winston not passing eye test

jgb

the most recent QB trade was QB for QB

any team you talk to has to take geno in return or they wind up in the same boat as us, looking over the FA market and being underwhelmed buy the suckage

geno is the laughinstock of the league.  this makes for good innerwebs time wasting, but nobody is trading away a QB and not getting one in return or taking geno

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that is why you look at him as him not being available. People who are more optimistic would look at it differently. 

I looked at the history of NFL QB rades.  eliminating draft day trades, you are looking at a few situations where a star was getting old (montana) or where you had 2 starters and wanted to avoid a controversy

there really is no precedent for a back up getting traded and becoming a star that I can find

mark brunell is probably your best case so far that I can find, but that isn't much to build an argument around

I looked at the history of NFL QB rades.  eliminating draft day trades, you are looking at a few situations where a star was getting old (montana) or where you had 2 starters and wanted to avoid a controversy

there really is no precedent for a back up getting traded and becoming a star that I can find

mark brunell is probably your best case so far that I can find, but that isn't much to build an argument around

I can respect your research. I just downloaded the Bucs preseason game and watched Glennon's performance. The guy moves the offense, and as usual the offense begins his turn under center with a false start and a WR drop and no reliable running game. The guy had to move the offense with his arm, and he does. 

I dont think that Glennon is a superstar, I really do believe that Glennon can be a top 15 talent. And you can definitely win with that. I'm currently creating GIF's of some of these plays now. 

Glennon did have one overthrow, but then came back on 3rd down and made the conversion. All of his other throws were straight to the chest. Thats actually what pops out to me most about Glennon, his accuracy is top notch more often than not. 

I cannot wait to boast to Dr. Detroit that he backed the wrong horse. Mariota admittedly got off to a poor start but rebounded well. Exactly what I have been saying all along. Mariota will respond to adversity like a mature leader and improve quickly. Winston will respond like Ryan Leaf... unless it is against guys who will be selling insurance come September.

Mariota looked like sh-t too only he did it against the worst defense in the NFL.

I can respect your research. I just downloaded the Bucs preseason game and watched Glennon's performance. The guy moves the offense, and as usual the offense begins his turn under center with a false start and a WR drop and no reliable running game. The guy had to move the offense with his arm, and he does. 

I dont think that Glennon is a superstar, I really do believe that Glennon can be a top 15 talent. And you can definitely win with that. I'm currently creating GIF's of some of these plays now. 

Glennon did have one overthrow, but then came back on 3rd down and made the conversion. All of his other throws were straight to the chest. Thats actually what pops out to me most about Glennon, his accuracy is top notch more often than not. 

you just keep making the case for why he isn't available

We may have a chance. Remember, Lovie Smith and that front office are acting like morons. He named Winston the starter before preseason/training camp even began. Who the hell does that? Winston didnt look ready at all yesterday. And yes, its his first go at the NFL so im not making too much of a big deal, but to give the job to a guy when you have a guy like Glennon that has been there for that franchise before when the QB went down and played solid....this guy just refuses to play him. This is why I feel that we still have a chance. People have laughed at me, but I would go as high as a 2nd rounder for Glennon. I do believe that a 3rd rounder would do it but I dont see the TB organization walking away from a 2nd rounder when they have clearly shown that they're doing everything to go in another direction from Glennon. if they could get a deal like that then I can see them taking it and getting one of these FA QB's knowing that they just scooped a high draft pick. Glennon is worth the risk imo. We dont need a superstar, we just need a QB who can score more TD's than he does turning the ball over. The Jets can give that to him. he'll have better targets, a better Oline, a better run game and a top 5 caliber defense. Match that with what he's done with what he's had and that 2nd/3rd round pick wont matter when we're in the playoffs with a young QB that we can lock up for years.

Villain, you are the eternal Glennon optimist

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just keep making the case for why we should try. Thats actually what im doing. 

you have to start looking at the circumstances of the starter

look for a favre with a brunell behind him

look at a stars back-up where the star never gets hurt or is an entrenched icon who could never be replaced

0.00% chance glennon gets dealt with winston ahead of him

What have Texans won

Who was the last 1st round QB to win a Superbowl?

It's 8 years since he was drafted.

All I'm saying is, if you draft a QB just because he's a QB, you'll miss on a lot of real talent.

the most recent QB trade was QB for QB

any team you talk to has to take geno in return or they wind up in the same boat as us, looking over the FA market and being underwhelmed buy the suckage

geno is the laughinstock of the league. this makes for good innerwebs time wasting, but nobody is trading away a QB and not getting one in return or taking geno

You know, I could actually see a Geno and Mettentberger swap.

you have to start looking at the circumstances of the starter

look for a favre with a brunell behind him

look at a stars back-up where the star never gets hurt or is an entrenched icon who could never be replaced

0.00% chance glennon gets dealt with winston ahead of him

I cant say that you're wrong. All it takes is for him not to be traded. All im saying is that there's a possiblity that he does if a team is willing to pay the price. 

Some people think a 3rd rounder, possibly a 2nd rounder is too high. From what I see from him he's worth it. This is his game last night. 

Glennon gets in the game and WR Tavarres King starts Glennon's drive with a false start. 

False%20Start.gif

Next Play 1st and 15 Glennon puts a strike right on the numbers to none other than Tavarres Jackson...who drops it. 

Tavarres%20King%20Drop.gif

Next series Kenny Bell with a drop on 2nd and 6 with a pass right to the numbers. 

