NFL's Los Angeles Arms Race (Rams, Chargers, Raiders)

Morrissey

That's my point, if Woody played his cards right, he would have made Silver look like a friggn' hero and the WSS would have been the 2nd greatest structure in Manhattan behind the new WTC tower.

You don't have the foggiest idea of NYC politics. Seriously, just stop.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my point, if Woody played his cards right, he would have made Silver look like a friggn' hero and the WSS would have been the 2nd greatest structure in Manhattan behind the new WTC tower.

There were no cards to play with Dolan and Silver in the mix. It was going to get blocked regardless.

• 8 months later...

If Woody had guaranteed petty little Jimmy Dolan a guaranteed band gig at the new stadium, the Jets would have been golden.  

Jets fans should be boycotting Optimum, the Knicks and the Rangers.

Dolan had that crooked and corrupt POS Silver in his back pocket. What a corrupt political mess NYS is.  Both the Mayor of NYC and the Governor of NYS wanted the Jets in Manhattan and it still couldn't get done!

It is long overdue to have franchises in LA but I feel rather bad for the fans of teams that have supported their teams for years and years and have the rug pulled out from under them due to business decisions.

Fans in all pro sports get the royal shaft, when their teams move it is a 'business decision', when players leave for higher money it is a 'business decision' when they possibly face tax burdens becasue rich sports teams insist on public funds for stadiums and arenas it is a 'business decision' but when it comes time for the fans to open the wallets for tickets and merchandise for teams run by bumpkins that put a horrible product on the field or ice for years and years they are supposed to 'support' their team and if they don't they are bad fans.

Rams/Chargers feels like the favorites to move to LA.

Yes the Raiders look like they will get shutout from LA, but the NFL should take care of them for being the team that lost out.    NFL owners will pay a big chunk of the Raiders new stadium. Wherever it is Oakland , or San Antonio  Texas.

My second favorite team in the 70's and 80's.........The Los Angeles Rams. The had so many great players, Snow, Gabriel, McCutcheon, Deacon, Youngblood, Reynolds, Jackson, Hadl, Tyler,  Cappelletti, Elmendorf, Olsen.  Great teams.

What about Vince Ferragamo?

The Los Angeles Relocation Committee made up of some heavy hitter owners actually recommended the Raider/Charger Stadium in Carson.

committee actually recommended that plan prior to the 1st vote, it's pretty telling that it didn't seem to matter. and everyone ive talked to or heard from say that Carson would be a disaster and that Inglewood (near the Forum) would be the ideal location.

My second favorite team in the 70's and 80's.........The Los Angeles Rams. The had so many great players, Snow, Gabriel, McCutcheon, Deacon, Youngblood, Reynolds, Jackson, Hadl, Tyler,  Cappelletti, Elmendorf, Olsen.  Great teams.

The best was the full name on the 2 Youngblood's on defense.  Also, how about Billy Waddy, Frank Corral (for some reason I was a fan), Dennis Harrah, Jackie Slater, Nolan Cromwell, Fred Dryer ("Hunter") and Elvis Peacock (just for the name).

Yes the Raiders look like they will get shutout from LA, but the NFL should take care of them for being the team that lost out.    NFL owners will pay a big chunk of the Raiders new stadium. Wherever it is Oakland , or San Antonio  Texas.

Or Vegas? :)  The NFL could finally admit to being in bed with gambling.

Archived