The official "i wont root for the jets as long as vick is on the team" thread (merged)

ECURB

I'm rooting for the Giants until this low life scumbag is off the team.

I'm going to call my credit card company tomorrow to see if I can fight for a refund on my 2014 Jets season tickets!!

EPHEW WOODY PECKER-HEAD JOHNSON!!!!!!!!

I can understand your feelings towards the Jets.  That said, there is a zero % chance that you will get a refund.  Do you own a PSL?  If so, you are stuck for a long time unfortunately.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, prison isn't about rehabilitation. Prison is for punishment. I don't care if he's tried to atone for what he did. He still did it, then was handed a $100M contract and forgiven by most of America.

But I don't have to forgive or forget. Anyone who did what he did is less than human. F*** Michael Vick.

Hey man, so now do you agree with me that Idzik had a terrible offseason?

Here's the e-mail that I sent to the New York Jets earlier tonight..

I am totally disgusted by the asinine decision by the New York Jets organization today to sign dog torturer, Michael Vick. 

I don’t know how Woody Johnson and John Idzik could make such a horrendous and insensitive move!!! 
This evil low life electrocuted, drowned, and shot dogs to death who weren’t skilled enough to fight successfully. 
Not to mention, he found enjoyment out of watching two dogs fight to the death!!!

Well, I want out!!! I do not want to renew my season tickets, and I will fight with my credit card company to get a refund of what I already paid!!!

Go to Hell, with Michael Vick!!!

The Jets care about two things (not necessarily in this order):

1.  Putting together the most talented team possible

2.  Selling as many seats as possible

The Jets ticket sales will not go down because of this signing.  Jersey sales will actually go up.  They weren't selling any more #6 jerseys.  Matt Simms isn't selling anything.  So the net here is:

• Increased merchandise sales
  • No negative impact on ticket sales
  • Roster was upgraded talent wise

Do you think they might take a hit in non-Vick merchandise though? I think it's possible, there are an awful lot of people spewing hate all over the Jets FB page now. I know that people are quicker to talk than to act, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a slight hit from this.

Could we have had a worse Free agency?

We signed the best Receiver available, replaced Howard. Those are the good moves.

The rest is None moves,and failing to sign anyone of note. We are in danger of failing the cap floor, and the Jets will be all but forced to sign Big next year.

We then cap it, by polarising the fan base in a hate frenzy over Michael Vick. Which the Jets are paying him $5 million Dollars to back up a second rounder making 600k.

I'm not so sure Vick don't start? - I love the Jets but if Vick starts it will defiantly change my outlook on the Team, the Coach, and the GM, who's gone down so much in my estimation in the last couple of weeks. It better be one hell of a Draft.

I am writing an editorial that I will publish tomorrow and this is my exact point.  Michael Vick is the backup QB of the NY Jets.  Read his quotes from his press conference, he basically said he is here to push Geno and make him the best he can be.  Sounds like the job of the backup QB to me.

i get the feeling vick will be starting......

What about people who paid for a PPV boxing match for a fighter who was promoted by Don King (which at 1 time was pretty much everyone). King stomped a human being to death who owed him $600. Where was the outrage for making a guy like that wealthy?

Oh snap , what position did Don King play for the jets?

I have been a Jets fan since 1965. A lot of bad years, but something about the last two years has really pissed me off. Maybe it was the ridiculous continual trading up to make horrendous draft picks, sacrificing depth at the same time. Maybe I just got tired of Rex's act on a losing team. But for the first time in all of those years, I actually purposely missed watching games. I even lost interest in football altogether. I hardly watched any other games. The last super bowl certainly did not reflame my passion. I bought a 1965 Ford Falcon and rebuilt the 289 engine. Spent more time with my family. Rescued a couple of kittens. I hired a martial arts instructor to give me one on one personal training. It was not so bad.

And then I hear they signed Vick. Really? You have to be kidding me. He is over the hill, injury prone, and most importantly, a despicable human being. Why don't they sign Jim Brown? He is really over the hill, but at least he is a man. I am beyond disgusted.

