The official "i wont root for the jets as long as vick is on the team" thread (merged)

ECURB

Political ethics (also known as political morality or public ethics) is the practice of making moral judgements about political action and political agents.[1] It covers two areas. The first is the ethics of process (or the ethics of office), which deals with public officials and the methods they use.[2] The second area, the ethics of policy (or ethics and public policy) concerns judgments about policies and laws.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ethics

i would consider capital punishment more of a criminal justice issue rather than political but i guess the lines are blurred

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can like dogs or not...but this dude drowned puppies and hung underperforming fighting dogs. sorry thats not forgiveable.

I understand that it's not forgivable. I don't like what he did, it just does not effect my life. The fact that he is a terrible QB is my concern.

Why can't this team ever have a good QB?

kinda like wanting the death penalty for a child murdering pedophile?

i am as big an animal lover as anyone. I have a 160 pound canary dog that is like my 4th child. but what the man did is not in the same realm as a child molester. what he did was commit a crime and he has paid the price. I am not going to hold against him what he has already paid for. what concerns me is what he does as a ny jet moving forward. I am not particularly fond of him as a qb, myself. but whats done is done. with any luck, geno progresses as a pro and we will not have to see vick take a meaningful snap

imo, mike vick is subhuman

Here's the "bigger point" to this signing:

If you have ONE rock, who are you going to throw it at, Mike Vick or Geno Smith?

if you can only make ONE sign, saying "______ Sucks!" and bring it to a game, who's name are you going to fill in, Vick or Geno?

Geno is a moldable talent who crumbles when the boo-birds come out, and now he's a default hero for the position on our team. 

See you when Vick is gone.

Signed a washed up scumbag, screw this team.

What do you mean?  You're leaving JN till he's gone?  We didnt do anything.

And as far as not rooting for them anymore, what if by chance Vick leads the Jets to the Super Bowl, still not rooting?

I am already seeing non-Jet fans calling the Jets a circus again on other forum sites and facebook.

Everyone is laughing at the Jets, except maybe philly fans

ohhh brother...

dude don't watch Blackfish - you won't be able to sleep.  Killer Whales are infinitely smarter than the most intelligent dog yet are being held captive in what amounts to a bathtub.  Their babies are taken from them and they are basically tortured so Sea World can sell Shamu t-shirts.  Sea World, Marine Land et al...  Circus.

i am as big an animal lover as anyone. I have a 160 pound canary dog that is like my 4th child. but what the man did is not in the same realm as a child molester. what he did was commit a crime and he has paid the price. I am not going to hold against him what he has already paid for. what concerns me is what he does as a ny jet moving forward. I am not particularly fond of him as a qb, myself. but whats done is done. with any luck, geno progresses as a pro and we will not have to see vick take a meaningful snap

my point wasnt that its in the same level of crime. someone made the comment that hoping for an injury to someone who did something bad is hypocritical. so in that case.....capital punishment for a murderer is also hypocritical. i dont agree. i think killing a child molester is perfectly acceptable punishment. just as i think mike vick breaking his leg is perfectly acceptable karma for what he's done....and i hope it happens.

What do you mean? You're leaving JN till he's gone? We didnt do anything.

And as far as not rooting for them anymore, what if by chance Vick leads the Jets to the Super Bowl, still not rooting?

I honestly don't want the Jets to win a superbowl with Vick.

i'm not gonna abandon the jets because i love football and i cant root for a differetn team. i will, however, be rooting daily for a career ending injury to vick.

Are you also rooting for a nuclear holocaust in South Korea?

They eat dog there like we eat cheeseburgers.

So I dont have high morals and ethics because I'm not hurt by this?

sorry, but to be ok with the Jets signing a guy who strangled dogs, and electrocuted them, it makes me say yes.

there is a reason why my facebook is lighting up with people laughing at the Jets, and why this forum is exploding with the hate for this signing.

I understand that people say Vick deserves a second chance, but not with me.  If I got a felon, I would not be able to work at my profession, as the state won't allow convicted felons, and insurance companies won't allow convicted felons with them, and there is a good reason for this.

Only Jet fans, who love their team, is overlooking this, just like when the Philly fans back then

From the USDA report:

The report shows that after failing an FBI polygraph test in October 2007 the former Atlanta Falcon quarterback recanted his denial and admitted taking part in the hanging of dogs from a nylon cord nailed to a tree and drowning others in a five gallon bucket of water.

