Stephen Hill

joewilly12

ESPN New York confirms the Jets' "patience is wearing thin" with third-year WR Stephen Hill.

The Jets aren't counting on Hill as anything more than a No. 4 receiver coming off two injury- and dropped-filled seasons. His roster spot is in jeopardy, and ESPN's Rich Cimini fully expects the Jets to draft a receiver in the first two rounds to complement Eric Decker. Hill has 4.36 speed and ideal size, but has been a major disappointment since being the 43rd overall pick in 2012.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hill had a "decent" year minus injuries.

I would certainly say he progressed from the year before.

If he improves AGAIN this year he wouldnt be a half bad 3rd/4th option at a cheap rate.

I still think Hill can be serviceable...but he may never live up to the 2nd round, trade up for guy most will never let him forget he is.

Hill had a "decent" year minus injuries.

I would certainly say he progressed from the year before.

If he improves AGAIN this year he wouldnt be a half bad 3rd/4th option at a cheap rate.

I still think Hill can be serviceable...but he may never live up to the 2nd round, trade up for guy most will never let him forget he is.

Keep in mind that Hill is only 22.  Most players being drafted this year are 22.

Keep in mind that Hill is only 22.  Most players being drafted this year are 22.

wow.  I didn't realize that

I'd let him come to camp and compete, maybe he needs to feel threatened, that his draft status isn't keeping him around anymore

No upside in cutting him, I'm not confident he will ever truly be an effective receiver because he is not a naturally smooth runner or catcher but cutting him when he is making 900k and no other receivers really demanding a roster spot would be bad management

He was drafted in April.

Your argument was that Rex started him when he was too raw, not that he  was incapable of filling a roster with adequate skill-position players. Are we arguing that Rex is an incompetent general manager or a poor developer of talent? 

This isn't even mentioning that Hill had 90 yards and 2 tds in his first game, who in their right mind sits him after that?

Your argument was that Rex started him when he was too raw, not that he was incapable of filling a roster with adequate skill-position players. Are we arguing that Rex is an incompetent general manager or a poor developer of talent?

This isn't even mentioning that Hill had 90 yards and 2 tds in his first game, who in their right mind sits him after that?

Rex announced he was the starter in April. My argument is that Rex is a moron who shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of a young player that doesn't play on the DL.

Rex announced he was the starter in April. My argument is that Rex is a moron who shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of a young player that doesn't play on the DL.

By all accounts, including yours, he does keep away from them. I don't understand how Rex can have the stigma of not even attending offensive meetings, yet still get blamed for the players who falter. The player which he had no contact with. Haven't we already had the discussion of positional coaches at great lengths?  You give dunbar all the credit for creating our defensive line, who happens to be a positional coach, but when our WRs fail, it's not the positional coach's fault, it's Rex's?  The guy is by no means a brilliant developer of offensive skill-position talent, but you go out of your way to criticize the guy.

You're confusing Rex's jackassness with what actually happened. He predicted that Hill and Coples would crack the starting lineup in April, he didn't officially name Hill to start opposite Holmes until September.

By all accounts, including yours, he does keep away from them. I don't understand how Rex can have the stigma of not even attending offensive meetings, yet still get blamed for the players who falter. The player which he had no contact with. Haven't we already had the discussion of positional coaches at great lengths? You give dunbar all the credit for creating our defensive line, who happens to be a positional coach, but when our WRs fail, it's not the positional coach's fault, it's Rex's? The guy is by no means a brilliant developer of offensive skill-position talent, but you go out of your way to criticize the guy.

I don't give Dunbar all the credit, despite the fact that the man has produced elite DLs wherever he's been. As it relates to Hill, Rex announced he was the starter right after drafting him. That was idiotic.

Archived