Would Jets be interested in Austin Howard trade

Raideraholic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many people need to eat crow on this one it's not even funny.  The sky was falling when we lost Howard.

While it's true that Breno Giacommini wasn't very good for us last season, I think there's at least some hope for him in the new zone blocking scheme we'll be running.  But imagine if we'd paid Howard even bigger dollars to look completely lost out there?  

Yup, the hate was strong. 

The more time goes by the more we see that Idzick didnt do as bad as we like to say he did. Not taking away what he actually did (or didnt do) of course, but Jet fans were really jumping ship with this guy.

Revis turned 30 today. Now name give us a list of names of best in the league CBs who fell apart on their 30th birthdays. And no matter how loud you say it, Revis is still in any conversation of league best. Sorry.

Reminds me of the old days when you argued that Aso was better than Revis.

Now explain why the Pats will get a 3rd for not retaining Revis.

I think Raiderhomerificfan explained his thoughts very clearly the other day on this topic,

Revis is no where near the best corner in the league anymore.  He's still elite.  But no where near #1.  Because that makes sense.  :animal0029:

Now explain why the Pats will get a 3rd for not retaining Revis.

It makes no sense in terms of logic. Absent any affirmative action being taken by NE, Revis would be a Patriot this season. Semantics aside, they cut him. And you don't get comp picks for players you cut.

But when I thought it was that way in March, like you now, I looked around. And it seems the semantics of the wording DO matter. NE deciding not to exercise a team option (that has terms negotiated by both parties already outlined) does not count the same as cutting him, even though everyone knows it's the same damn thing.

Just prior to FA actually beginning, the NFL released a list of players that were set to become UFAs (i.e. would count towards comp picks if not offset by other acquisitions). Revis was on that list, even though he was still under contract with NE if NE says so.

What's doubly absurd about it is NE was allowed to prorate Revis's signing bonus over 2 years, and then in the next breath say it was officially a one year deal.

It's stupid, and contradictory, but apparently that's the way it is.

I think Raiderhomerificfan explained his thoughts very clearly the other day on this topic,

Revis is no where near the best corner in the league anymore.  He's still elite.  But no where near #1.  Because that makes sense.  :animal0029:

Sherman is the best corner in the NFL but Revis is probably solidly the 2nd best right after him.

It makes no sense in terms of logic. Absent any affirmative action being taken by NE, Revis would be a Patriot this season. Semantics aside, they cut him. And you don't get comp picks for players you cut.

But when I thought it was that way in March, like you now, I looked around. And it seems the semantics of the wording DO matter. NE deciding not to exercise a team option (that has terms negotiated by both parties already outlined) does not count the same as cutting him, even though everyone knows it's the same damn thing.

Just prior to FA actually beginning, the NFL released a list of players that were set to become UFAs (i.e. would count towards comp picks if not offset by other acquisitions). Revis was on that list, even though he was still under contract with NE if NE says so.

What's doubly absurd about it is NE was allowed to prorate Revis's signing bonus over 2 years, and then in the next breath say it was officially a one year deal.

It's stupid, and contradictory, but apparently that's the way it is.

Yet 90% of this board can allegedly negotiate NFL contracts as well as the current experts.

Revis is no where near the best corner in the league anymore. He's still elite. But no where near #1. Because that makes sense. :animal0029:

Not elite , but top tier cb Some where six to 10 of the top Cb's.( Revis knows this to be true- when did you know him not to proclaim he was the best- that's Cromartie opinion Revis said) How many games did you watch Revis play last year.

I couldn't believe how much the Raiders went after D Revis with a rookie Qb . James Jones caught six of seven passes on Revis( most on important third downs) That's not counting two pass interference calls he was called for, but was saved by another penalty canceling those penalties.

When you see some Wr catching balls on Revis that wouldn't have a chance a couple years ago. Just remember everyone gets old , and playing Cb on an Island is not where you want your skills to slip. ( how many NFL Qbs are going to miss a wide open p Harvin who had Revis beat like a drum). like I said Revis isn't the Jet problem at cb( not elite, but still top tier starting Cb), that would be Cromartie and Skrine.

Sherman is the best corner in the NFL but Revis is probably solidly the 2nd best right after him.

Revis is better than Patrick Peterson? Again I think there are five cb's better than him. Will post those cb's later. I worry more about Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine who some Jet fans are overrating big time. Revis while not the Cb he once was with the Jets, is still pretty good Cb. ( a lot of teams wouldn't mind him starting for them).

