Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cimini's Source: QB Jimmy Garoppolo visits Jets

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

One of the most intriguing quarterbacks in the draft -- Jimmy Garoppolo -- is visiting Wednesday with the New York Jets, according to a league source. 

The Jets bolstered the quarterback position by signing Michael Vick to a one-year contract, but they're obviously doing their homework for the draft. Garoppolo, who broke Tony Romo's school records at Eastern Illinois, is interesting because he's considered a top-40 pick. If he doesn't sneak into the bottom of the first round, he could very well be picked at the top of the second by a team such as the Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 39). The Jets own the 49th pick. 

The Jets also have met this week with Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas, although he's regarded as a mid-round prospect. 

Could the Jets select a quarterback one year after taking Geno Smith with the 39th overall choice? It would be a surprise if they grab a quarterback in the top three rounds, but never say never. We're talking about a general manager, John Idzik, who belonged to the Seattle Seahawks when they drafted Russell Wilson in the third round even though they had signed Matt Flynn to a significant free-agent contract.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Posted · Report post

The Gino Carmazzi theory of drafting QB's dictates all italian QBs are awesome, except for Gino Carmazzi. 

Really hope this guy drops to a point where Idzik would consider it value. but fear he goes in rd 1. 

Teams make 1st round QB reaches every year. The supply is just too barren. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

vick is a 1 year rental.  geno is geno

I could see them taking a QB in rd 3 fo sho

rd 2 ?  if a guy slides, why not

Edited by Larz

Posted · Report post

The Gino Carmazzi theory of drafting QB's dictates all italian QBs are awesome, except for Gino Carmazzi. 

Posted · Report post

LOL...that movie is awesome 

Posted · Report post

Never heard of him. 

Posted · Report post

Really hope this guy drops to a point where Idzik would consider it value. but fear he goes in rd 1. 

Teams make 1st round QB reaches every year. The supply is just too barren. 

Once Garoppolo whips up a pot of his family-recipe ragu alla bolognese, Idzik'll trade everything to move up and take him at 1 overall.

Posted · Report post

Not a fan of Geno, but we can't bring a qb in in the first 3 rounds. Would absolutely destroy any confidence he has left.

First Vick, then a draft pick.

We should've never drafted Geno in the first place, but now that we have, give him a shot.

Posted · Report post

I don't even know what a whirling dervish is but that's what they're like.

Italians in leadership positions are typically low character guys, pass. I've seen plenty of movies and Columbus was an evil dude that played for Spain, butt fumbling his way to the the wrong continent.

Edited by SayNoToDMC

Posted · Report post

if he is there with our 3rd go for it but we need playmakers now that we can draft with 1st and 2nd

Posted · Report post

Once Garoppolo whips up a pot of his family-recipe ragu alla bolognese, Idzik'll trade everything to move up and take him at 1 overall.

this thread makes me want to have a hero for lunch. with MUZZARELL and GABBAGOOOL

Posted · Report post

He will be picked near the top of the second round by one of the QB needy teams that bypasses the suspects in round 1.

Of course you Jersey guys love bashing guineas.  The worst examples of our people live in your state. 

Edited by sourceworx

Posted · Report post

GABBAGOOOOL ....Delicious! LOL!

Man, it reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Peter Griffen believes he can speak Italian because he has a moustache "Bappity Boopy? BAPPITY BOOPY? You no understand italian!"

LL

Posted · Report post

Of course you Jersey guys love bashing guineas. The worst examples of our people live in your state.

Jersey annexed Staten Island? I had no idea.

Posted · Report post

if idzik doesn't have to spring for dinner, consider him signed.

Posted · Report post

Italians in leadership positions are typically low character guys, pass. I've seen plenty of movie and Columbus was an evil dude that played for Spain, butt fumbling his way to the the wrong continent.

Joe Montana called, said you are the Fredo Corleone of JN

Posted · Report post

Of course you Jersey guys love bashing guineas.  The worst examples of our people visit the beaches in your state every summer and make complete asses of themselves. 

fixed

Was he in the third movie? That was my favorite one

Edited by SayNoToDMC

Posted · Report post

e4qYqcQ.gif

Posted · Report post

Was he in the third movie? That was my favorite one

4th

Posted · Report post

We can't really afford to take a QB in the top 3 rounds... If one of the top 3 QBs falls to round 2-3 then we should consider it, otherwise our focus should be on CB, WR, S, and TE.

Posted · Report post

enjoying some baked ziti today and hoping that the Jets draft Jimmy G 

Posted · Report post

enjoying some baked ziti today and hoping that the Jets draft Jimmy G 

Nice.....If the Jets draft him I am asking my wife to make a nice lasagna with a couple of braciole. Of course knock down some campari and soda, maybe a little grappa and celebrate.