"..3 Potential Landing spots for colin kaepernick "... yup, we're one of them ~ ~ ~ Article dated March 9, 2015

kelly

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 49'ers fell apart as a team last year starting at the head coaching position. This team is already stacked. A weapon at QB like Kap makes the NY Jets explosive. I see quite a few post about "if only Geno can play good enough to be middle of the road at QB". Well here is a middle of the road QB that may be available.

Get him Mac.

If Bowles, Mac and Gailey are on board I'm all for it. Bowles faced him 2 times a year the past few years, so he knows the type of player Kap is and the problems he can present to a defense.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is not a shot at you, but that's also the rationale Rex used and stated to the press in bringing in Holmes & Tebow.

I'm skeptical of that line of thinking.

True, but we would be pretty loaded with talent for the next 2 years, and beyond that horizon we will be running into personel/money issues with Cro, Marshall, Revis, Mo, Richardson anyway.

I think we have some good long term players and a long term path here, but if we are going to make use of some excellent players we have right now it would seem we may need to be bold with a qb pickup if it is possible.

The Jets have very little guaranteed money after '17.

No thanks. Not interested. Dude has looked like crap every game I've watched him in for the past couple of years. If they're going to mortgage the next few years, let it be for a proven commodity (which I know is not available), but please not this turd.

This.

Watch him play, before pining for him. He is more of the same at QB. Bad decision making, no touch on his throws, can't throw WRs open, he is just athletic, not much else. I honestly don't think he takes us much further than Geno.

He's not Russell Wilson. Not even close.

Do you guys pay attention to what's going on in other divisions?

The Niners had injuries on their Oline, devastating injuries on defense, their secondary has NEVER been as good as what the Jets have this year even when they went to 3 AFCGs.

It hurts a QB when the head coach is known to be leaving. That entire team were like zombies last year.

Do you notice that Crabtree was one of the last WRs to be signed in free agency?

I saw Kap walk into Gillette a few years back & rip through them like butter!

Dude needs a restart.

If his contract is 17 million that's not too bad.

If he's truly available like someone said in an earlier post, Bowles has gone up against him to know if he's worth it.

He might not even be available. But if he is he'd instantly be our best QB.

I'm sure the Niners scored more points than the Jets when Sanchez was our QB.

Do you guys pay attention to what's going on in other divisions?

The Niners had injuries on their Oline, devastating injuries on defense, their secondary has NEVER been as good as what the Jets have this year even when they went to 3 AFCGs.

It hurts a QB when the head coach is known to be leaving. That entire team were like zombies last year.

Do you notice that Crabtree was one of the last WRs to be signed in free agency?

I saw Kap walk into Gillette a few years back & rip through them like butter!

Dude needs a restart.

If his contract is 17 million that's not too bad.

If he's truly available like someone said in an earlier post, Bowles has gone up against him to know if he's worth it.

He might not even be available. But if he is he'd instantly be our best QB.

I'm sure the Niners scored more points than the Jets when Sanchez was our QB.

This.

Kap is an instant upgrade, I don't seethis trade happening. I would take Kap in a heartbeat with our D and our new offensive weapons, we could be a serious threat. He is better than any QB on the roster, we will not be picking in the top 2-4 next year with our schedule and re-vamped D. I can't see the Niners trading Kap, makes no sense, who would be their QB?

The 49'ers fell apart as a team last year starting at the head coaching position. This team is already stacked. A weapon at QB like Kap makes the NY Jets explosive. I see quite a few post about "if only Geno can play good enough to be middle of the road at QB". Well here is a middle of the road QB that may be available.

Get him Mac.

He does fall into the category of above average QB. That said I wouldn't trade MO for him rather trade him to a bad team for next years #1 pick to use on Cook, etc...

He does fall into the category of above average QB. That said I wouldn't trade MO for him rather trade him to a bad team for next years #1 pick to use on Cook, etc...

I don't think Mo is worth trading for Kap either unless we just cannot sign him. The Jets will not have a top 10 draft pick next year. If SF is sincere about this trade, they may take Geno, and a draft pick for him. Clears up some cap space for them and adds a 1st or 2nd rounder. I would think that Kap with a fresh start is better than 16th as an NFL QB.

This franchise has almost gone 50 years between SB appearances. That's a looooong time.

I don't think Mo is worth trading for Kap either unless we just cannot sign him. The Jets will not have a top 10 draft pick next year. If SF is sincere about this trade, they may take Geno, and a draft pick for him. Clears up some cap space for them and adds a 1st or 2nd rounder. I would think that Kap with a fresh start is better than 16th as an NFL QB.

This franchise has almost gone 50 years between SB appearances. That's a looooong time.

Agree, it makes sense especially subtracting Geno. I've said it before I will not waste my Sundays at the stadium if Geno is playing like garbage again. Getting Revis back stopped me from selling my PSL's for a lose but I'm not dealing with the Geno BS again!