I will always be a Jets fan. But I am running out of time to see that second super bowl win that as a teenager in 1969, I thought would have happened a long time ago.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals who can bear to watch this circus. You are true football fanatics. And there is nothing wrong with that. I have found better things to do. For now ...

<p>

The Jets care about two things (not necessarily in this order):

1. Putting together the most talented team possible

2. Selling as many seats as possible

The Jets ticket sales will not go down because of this signing. Jersey sales will actually go up. They weren't selling any more #6 jerseys. Matt Simms isn't selling anything. So the net here is:

• Increased merchandise sales
  • No negative impact on ticket sales
  • Roster was upgraded talent wise

Except the upgrade was minimal if at all. Vick is not a clear upgrade from Sanchez. The roster as a whole has not gotten better this offseason. It's delusional I think otherwise.

You dumb asses that are only mentioning dog fighting are missing the point of why people hate Vick. Fighting dogs is what it is. He beat, drown, hung, electrocuted and tortured dogs that didn't fight well. On top of finding strays taping their mouth shut and throwing them in a pit with a fighting dog to rip apart.

He enjoyed watching animals suffer. Normal human beings don't enjoy that. He's not right in the head and sucks as a QB.

Except the upgrade was minimal if at all. Vick is not a clear upgrade from Sanchez. The roster as a whole has not gotten better this offseason. It's delusional I think otherwise.

Vick is WAY better than Sanchez.

&amp;nbsp;

I have been a Jets fan since 1965. A lot of bad years, but something about the last two years has really pissed me off. Maybe it was the ridiculous continual trading up to make horrendous draft picks, sacrificing depth at the same time. Maybe I just got tired of Rex's act on a losing team. But for the first time in all of those years, I actually purposely missed watching games. I even lost interest in football altogether. I hardly watched any other games. The last super bowl certainly did not reflame my passion. I bought a 1965 Ford Falcon and rebuilt the 289 engine. Spent more time with my family. Rescued a couple of kittens. I hired a martial arts instructor to give me one on one personal training. It was not so bad.

&amp;nbsp;

And then I hear they signed Vick. Really? You have to be kidding me. He is over the hill, injury prone, and most importantly, a despicable human being. Why don't they sign Jim Brown? He is really over the hill, but at least he is a man. I am beyond disgusted.

I will always be a Jets fan. But I am running out of time to see that second super bowl win that as a teenager in 1969, I thought would have happened a long time ago.

&amp;nbsp;

Good luck to all of you guys and gals who can bear to watch this circus. You are true football fanatics. And there is nothing wrong with that. I have found better things to do. For now ...

Well said.

I don't see a plan, I see a franchise that wanders from one big usually dumb idea to another.This is a refelction of the idiot named Woody Johnson.Throw this spoiled brat shiny trinkets (MICHAEL VICK! TIM TEBOW!) and he jumps like a badly-trained puppy(that hasn't been killed by Vick's gang). I don't see the Steelers, Pats, Jints or Niners run like this.Heck, the Raiders under Reggie Mckenzie are now run better; go freaking figure. And again they could've hired guys from those quality franchises in either Gamble or Ross. Instead we got some old guy who's bounced around forever, but had little to do with any success in Seattle nor Denver.He was simply there. In fact seems like neither franchise thought much of him. Like Wrecks. Yes, hire these guys. Good luck.

To all the people going completely crazy over this signing I have a question....do you guys seriously root for the Jets (or any other team for that matter) because you think the people wearing their jersey are good people? These guys are in the NFL because they are good at one thing. FOOTBALL. They're not there because they are upstanding citizens or good role models. They're there because they can play a sport really well and that's why we watch them. Vick wasn't hired to teach your kids or lead the country or influence people in any way....He was signed to be the back up QB incase our starter gets hurt because, in the simpliest of terms, he can throw the football well and run really fast. If you watch sports to cheer for good human beings then it's gotta be rough because unfortunately there are a lot worse people than Vick out there.

