winston not passing eye test

jgb

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me tell you what's going to happen. You predicted he would be bad, and we pretty much know how that works out for all of us.

My failed predictions, lifetime:

1. Leinart would rule.

2. Sandy would sit on his hands.

3. Tiffany Amber Thiessen would win an Oscar.

End list.

Mettenberger or Glennon, I d be happy with.

And though I'm not a fan, Mike Shanahan just came out really praising K Couisins saying he's definetly a starting qb in the nfl and will be very soon

No way in hell that the Skins will trade Cousins. If RG3 busts he's gone & they turn to Cousins & try to build a good team around him.

I too think that Cousins will be a decent QB in this league.

He seems to actually get better with experience.

Who was the last 1st round QB to win a Superbowl?

It's 8 years since he was drafted.

All I'm saying is, if you draft a QB just because he's a QB, you'll miss on a lot of real talent.

You don't have to get your QB in first round but you have to get him.  That means look for him in draft early and late and often and try to trade if a franchise QB becomes available by grace of God.  You are highlighting the importance of maximizing your chances since QB hard to find.  Thank you for helping to make my point, however unintentional.

I'd rather have andy dalton and muhmmad wilkerson than geno smith and jj watt

Generally speaking I can see what you mean, but Andy Dalton has Mohammed Sanu and Green. Dalton on the Jets during Geno's rookie and 2nd year would expose Dalton. He's okay, but his targets bail him out ALOT. Atleast Geno can say he's never had targets, especially of that caliber. Though, I'd rather have any one of those situations than Blaine Gabbert. 

No way in hell that the Skins will trade Cousins. If RG3 busts he's gone & they turn to Cousins & try to build a good team around him.

I too think that Cousins will be a decent QB in this league.

He seems to actually get better with experience.

sounds like he might be behind Mccoy for the backup job. Not so sure they won't move him

Generally speaking I can see what you mean, but Andy Dalton has Mohammed Sanu and Green. Dalton on the Jets during Geno's rookie and 2nd year would expose Dalton. He's okay, but his targets bail him out ALOT. Atleast Geno can say he's never had targets, especially of that caliber. Though, I'd rather have any one of those situations than Blaine Gabbert. 

Eventually you have to hold a player accountable for his performance.  If a player requires an ideal situation to even be average, that doesn't mean he might be good, it means he sucks imho.  I would buy the "let's see what he does with more weapons" if he hasn't been worst in league for 2 straight years.

Eventually you have to hold a player accountable for his performance.  If a player requires an ideal situation to even be average, that doesn't mean he might be good, it means he sucks imho.  I would buy the "let's see what he does with more weapons" if he hasn't been worst in league for 2 straight years.

If thats the case, then with all things being equal the Jets had the leagues worst receiving corp in Geno's rookie season and last year had Eric Decker who was good when healthy and on the field but besides that....

If thats the case, then with all things being equal the Jets had the leagues worst receiving corp in Geno's rookie season and last year had Eric Decker who was good when healthy and on the field but besides that....

Well he will get his shot this year but even if marshall and decker dont play a snap 3 years of no weaponz excuse is just well inexcusable

You don't have to get your QB in first round but you have to get him.  That means look for him in draft early and late and often and try to trade if a franchise QB becomes available by grace of God.  You are highlighting the importance of maximizing your chances since QB hard to find.  Thank you for helping to make my point, however unintentional.

If your only real missing part is a QB then by all means do what you need to find one.

But if you don't already have at least decent players elsewhere, you need to balance QB need vs. general need. Otherwise you'll never know if you found your guy because the rest of the team is so sucky he can't possibly succeed.

I'd like to think the Jets right now are more in the former category than the latter. Jax, when they drafted Gabbert, certainly were not.

If your only real missing part is a QB then by all means do what you need to find one.

But if you don't already have at least decent players elsewhere, you need to balance QB need vs. general need. Otherwise you'll never know if you found your guy because the rest of the team is so sucky he can't possibly succeed.

I'd like to think the Jets right now are more in the former category than the latter. Jax, when they drafted Gabbert, certainly were not.

We disagree a bit there you gotta get the QB. Don't leave cupboard bare but should be highest priority until you get him

When did the convo go south? When you decided to thumb my quote down? I thumbed it back up to negate yours! lol. 

I disagree, doesnt mean the convo went south. 

When you accuse the other person of bad faith for expressing his opinion it's over.  It can never be the same again.  We've lost the magic.

if you trade glennon and winston busts, you lose your job

bill ****in polian was fired because he had no back-up for manning

I know you are in love, but you need to start dating other guys

I would agree with this. as villain states, glennon would be a guy who I would inquire about. but a smart front office wouldn't trade glennon. the offer would have to be too good for tampa to consider. steep price to pay for a prospect

Just sick, not laughing, I could not believe Bridgewater was there for the Jets along with Denard (my top two picks) but Idzik took Pryor...

bunch of posters saying Bridgewater would have been a wasted pick since we already had Geno, pick a QB until you have a QB

derrick carr was the right move for the jets. dude slipped bad because of his name. jets should of packaged their 2nd and 2 4ths to move back into the first round. could have had Benjamin and carr. instead, we got pryor, amaro, saunders, & evans.

So we put the starter in and not SIMMS or a 4th stringer?

You explain it better than I ever could.....  What was that all about other than Rex trying to show Idzik that Geno wasn't ready yet and only a nincompoop would have thought otherwise!!

So Rex hand in some ways was forced....

You explain it better than I ever could.....  What was that all about other than Rex trying to show Idzik that Geno wasn't ready yet and only a nincompoop would have thought otherwise!!

So Rex hand in some ways was forced....

Rex is good for 2-3 losses per year on his decisions alone IMO.  

Archived