Agree, it makes sense especially subtracting Geno. I've said it before I will not waste my Sundays at the stadium if Geno is playing like garbage again. Getting Revis back stopped me from selling my PSL's for a lose but I'm not dealing with the Geno BS again!

Lol. Kap's value is certainly low right now. I think Geno has to be part of any trade for Kap by the Jets. Can't see him staying here. Now is the time to pull the lever ona deal like this for NY. Makes the Jets instant contenders is any SB preseason conversation.

The most prominent weakness on this team is QB. Veteran players like Brick, Harris, Cro and Mangold are owed by this franchise to win or at least provided the best opportunity to win it all.

Go get him Mac.

Lol. Kap's value is certainly low right now. I think Geno has to be part of any trade for Kap by the Jets. Can't see him staying here. Now is the time to pull the lever ona deal like this for NY. Makes the Jets instant contenders is any SB preseason conversation.

The most prominent weakness on this team is QB. Veteran players like Brick, Harris, Cro and Mangold are owed by this franchise to win or at least provided the best opportunity to win it all.

Go get him Mac.

I agree big Geno Smith supporter but anytime you have an opportunity to acquire a QB like Kaepernick you need to do it

Welp, that just says it all about this fan base.

Hey would you take Russell Wilson? Nah, overrated.

How about Kaepernick? Nah, one trick pony.

Has anybody been watching our QB play? LMAO!

I know I'm in the minority right now but I don't think we need a QB that will consume 90% of what we have left under the cap - not with the defense we have. In fact, I think Geno has had enough good games to show that he clearly has the talent and ability to be a solid NFL starter, and that his problems are mostly in his head. if Gailey and Bowles can get Geno to cut down just half of his turnovers and get him to be disciplined enough to be more consistent and make better decisions, we will be a very strong contender this year.

The Jets made a SB run with an excellent Defensive team and a strong running game.  The idiots that ran the Jets gave a huge contract to the QB and lived to regret it.

The 49ers made a SB run with an excellent defensive team and a strong running game. The idiots that ran the team gave the QB a huge contract and now realize they were wrong. 

The Seahawks made a SB run, won the SB  and lost another behind an excellent defensive team and a strong running game . The men that run the team are struggling to decide if they want to give their QB a huge contract.  The word "Idiots" is waiting to be administered. 

None of these QBs can carry a team by themselves, and should not be paid as if they could. All of them fell into excellent situations and benefitted from them tremendously .

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Wilson finished number 8 in the link that was posted here and he HAS a SB Ring in two appearances. Kap finished at 16 last season as per that same link.

Sanchez is listed with Foles at 20. Geno is lower than that and neither one of them have ever sniffed the SB. Luck has NO RIng. So just what are you stating?

Wilson finished number 8 in the link that was posted here and he HAS a SB Ring in two appearances. Kap finished at 16 last season as per that same link.

Sanchez is listed with Foles at 20. Geno is lower than that and neither one of them have ever sniffed the SB. Luck has NO RIng. So just what are you stating?

If this was in response to my post, the answer to your Question is the last line in that post.

Bill Cartwright has quite a few NBA championship rings.  Was he a better player than Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing  ?

Eli has 2 SB rings, and Peyton has 1.  What say ye ?

Yes they are but he's not that good. Is he better then Geno? obviously. Is he good enough to bring us the the SB? Probably not.

He was one play away from beating BALT in the Super Bowl. Plus he seems to turn it up a notch come playoff time. I think he's more than good enough (with this defense) to win a title.

Though people who think that Mo and a 2nd round pick would get this done are absolutely delusional. Call WFAN overnight with that nonsense.

I wonder if this fan base realizes that the Jets are in the process of doing what we all want even if it's not in the manner we all would have liked.  The kitchen is a mess, but the raw materials have been placed into the fire.  We are either going to get a cake or start the process all over again.

If this was in response to my post, the answer to your Question is the last line in that post.

Bill Cartwright has quite a few NBA championship rings.  Was he a better player than Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing  ?

Eli has 2 SB rings, and Peyton has 1.  What say ye ?

Satch Sanders has 8 rings with the Celtics. It takes a team to win any title. The Jets have many of the makings currently to compete for the NFL title. Kap would surely make a stronger presentation for the Jets than Geno.

Go get him Mac.

I wonder if this fan base realizes that the Jets are in the process of doing what we all want even if it's not in the manner we all would have liked.  The kitchen is a mess, but the raw materials have been placed into the fire.  We are either going to get a cake or start the process all over again.

The primary point at question is the QB. Kap is clearly better than Geno. Your argument holds no water. In fact it is vaporizing.

The primary point at question is the QB. Kap is clearly better than Geno. Your argument holds no water. In fact it is vaporizing.

That's your point, and you're welcome to it. My point is developing a QB , not paying the bill for someone's mistake.  Kap's contract is a problem when compared to his ability as an NFL QB.

Is he a better QB than Geno Smith today ?   I have no idea . He used what he had to the best of his ability and it got him where he is. Great for him and those who believe in him.

I don't, just like I don't believe in Paying Russell Wilson like he's Joe Montana.

Archived