Twice Vick put family pets into the fighting ring with pit bulls because he “thought it was funny to watch the pit bulls. . . injure or kill the other dogs.” Vick also admitted watching his friends hang, shoot and electrocute pit bulls.

How anyone can be ok with this signing is beyond me

It hurts our morals and ethics.  anyone with higher morals and ethics is hurt by this.

5 years ago I had a guy working for me who had done 11+ years for murder.  He was one of my best employees.  Came to work every day for 2 years, worked hard, was good at his job.

My problem with Vick is, he won't come to work every day, and he's not so good at his job

Are you also rooting for a nuclear holocaust in South Korea?

They eat dog there like we eat cheeseburgers.

big difference between killing an animal for food and drowning puppies because they dont appear to be aggressive enough and hanging dogs because they couldnt win in a forced fight to the death.

Enjoy Cheering for this guy:

The report shows that after failing an FBI polygraph test in October 2007 the former Atlanta Falcon quarterback recanted his denial and admitted taking part in the hanging of dogs from a nylon cord nailed to a tree and drowning others in a five gallon bucket of water.

Twice Vick put family pets into the fighting ring with pit bulls because he “thought it was funny to watch the pit bulls. . . injure or kill the other dogs.” Vick also admitted watching his friends hang, shoot and electrocute pit bulls.

goodbye Jets, it hurts to say this, but goodbye.  Izdik stabbed me in the back

What do you mean? You're leaving JN till he's gone? We didnt do anything.

I will lurk and occasionally chime in here, but the Jets are dead to me sibling as Vick is a member of the team.

Complete scumbag I will not be associated with. It is bad enough my tickets contribute to his pay. Thankfully myself and my family donate enough to dog rescues to offset it.

big difference between killing an animal for food and drowning puppies because they dont appear to be aggressive enough and hanging dogs because they couldnt win in a forced fight to the death.

Is it okay to fight roosters?

Is it okay to fish for recreation if you don't eat it (just puncture it's lip and deprive it of oxygen before returning it)?

Is it okay to kill bulls?

Is it okay to strap a horses nuts with a leather strap and ride it for 8 seconds?

Is it okay to cage a wild animal?

Is it okay to litter on the beach?

Is it okay to kill a mouse?

Is it okay pull the plug on a human?

Is it okay to slaughter farm animals for food?

Is it okay to genetically engineer animals for consumption?

Is it okay to take monkeys into space?

I don't know. I believe in what I believe, and when it comes to football I root for my favorite team to win.  Sports is a release from all the sh*t that's wrong in the world.  The southern states where dog fighting is the norm has plenty of other issues to deal with, including people killing, and race stuff.  I can't relate to a lot of it.  But this guy has been back in the league for 6 years. The crimes he committed occurred in 2006; EIGHT years ago.  I'm going to judge him on his utility to this team while he's here, and hope the Jets can improve from .500 this year.

Is it okay to fight roosters?

Is it okay to fish for recreation if you don't eat it (just puncture it's lip and deprive it of oxygen before returning it)?

Is it okay to kill bulls?

Is it okay to strap a horses nuts with a leather strap and ride it for 8 seconds?

Is it okay to cage a wild animal?

Is it okay to litter on the beach?

Is it okay to kill a mouse?

Is it okay pull the plug on a human?

Is it okay to slaughter farm animals for food?

Is it okay to genetically engineer animals for consumption?

Is it okay to take monkeys into space?

I don't know. I believe in what I believe, and when it comes to football I root for my favorite team to win.  Sports is a release from all the sh*t that's wrong in the world.  The southern states where dog fighting is the norm has plenty of other issues to deal with, including people killing, and race stuff.  I can't relate to a lot of it.  But this guy has been back in the league for 6 years. The crimes he committed occurred in 2006; EIGHT years ago.  I'm going to judge him on his utility to this team while he's here, and hope the Jets can improve from .500 this year.

hey i respect ur right to ur opinion. i might not agree but thats doesnt matter. my opinion is that i dont want him on the team...and if he's here i dont want him to succeed....and i'd like to see him break a leg as i believe he deserves pain and failure.

Archived