Kenny%20Bell%20Drop.gif

3rd and 6 Glennon converts

first%20down%20after%20Bell%20drop.gif

Next series 3rd and 6 again, he converts on their way to a rushing TD. Outside of that rush TD the running game did nothing for Glennon

3rd%20down%20conversion%20TD%20drive.gif

Next series 2nd and 9 (1 yard run on 1st) Glennon converts with a nice pump fake

Robert%20Herron%202.gif

Look at how he moves the backers, moves up in the pocket, looks off the safety (#27), resets his feet and hits his target in stride. Dude is just a beast.

Robert%20Herron%20Alternate.gif

Next play, 1st and 10 he converts

Ali%20Marpet.gif

Last year I said Glennon's line was terrible. Look at Ali Marpet (who we should have drafted) Dude is stone walling the defender. Look at the ball placement on the pass. In stride, right in the stomach right outside of the defenders reach. This guy would be considered "covered" if it was Geno given inaccuracy.

Marpet%20Alternate.gif

4 min drill after Glennon gets 8 yards on 1st and 10 he over throws his wide open receiver on 2nd and 2. 

2nd%20down%20miss.gif

Comes back on 3rd and 2 and converts for a nice gain. Hits him right in the numbers. Dude more often than not is accurate all over the field. 

last%20drive%20conversion.gif

Glennon has been doing this since his rookie season. Im not confirming that TB would deal him, all im saying is that it would be foolish not to try and get this guy. He doesnt hurt your offense. He's never had a running game and he deals with WR's (including Vincent and Evans) dropping passes right in the bread basket. 

Matt Flynn and Rex Grossman are a waste of time. That I believe we can both agree on. 

Probably some young Jet fans don't know that when we drafted Namath in 1965 in the 1st rd our 2nd rd pick was John Huarte the Notre Dame heisman winning QB.. We also took QB's in rd 4 and 7.. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/1965_draft.htm

Good post I actually didn't know that about Namath and the other draft picks!!!

That is what made me so upset with Idzik. He was so intent on proving he was "right " that he was willinging to screw the Jets to prove it!!

Now whether Rex should have stayed or not is debatable but there is no doubt with a competent GM he would have had a real fighting chance with quality players and draft.

And I know that he would have fielded a competitive team that I know.

Good post I actually didn't know that about Namath and the other draft picks!!!

That is what made me so upset with Idzik. He was so intent on proving he was "right " that he was willinging to screw the Jets to prove it!!

Now whether Rex should have stayed or not is debatable but there is no doubt with a competent GM he would have had a real fighting chance with quality players and draft.

And I know that he would have fielded a competitive team that I know.

I have trouble believing this. Idzik was a buffoon but was hired because Tanny wasn't much better. Tanny showed he was manipulated by REX IMO anyway.

REX perhaps would do OK IF the GM was solid and unwilling to let REX influence him.

I have trouble believing this. Idzik was a buffoon but was hired because Tanny wasn't much better. Tanny showed he was manipulated by REX IMO anyway.

REX perhaps would do OK IF the GM was solid and unwilling to let REX influence him.

I think Idzik was this much of an idiot!!!

Why did he expose Geno to one of the worst offenses in the NFL when he had Sanchez cheap?

Yea he wanted to move on but just letting Sanchez go when he could and rework his contract was just silly.

And Vick was stealing the money when he was here it was a joke!! Stealing it!!! Unprepared and unprofessional.

Idzik had the balls to say last year that he thought that the Jets were a talented team.

Stevie Wonder wouldn't have said that but Idzik had to say that cause he built that crappy team and then had the gall to say to his HC go win.

A clown who didn't even realize he had white makeup on!!

There was a good group of us that were pounding tables for the Jets to keep taking QBs until we hit on one regarding Bridgewater.

It was the RIGHT MOVE.

We could have Bridgewater & Geno right now, instead of a safety who can't even tackle.

This stuff isn't rocket science, 1st round picks bust all the time, but teams with QBs get into the playoffs.

How many times has Greenbay traded a QB & fleeced another team?

Matt Flynn?

Let's say we took Bridgewater & he beat out Geno fair & square.

We probably could have traded Geno this year for something because he has shown flashes. There are so freaking many teams that need QBs! Look at the scrubbeenies that are still on rosters!

I don't think anybody but Rex and our retarded GM where on board to pick a safety who's only positve was hitting really hard in college when you get flagged for it half the time in the NFL anyway. We'd also be looking at Geno and Johnny Rehab if a lot of people here got the QB they wanted.

I think Idzik was this much of an idiot!!!

Why did he expose Geno to one of the worst offenses in the NFL when he had Sanchez cheap?

Yea he wanted to move on but just letting Sanchez go when he could and rework his contract was just silly.

And Vick was stealing the money when he was here it was a joke!! Stealing it!!! Unprepared and unprofessional.

Idzik had the balls to say last year that he thought that the Jets were a talented team.

Stevie Wonder wouldn't have said that but Idzik had to say that cause he built that crappy team and then had the gall to say to his HC go win.

A clown who didn't even realize he had white makeup on!!

Wasn't Geno starting directly related to Sanchez injury... Sanchez was kept in a game, preseason that was meaningless.

that is REX legacy. BUT, no one will ever defend Odzik. 12 picks and he shlt the bed.

Wasn't Geno starting directly related to Sanchez injury... Sanchez was kept in a game, preseason that was meaningless.

that is REX legacy. BUT, no one will ever defend Odzik. 12 picks and he shlt the bed.

It was Geno not being able to play in the preseason game that led to Sanchez playing when he got hurt..

Archived