winston not passing eye test

jgb

This guy is good man. I've always said it, he's not a top 10 elite QB, but he can be in the top half of the QB's in this league. 

I'll take the 16th best QB in the league. Glennon is a legit QB talent that a team with support can win with. 

seriously, he would be fine here given the D and running game.  I just like that he doesn't make mistakes.  

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously, he would be fine here given the D and running game.  I just like that he doesn't make mistakes.  

This is true. Not sure if you noticed it but on the start of almost every drive for Glennon they offense starts off with a penalty so many times he'll start in a hole. Same thing with the drops. It happened tonight, last week and he's had that very problem during the season when playing. Thats one of the main reasons I've been so high on him. He's not just going out there and playing. He's also fighting off his teammates own mistakes consistently. These guys make Willie Colon look like a saint. And with all that said, this is a guy who will still get you 2 TD's before throwing an INT. 

Well, Glennon is out of the game and its 4:45am my time. Off to count some sheep. 

Ugh no, Bridgewater isn't anywhere in the same neighborhood of Marino.   To say this is says you aren't old enough to have seem Marino or smart enough to know what he accomplished in his career.

This 100%

Think of it this way Marino never won a SB and still there is an argument to make him the GOAT!!

Not IMO but you can argue it!!

This guy is good man. I've always said it, he's not a top 10 elite QB, but he can be in the top half of the QB's in this league. 

I'll take the 16th best QB in the league. Glennon is a legit QB talent that a team with support can win with. 

I have listened to your foolish ramblings long enough concerning Glennon!

And all I can say is.....

I am now convinced I think in truth you may actually be 100% correct on this guy and I am thinking he is perhaps worth real value to trade for!!

So I am now on board the trade for Glennon train as well.... :)

But in truth TB might ask for a number 1 to get him?  Would you go that far?

I have listened to your foolish ramblings long enough concerning Glennon!

And all I can say is.....

I am now convinced I think in truth you may actually be 100% correct on this guy and I am thinking he is perhaps worth real value to trade for!!

So I am now on board the trade for Glennon train as well.... :)

But in truth TB might ask for a number 1 to get him?  Would you go that far?

No. Rather wait until he hits free agency which will be in 7 months. Tampa has leverage in regards to teams looking for good QB play and may be able to squeeze out a 2nd rounder for him at most, but TB doesnt have enough leverage to get a 1st rounder for him. 

What I will say is, trading for Glennon wouldnt be a mistake. All it took was Monday Night Football for people to finally see the kid play. I've had the pleasure of watching 19 games...well, 17 games. There were two games where he had bad days. 

I'm on board with a 2nd round pick for Glennon!

someone post our 2nd round picks again from the past, lol, you'll all agree he's worth it considering we have no idea what to do with 2nd round picks anyway.

I'm on board with a 2nd round pick for Glennon!

someone post our 2nd round picks again from the past, lol, you'll all agree he's worth it considering we have no idea what to do with 2nd round picks anyway.

this.

doesn't seem like it will happen until mid-late season & TB decides Winston is def legit though.

depending on how late in the year I try to get away with a 4th or 5th ... Can be talked into a 3rd ... And feet to the fire (or whatever that expression is) I go up to a 2nd ... Wouldn't do a 1st though

Ugh no, Bridgewater isn't anywhere in the same neighborhood of Marino.   To say this is says you aren't old enough to have seem Marino or smart enough to know what he accomplished in his career.

This 100%

Think of it this way Marino never won a SB and still there is an argument to make him the GOAT!!

No QB ever came into our stadium and scared us like Marino did for so many years.  Always gave the fish the advantage, no matter who they played he was always the best player on the field.  Huge difference than Bridgewater.  And Marino was Marino right out of the gate.  

This 100%

No QB ever came into our stadium and scared us like Marino did for so many years.  Always gave the fish the advantage, no matter who they played he was always the best player on the field.  Huge difference than Bridgewater.  And Marino was Marino right out of the gate.  

As much as I hate Miami, I respected Marino enormously. Guy had a great arm, quick release, was accurate. He was every bit a HOF QB.

Its funny how 4-6 months ago a select few posters on this board wanted to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Glennon and people thought that they were crazy now everybody wants to make the trade. I doubt we make a move for any QB anytime soon.