*Edit*

Every once in a while you do find someone that is both an amazing player and a truly good person and that makes it more fun to root for their success but let's face it, it's rare.

I certainly understand if people who love dogs can never forgive or forget what Vick did.  That being said, he paid his debt to society and has a right to earn a living now.  I don't think a reasonable person would have advocated the death penalty for what he did.  He has been a model citizen by all accounts since returning to the league, and raises money and awareness for the humane treatment of animals, so maybe something good has come out of his former reprehensible behavior.  He was a good teammate and locker room leader in Philly, and helped hold the team together during the Riley Cooper fallout.  Football wise, he is certainly a better backup than Simms, and could very well win games for us if Geno is injured or doesn't show improvement from last year.  He also was relatively cheap and came with no long term committment.  It seems like a win-win situation to me.  Hopefully he never plays and Geno becomes a franchise QB.

To all the people going completely crazy over this signing I have a question....do you guys seriously root for the Jets (or any other team for that matter) because you think the people wearing their jersey are good people? These guys are in the NFL because they are good at one thing. FOOTBALL. They're not there because they are upstanding citizens or good role models. They're there because they can play a sport really well and that's why we watch them. Vick wasn't hired to teach your kids or lead the country or influence people in any way....He was signed to be the back up QB incase our starter gets hurt because, in the simpliest of terms, he can throw the football well and run really fast. If you watch sports to cheer for good human beings then it's gotta be rough because unfortunately there are a lot worse people than Vick out there.

*Edit*

Every once in a while you do find someone that is both an amazing player and a truly good person and that makes it more fun to root for their success but let's face it, it's rare.

Agreed,.nice job this sums it up for me also.

I am new here and I haven't built up any capital, but beyond the general anger about Vick as a questionable football move AND a horrible character move is a feeling that the Jets cannot move past their organizational culture of failure.  I don't mean just wins and loses as it was not that long ago they went to back to back Conference Championship Games. However they just fail at any sustained effort to make themselves a top class organization. Why not make personnel moves that will not only make the team better, but also bring pride and cohesion to their fan base? Isn't that what "Jets Nation" means?

The rest of my family are Giants fans and I hate to admit it, but the Giants run their football team with a sense of responsibility to their brand the Jets do not. Mock me if you will, but the Jets branding remains associated with a circus. This latest move only highlights that perception. I am not quitting, but nobody can say this move was a positive step in that direction. At best, Vick plays well for a few games (Vick is not known for more).

I am new here and I haven't built up any capital, but beyond the general anger about Vick as a questionable football move AND a horrible character move is a feeling that the Jets cannot move past their organizational culture of failure. I don't mean just wins and loses as it was not that long ago they went to back to back Conference Championship Games. However they just fail at any sustained effort to make themselves a top class organization. Why not make personnel moves that will not only make the team better, but also bring pride and cohesion to their fan base? Isn't that what "Jets Nation" means?

The rest of my family are Giants fans and I hate to admit it, but the Giants run their football team with a sense of responsibility to their brand the Jets do not. Mock me if you will, but the Jets branding remains associated with a circus. This latest move only highlights that perception. I am not quitting, but nobody can say this move was a positive step in that direction. At best, Vick plays well for a few games (Vick is not known for more).

This is all true. While I don't agree that the Giants are necessarily committed to bringing in Boy Scouts, they do obsessively cultivate a professional image, from the owner on down. The Jets sort of revel in looking like counter-culture roughnecks, which is only amusing when they win.

This is all true. While I don't agree that the Giants are necessarily committed to bringing in Boy Scouts, they do obsessively cultivate a professional image, from the owner on down. The Jets sort of revel in looking like counter-culture roughnecks, which is only amusing when they win.

I agree and have no problem being the anti-Giants in some ways. In other words, I think a lot of us would embrace that counter- culture, as long as it is not deeply rooted in stupidity.

Archived