeling this story is going to go Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay south.   Press is going to love it.

Bet Congress gets involved somehow

I thought he was a Bristol Blood?  

Will Pats fans be for him or against him?  He's not on the team anymore.  

Those aren't gangsters.  Those are kids in gangs.  I think most of the gangsters are in Providence. 

Story of my life and you're right.  It sure hasn't been pretty. 

the 3 promiate gangs in Bristol are the kings & solids and to a lesser extent,bloods.i asked my friend,who is in the know,and he told me he was a king.

that's a rare, classy move.  ship those hernandez jerseys to 3rd world countries that need free clothing

Yeah, those 19-0 tee-shirts are probably getting a little tattered by now.

Pats officially shut off any remaining pay to Hernandez

Posted by Mike Florio on June 29, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is arraigned in court in Attleborough, MassachusettsReuters

As expected, the Patriots will not willingly pay another penny to Aaron Hernandez.

According to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, whose article is unfortunately trapped behind a pay wall, the Patriots have “voided” all remaining guaranteed money due and owing to Hernandez.

This includes $2.5 million in future guaranteed base salaries and the final $3.25 million installment of his already-earned $12.5 million signing bonus.  Per Volin, the Patriots also will refuse to pay $200,000 for workout and roster bonuses earned this year.

“It was guaranteed for skill and injury, but it wasn’t guaranteed for personal conduct that cast the club in a negative light, and that’s why we cut him,” an unnamed team source told Volin. “We know the CBA. We are well within our rights.”

As to the $2.5 million in guaranteed base salaries, there will be no fight from Hernandez or the NFLPA.  Multiple sources on both sides of the issue have told PFT that salary guaranteed for injury, skill, and salary cap can be voided if a player is cut for conduct unbecoming to the team.

But the Hernandez camp will argue strenuously that the Patriots have no right to withhold the $3.25 million in deferred signing bonus money.  The money already has been earned.  Just like the $9.25 million Hernandez already has received, he technically should get the remaining $3.25 million.

“That is as clear in his favor as the base salary issues is for the team,” said a source with knowledge of Hernandez’s position.  “If the team tries to fight it they will lose, 100 percent.”

Hernandez’s position appears to be the correct one, as to the $3.25 million.  It’s also likely that the $82,000 workout bonus must be paid, since Hernandez showed up and earned it.  Ditto for the $118,000 roster bonus.

That doesn’t mean the team has to voluntarily cut the check.  Even though the Patriots may lose, they are going to force Hernandez to fight for the money.

The team’s refusal to pay Hernandez another penny meshes with the organization’s decision to behave as if he never existed, dropping him from the team, scrubbing his stats from the official website, and launching a jersey exchange program allowing fans to trade a Hernandez jersey for a different one.

In all honesty I might be inclined to buy an authentic Hernandez.  Very cheaply.

No telling what value this thing is going to have in the future.   

Got a feeling this story is going to go Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay south.   Press is going to love it.

Bet Congress gets involved somehow

Willing to bet the jerseys selling for a super premium on eBay right now. Too lazy to look but society is rotten so it wouldn't surprise me

Hernandez old gang was the Bristol Blood, according to reports at least.    

It isn't like he was right in the neighborhood with his old hommies, they were like 125+- miles away.  On the night he murdered Lloyd he called his boys to drive about 2.5 hours to help him kill the guy.  This wasn't a case of he was being influenced by his old buddies, he called them.  I'm also willing to bet he did the execution. 

As far as a street gang not being like a country club, perhaps not, but people who are predisposed to join street gangs will seek out individuals with that same mentality.   They might not exactly be the same gang, but there are Blood every where.

If you think Hernandez is just a misunderstood kid, if he ever gets bailed out, take a midnight ride with him and perhaps you can straighten him out.  Or maybe not

:)

I'm just saying that if he was going to fully leave behind his old life, there's a better chance of doing that from even farther away. a couple hours really isn't that far.

The team’s refusal to pay Hernandez another penny meshes with the organization’s decision to behave as if he never existed, dropping him from the team, scrubbing his stats from the official website, and launching a jersey exchange program allowing fans to trade a Hernandez jersey for a different one.

The Stalin Patriot Way

ETA: Honestly, the only thing that could have made this story even more vindictively delicious for Jets fans was if the Jets were going to be good this year. New England will still crush us.

I'm just saying that if he was going to fully leave behind his old life, there's a better chance of doing that from even farther away. a couple hours really isn't that far.

You're right as far as it goes.  If a kid fell in with a gang, did some relatively minor crimes and then found a new opportunity to leave that life, being on the other side of the country is much more conducive to his leaving his old life behind than being a two hour drive away from his old gang buddies.  And in point of fact, it is said that Hernandez did not hang with the other Patriots, he hung with his old gang friends.  So they did keep him involved with the old life.