Its funny you said that. Whats funnier is yesterday I thought to myself, If Glennon has a bad outing some people will be waving the "I told you so" flag though I know most of them have not actually watched the guy play football. At the same time I knew that because this was a national broadcast that this will be the game to show that he has game. I am glad that people got to see a glimpse of what he can do. His deep ball is on point. 

He played well last night, had a couple bad moments though. But I've seen him play even better during games that actually count. It crazy that he's actually becoming a favorite player of mine. 

Its funny how 4-6 months ago a select few posters on this board wanted to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Glennon and people thought that they were crazy now everybody wants to make the trade. 

Nono. You're all most certainly still crazy.

Keep the hate alive Rutgers! ;)

I know you'll never admit it but I know that your face was secretly like this last night as well watching him play. 

567.jpg

Its funny how 4-6 months ago a select few posters on this board wanted to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Glennon and people thought that they were crazy now everybody wants to make the trade. I doubt we make a move for any QB anytime soon.

Not everybody. I want no part of that goofy looking bastard. 

Its funny how 4-6 months ago a select few posters on this board wanted to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Glennon and people thought that they were crazy now everybody wants to make the trade. 

Nono. You're all most certainly still crazy.

Keep the hate alive Rutgers! ;)

I know you'll never admit it but I know that your face was secretly like this last night as well watching him play. 

567.jpg

The only thing i was watching last night was the Mets hang 8 home runs on the Phils. This discussion was and is still stupid.

This 100%

I would argue that Jim Kelly  and Tom Brady were all the fear that Marino was.   

This 100%

Really???  I would argue that Kelly and Brady have had more success against us than Marino. Kenny O played the Dolphins strong.

This 100%

This 100%

As much as I hate Miami, I respected Marino enormously. Guy had a great arm, quick release, was accurate. He was every bit a HOF QB.

Yeah but Glennon looks like a giraffe.

Better than looking like an 8th grade girl with a beard.  

Well Brady is the world's most handsome man and is also the world's greatest qb.

Coincidence?

Well Petty is a fairly attractive young man...just sayin'....

not as cute as Tebow or Sanchez

Glennon IMO is now at least worthy of a starting job.  I didnt think so previously.

Not sure how long he is signed but soon he will be able to opt out.

We will have 3 NC State Wolf pack QB's in the league starting.  :)  QB University in Raleigh NC.

Over the cap has Glennon signed thru the 2016 season. If the Jets -or anyone else- wants him next year, they're going to have to trade for him. 

agreed.  However, if Tampa believes that Glennon will leave , they might/should  trade him while they can.  Certainly wont franchise him.

Could get a solid 2nd rounder , maybe better.

If Winston becomes starter, Glennon will leave IMO.

Glennon IMO is now at least worthy of a starting job.  I didnt think so previously.

Not sure how long he is signed but soon he will be able to opt out.

We will have 3 NC State Wolf pack QB's in the league starting.  :)  QB University in Raleigh NC.

When you look at some starters across the league Glennon certainly wouldn't be among the worst!

agreed.  However, if Tampa believes that Glennon will leave , they might/should  trade him while they can.  Certainly wont franchise him.

Tampa has to be that confident in Winston before they let Glennon go. They could very well prefer to keep him next season as an insurance policy, rather than get something. Glennon will certainly want out, though, so that could be a factor. I'd rather not give up a second rounder, though. Prefer a deal involving one of our spare defensive linemen. 

But...  that's really a conversation for next year. 

You don't get a 2nd rounder for a guy who was a third rounder and was benched for Josh McCown, 

Any GM who would give that up for Mike Glennon should be fired. 

Tampa has to be that confident in Winston before they let Glennon go. They could very well prefer to keep him next season as an insurance policy, rather than get something. Glennon will certainly want out, though, so that could be a factor. I'd rather not give up a second rounder, though. Prefer a deal involving one of our spare defensive linemen. 

But...  that's really a conversation for next year. 

I agree with this. If Leonard Williams blows up this year, and Sheldon shows some semblance of maturation, then Mo becomes expendable. We could send them Mo for Glennon and a draft pick. 

That being said, I think the plan is for Petty to take over next year, as long as he continues to improve. His play against Atlanta was very encouraging. 

Archived