Not elite , but top tier cb Some where six to 10 of the top Cb's.( Revis knows this to be true- when did you know him not to proclaim he was the best- that's Cromartie opinion Revis said) How many games did you watch Revis play last year.

I couldn't believe how much the Raiders went after D Revis with a rookie Qb . James Jones caught six of seven passes on Revis( most on important third downs) That's not counting two pass interference calls he was called for, but was saved by another penalty canceling those penalties.

When you see some Wr catching balls on Revis that wouldn't have a chance a couple years ago. Just remember everyone gets old , and playing Cb on an Island is not where you want your skills to slip. ( how many NFL Qbs are going to miss a wide open p Harvin who had Revis beat like a drum). like I said Revis isn't the Jet problem at cb( not elite, but still top tier starting Cb), that would be Cromartie and Skrine.

James Jones caught three passes for 48 yards in that game and, not having seen it, I don't even know if he made those three catches on Revis. Carr threw 34 passes in that game for a measly 174 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int. They converted a total of five third downs. Really a career day.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201409210nwe.htm

Revis is better than Patrick Peterson? Again I think there are five cb's better than him. Will post those cb's later. I worry more about Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine who some Jet fans are overrating big time. Revis while not the Cb he once was with the Jets, is still pretty good Cb. ( a lot of teams wouldn't mind him starting for them).

Gay

Patrick Peterson did not have a good year last season, I wouldn't say he's better than Revis right now

Oh goodie, Skrine and Cro are gonna have career years!  Thanks!

1 to 6.  HUGE difference.  No where close, amirite? 

You're an idiot. Seriously, taking this angle literally makes you an idiot.  Like straight up, idiot.  Which you've proven before but this one, this one, idiot. 

James Jones caught three passes for 48 yards in that game and, not having seen it, I don't even know if he made those three catches on Revis. Carr threw 34 passes in that game for a measly 174 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int. They converted a total of five third downs. Really a career day.

lmfao - they abused him....went after him all day long

Nope.  You are incorrect.  James Jones had 3 catches for 43 yards against the Patriots last year on 9/21.   :) His long was an 18 yard reception.   Career day indeed. 

Like I said earlier in the thread, Raiderholic's brain is mush.  After reading his completely off the wall (and always incorrect) prognostications on JI for years, it was pretty much established that Raiderholic is in a state of permanent delusion.  Poor guy.  The result of years of futility from rooting for that nightmare of a team. 

Nope.  You are incorrect.  James Jones had 3 catches for 43 yards against the Patriots last year on 9/21.   :) His long was an 18 yard reception.   Career day indeed. 

Like I said earlier in the thread, Raiderholic's brain is mush.  After reading his completely off the wall (and always incorrect) prognostications on JI for years, it was pretty much established that Raiderholic is in a state of permanent delusion.  Poor guy.  The result of years of futility from rooting for that nightmare of a team. 

Yeah, but two of those three were on big 3rd downs. One was for 12 yards on 3rd on 15.

Literally the worst takes in the history of the internet. 

Revis is better than Patrick Peterson? Again I think there are five cb's better than him. Will post those cb's later. 

Please list in numerical order. While you're at it I'd also like to know, who are the top 5 best dressed A-listers in Hollywood right now. I'm also looking into dependable used cars, preferably higher end four door sedans, when you have a chance...

A Howard was a disaster at Rg for the Raiders last year. The Raiders are letting him compete at his more natural Rt , and has a good chance to win that job. Right now he the second string Rt behind M Watson ,after OTa's.

Means very little now, till the pads come on to accurately judge offense lineman. If A Howard doesn't win the starting Rt job, than he definitely on the trading block.( too much money to pay a backups, as they have younger Ot's that are long term options.

Would the Jets have any interest , or should they contact Rex Ryan and see if he's interested.

Yeah sure, how much you want for him. lol

He predicted a decline, thats the point i addressed.  Both of you interestingly have him nowhere near the top.  Interesting because no one agrees.   You're both wrong, he's still either the best or right there on anyones list.  Especially when you add nowhere near #1.  

He predicted a decline, thats the point i addressed.  Both of you interestingly have him nowhere near the top.  Interesting because no one agrees.   You're both wrong, he's still either the best or right there on anyones list.  Especially when you add nowhere near #1.  

Those were his words. I was making fun of him, hence the  :animal0029:

Archived