Only thing is, we know that he shot a "friend" in the eye before, and that he is suspected in a double murder several years ago.  It is quite possible that Hernandez has been shooting people for some time and the police are just finding out about it now.  It would not surprise me if there were even more than what we have heard about.  In fact, I think that's why his old buddies are hanging around him-basically shaking him down for money and favors under threat of revealing his old life to the cops.

So when you're in as deep as Hernandez appears to be, you can't just move to Seattle and start over fresh.

You're right as far as it goes.  If a kid fell in with a gang, did some relatively minor crimes and then found a new opportunity to leave that life, being on the other side of the country is much more conducive to his leaving his old life behind than being a two hour drive away from his old gang buddies.  And in point of fact, it is said that Hernandez did not hang with the other Patriots, he hung with his old gang friends.  So they did keep him involved with the old life.

Only thing is, we know that he shot a "friend" in the eye before, and that he is suspected in a double murder several years ago.  It is quite possible that Hernandez has been shooting people for some time and the police are just finding out about it now.  It would not surprise me if there were even more than what we have heard about.  In fact, I think that's why his old buddies are hanging around him-basically shaking him down for money and favors under threat of revealing his old life to the cops.

So when you're in as deep as Hernandez appears to be, you can't just move to Seattle and start over fresh.

the double murder was in 2012, just a year ago

i doubt his gang buddies are shaking him down, they are probably just sponging off him  (i.e. justin bieber's friends lol)

Gainesville PD confirms Aaron Hernandez ‘questioned very briefly’ in ’07 shooting

Posted by John Taylor on June 29, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
aaron-hernandez.jpg?w=250AP

The sad, sordid soap opera that is Aaron Hernandez would not normally fall under the purview of CFT, but a confirmed development has prompted us to at least dip our toes into the evolving tragedy.

Following up on the speculation in the days since the now-former New England Patriots player was arrested on a first-degree murder charge — and his potential role in a double homicide last year has seen the public light — Gainesville police confirmed to theGainesville Sun Saturday that Hernandez was “questioned very briefly” in regards to a shooting in late September of 2007 that injured two individuals.  From the Sun:

Corey T. Smith, now 33, and Justin E. Glass, now 24, were in a car stopped in westbound traffic when Smith, the passenger, was shot in the head. Glass was shot in the arm by a man police said walked up to the car and fired several shots from a handgun.

Several members of the Gators at the time were interviewed by police in connection to the shootings, including Hernandez as well as, the paper reported, players such asReggie Nelson and the Pouncey twins, Mike and Maurkice.

“Hernandez’s name came up once in the report and he was questioned very briefly,” Gainesville police officer Ben Tobias told the paper. “Anytime we have an incident like that, we investigate and follow any lead whatsoever. We got his name as being in the area of that club, so we questioned him.”

No arrests have been made and the case remains open.

Hernandez played for the Gators from 2005-07 and was a member of Urban Meyer‘s first UF recruiting class.  Meyer, now the head coach at Ohio State, has come under scrutiny since his former player’s arrest, with the New York Timespublishing an exposé in which the paper wrote that the coach said the talented but troubled player “had been rehabilitated with daily Bible study sessions that the coach conducted personally.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/29/gainesville-pd-confirms-aaron-hernandez-questioned-very-briefly-in-07-shooting/

Share this:
  •  

i doubt his gang buddies are shaking him down, they are probably just sponging off him  (i.e. justin bieber's friends lol)

It might just look like sponging, but it seems that Hernandez has been into some heavy gang activity for some time.  I don't think he just did minor stuff as a teenager then blossomed into a murderer in his early twenties, right at the moment that he had something to lose.

Logically, getting the big money would be the time he would move away.  The fact that he is shooting people now, when it makes less sense in his life than ever before, would indicate that he has been shooting people for a long time-ingrained behavior.

This of course, at this point, is all rumor, but one of the articles posted in this thread indicates that the first two guys they killed in the ride by, were not his gang, which was in Ct.  but a local Boston gang who were trying to shake him down.  The eye shooting, was a friend, and took place in South Florida

Who knows at this point.  One thing is clear he never attempted to abandon the street life

This of course, at this point, is all rumor, but one of the articles posted in this thread indicates that the first two guys they killed in the ride by, were not his gang, which was in Ct.  but a local Boston gang who were trying to shake him down.  The eye shooting, was a friend, and took place in South Florida

Who knows at this point.  One thing is clear he never attempted to abandon the street life

and now he'll never walk the streets again 

i hear he doesn't even have radio where he is right now

Archived