Fans To Throw Penalty Flag on Idzik Final Home Game

flgreen

NY Jets fan behind the ‘Fire John Idzik’ campaign plan to throw penalty flag at GM during final home game

The group announced Thursday that Dec. 21, the Jets' final home game, will be 'Penalty Flag Day' and they will distribute yellow towels that will read 'Attention Woody, Fire Idzik! Clean house!'

BY JOHN HEALY NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, December 4, 2014, 4:05 PM A A A

FIREJOHNIDZIK.COM

Jets fans are throwing a flag on John Idzik.

The fans behind the "Fire John Idzik" billboards announced Thursday that Dec. 21, the Jets' final home game, will be "Penalty Flag Day" and they will distribute yellow towels that will read "Attention Woody, Fire Idzik! Clean house!"

The fans joined forces with the group that flew the "Fire Idzik" banner over practice after they noticed fans were being ejected from MetLife Stadium for bringing signs demanding the GM be fired.

Signs and banners are against MetLife Stadium policy, but towels are not.

A plane with a banner reading 'FIRE JOHN IDZIK' is seen over Jets practice on Nov. 5.

The "penalty flags" will be distributed at sports bars across the New York City metro to anyone with a ticket to the game. One ticket will equal five towels.

Firejohnidzik.com concluded their announcement by saying:

"If Steeler fans can wave their 'Terrible Towels' in our building, then Jets fans surely have their right to wave our 'Penalty Flags.'"

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are children who won't have a Christmas because their families are struggling, and then there are stupid things like this. Hope they have fun.

PSLs and season tickets to a worthless season cost more than these towels. Will you be donating to any families in need this holiday season? 

Like the billboard scam artist told us right here at the Nation....

"Our cause is not interested in media attention, we turn it down"

Liars

Phonies

Media whores

You said you were done responding. 

unnamed_zpsac152b5a.jpg

Like the billboard scam artist told us right here at the Nation....

"Our cause is not interested in media attention, we turn it down"

Liars

Phonies

Media whores

you are nothing more than a liar so stop twisting my words. I never once said that our cause is not interested in media attention. We absolutely want attention of the media to apply as much pressure as possible on ownership. What I said - and what you accuse us of - is the founders trying to get 15 minutes of fame and self promoting. That couldn't be further from the truth. 

So give it up already. You lost this argument about 4 weeks ago. First we were thieves who would never put up a billboard. Then the billboard went up. Then we were skimming money off of the top because the billboards cost nothing. So I posted our finances. Then we are media whores. When does it end, man. It's ok. Just say "I was wrong" and I will send you a t-shirt AND a towel to wipe your tears.

Gather some perspective. You chose to pay the Jets.

Now, who looks stupid? :)

You do.. and so does anybody else who chooses to tell adults how to spend their hard earned money. What you find to be "stupid" others might not.

Why not go preach to the people on the beer line that their $12 beer would be better spent on homeless children. Or go out to any restaurant in America and preach to the people buying $53 steaks the same message. Maybe the sneaker store where people buy $100 Nikes instead of going to payless for a $15 pair.

People have the right to do WHATEVER they want with their money. Get off of your high horse.

Already have, as I have done for many years. And I am no saint

Why spend your money to help those in need when you can pool it with others in an attempt to cost a stranger their means of providing for their family with the hopes that maybe it improves your leisure activity?

Why spend your money to help those in need when you can pool it with others in an attempt to cost a stranger their means of providing for their family with the hopes that maybe it improves your leisure activity?

Or give it to so called charitable organizations where employees make 6 figures and drive luxury cars. 

you are nothing more than a liar so stop twisting my words. I never once said that our cause is not interested in media attention. We absolutely want attention of the media to apply as much pressure as possible on ownership. What I said - and what you accuse us of - is the founders trying to get 15 minutes of fame and self promoting. That couldn't be further from the truth. 

So give it up already. You lost this argument about 4 weeks ago. First we were thieves who would never put up a billboard. Then the billboard went up. Then we were skimming money off of the top because the billboards cost nothing. So I posted our finances. Then we are media whores. When does it end, man. It's ok. Just say "I was wrong" and I will send you a t-shirt AND a towel to wipe your tears.

Those flags are cool but somewhere (on the back?) it should have the game date (or maybe also Patriots vs Jets) to give it more historical value. 

The world is a great place I see help wanted signs everywhere yet I see many who would rather sit home and collect a paycheck,food stamps,free health care,free cell phones who always have money for booze,drugs and cigarettes are never subjected to drug testing and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them around the holidays? 

The world is a great place I see help wanted signs everywhere yet I see many who would rather sit home and collect a paycheck,food stamps,free health care,free cell phones who always have money for booze,drugs and cigarettes are never subjected to drug testing and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them around the holidays?

I refuse to believe that you're gainfully employed, sir.

God Bless you reminder you can't tell people how to spend their money. This Jets protest is long overdue years this team has been ruining peoples lives and taking a lot of  money from fans for nothing. 

Ruining peoples' lives? You do realize this is a game.  If a game is ruining your life, then that life is pretty sad to begin with.  I mean, seriously, some people are getting way too worked up over a game.  This isn't life or death.  Stop pretending it is.

I do and i donate to a very charitable organization foundation for cancer. 

Dont tell me how to spend my money and I won't tell you how to spend yours. 

Did I tell you how to spend your money?  I assuredly did not.  However, your right to spend your money how you like does not place you above criticism.

Need to keep politics out of this, but much like many of your other posts, you have exactly zero clue what you're talking about.

There are children who won't have a Christmas because their families are struggling, and then there are stupid things like this. Hope they have fun.

Lighten up sinead oconnor, sports is an escape from all that. Thanks for making us all feel like sh*t lol

You do.. and so does anybody else who chooses to tell adults how to spend their hard earned money. What you find to be "stupid" others might not.

Why not go preach to the people on the beer line that their $12 beer would be better spent on homeless children. Or go out to any restaurant in America and preach to the people buying $53 steaks the same message. Maybe the sneaker store where people buy $100 Nikes instead of going to payless for a $15 pair.

People have the right to do WHATEVER they want with their money. Get off of your high horse.

First off, I love what you're doing against Idzik. It's great.

However, I am concerned that by your lack of messaging against Rex Ryan you're making it out as if he's innocent and deserves to stay.

Tell me I've got that wrong please.

SAR I

PSLs and season tickets to a worthless season cost more than these towels. Will you be donating to any families in need this holiday season?

You can feel free to buy my remaining season tickets at face value and then donate them to any charity of your choosing.

SAR I

Archived