Jets Chant

Ghost

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shills_zpszacdnejx.jpg

How much did you pay Fireman Ed and FireIdzik and the Jets Podcast to jump on the failed BringBackEd bandwagon that's gotten you a whopping 173 uniques since April?  If you're paying more than $0.02 cents per click you're getting robbed.

SAR I

lol... My favorite post yet! You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Since I paid nobody a penny, I guess I got good value. And the reason we haven't gotten more signatures is because I stopped promoting the petition since it accomplished it's mission. The name of it was BringBackEd - and since it brought back Ed, I would say it was pretty successful. 

The best part about arguing with you is that I always win... And you always come back for more.

lol... My favorite post yet! You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Since I paid nobody a penny, I guess I got good value. And the reason we haven't gotten more signatures is because I stopped promoting the petition since it accomplished it's mission. The name of it was BringBackEd - and since it brought back Ed, I would say it was pretty successful. 

The best part about arguing with you is that I always win... And you always come back for more.

did you bring back Ed for your event or to come to the game, get on his brothers back and lead the cheer ?

did you bring back Ed for your event or to come to the game, get on his brothers back and lead the cheer ?

his brother lives in Utah so he won't be getting on his brother's back… 

He will be at the party on Saturday.. For Sunday, I guess you will just have to tune in and see for yourself if he is leading the cheer! lol.. I can't speak for him.. but I can say that if Sar doesn't like the J-E-T-S chant, he might want to sell his tickets to some Browns fans. 

And the reason we haven't gotten more signatures is because I stopped promoting the petition since it accomplished it's mission. The name of it was BringBackEd - and since it brought back Ed, I would say it was pretty successful. 

Since you approached Ed as a way to stir up publicity, a paltry 173 signatures in the last 4 months is a joke.  It's not a referendum to bring him back; it's a referendum to keep him away.

And we all know the truth, don't we?  Ed was "coming back" the moment Idzik was fired and Maccagnan started making positive buzz, it had nothing to do with your silly petition.  The two of you are colluding to make money off the backs of Jets fans.  Just awful.  You're getting what you both deserve.  And like I said, anyone could oblige a bunch of drunk Jets fans at a 1PM Opening Day with 72 degree weather and the team in first place.  The proof is if we're 2-5 and Ed isn't there.  Jury's out on that one.

SAR I

Since you approached Ed as a way to stir up publicity, a paltry 173 signatures in the last 4 months is a joke.  It's not a referendum to bring him back; it's a referendum to keep him away.

And we all know the truth, don't we?  Ed was "coming back" the moment Idzik was fired and Maccagnan started making positive buzz, it had nothing to do with your silly petition.  The two of you are colluding to make money off the backs of Jets fans.  Just awful.  You're getting what you both deserve.  And like I said, anyone could oblige a bunch of drunk Jets fans at a 1PM Opening Day with 72 degree weather and the team in first place.  The proof is if we're 2-5 and Ed isn't there.  Jury's out on that one.

SAR I

haha... How are either of us making any money off of him returning? Can't wait to hear this one... 

haha... How are either of us making any money off of him returning? Can't wait to hear this one... 

Technically I think he accused you of trying to make money and not succeeding lol.

Being serious for a second, Ed isn't trying to make money off of any of this. Ed is just looking for the stadium to be loud again. 

Oh, I don't think any of you will make a dime off of this because I don't think anyone cares about Ed either way, but I think the plan for Ed is to be back in the spotlight once the team is decent again, he gets paid for public appearances, he gets paid for interviews, he tries to sell an iPhone app, there's income for him to make in today's world of social media.  As for you guys, same thing, a podcast here and a YouTube video there, clickbaiting your way to something of insignificant value.

Remember, no one wants Ed back.  Three bits of evidence, two of which are courtesy of you and so we have you to thank:

1.  Complete indifference from fans in 2011 and 2012.

2.  A paltry 3,659 supporters to a very public petition mentioned by every member of every media outlet in New York back in April.

3.  An embarrassing 173 supporters who clicked the petition in the 4 long months since including big media moments like free agent signings and Geno's jaw and preseason success.

Ed made a lot of noise when Maccagnan was getting a lot of kudos for the draft.  "The Jets are back!" said the media.  "Look at me, I want back in!" said Fireman Ed.  You launch this petition, the reaction is a big fart in the wind, and Ed vanishes again.  How coincidental.

SAR I

Technically I think he accused you of trying to make money and not succeeding lol.

Being serious for a second, Ed isn't trying to make money off of any of this. Ed is just looking for the stadium to be loud again. 

but again I ask... How was I even trying to make money? I could have sold a ton of Fireman Ed shirts... Did we make them? I could have sold a ton of Joe Klecko shirts... Did we make them? I am very cognisant of the fact that people think Ed makes money off of his role as the Fireman... The last thing I wanted people to think or say was that I only want him back so we can sell some shirts... I only had one motive to bring him back - most Jets fans will thank me for my efforts on Sunday... Some hate the guy and will be pissed off... Those people are the ones (like Sar) that are reaching for anything to discredit me and/or Ed.. And I couldn't care any less about pissing them off. They will have to deal with it.

On point one, yes, exactly right. 

On point two, the stadium can't be loud again until 1) the Jets put a contender on the field and 2) the selfish blue collar fans who quit on the team once the playoffs stop return.

Ed's core audience-  drunken burping farting blue collar fans in Esiason jersey's and 1990's Zubas listening to Molly Hatchet-  they're all gone.  They had great seats for free in Giants Stadium, they were relocated to the PSL-free upper deck in 2010, and they took off for their HDTV's and pretzels in 2012.  Those who remain are just as loyal, but in order to be loud we have to be driven by something other than body odor and alcohol.  That's all it took for Ed to get traction.  The standards are higher now.  We don't make noise for mediocrity in our team and we don't appreciate a mascot that 1) doesn't represent the typical paying Jets fan any more and 2) quit on us to get yet another moment of publicity at the exact moment that we realized that the Ryan Jets would never see the playoffs again.  He sinned against the team and against the fans and is never going to be forgiven, and what middling chant he might generate on Opening Day doesn't change that.

SAR I

but again I ask... How was I even trying to make money? I could have sold a ton of Fireman Ed shirts... Did we make them? I could have sold a ton of Joe Klecko shirts... Did we make them? I am very cognisant of the fact that people think Ed makes money off of his role as the Fireman... The last thing I wanted people to think or say was that I only want him back so we can sell some shirts... I only had one motive to bring him back - most Jets fans will thank me for my efforts on Sunday... Some hate the guy and will be pissed off... Those people are the ones (like Sar) that are reaching for anything to discredit me and/or Ed.. And I couldn't care any less about pissing them off. They will have to deal with it.

Prediction:

The Jets open the season 1-3 and losing at halftime to the woeful Redskins, Fireman Ed realizes his mistake in this silly "comeback" you coerced him into and realizes he doesn't have an exit strategy.  Can't keep it up as there's no win in it for him.  Can't quit publicly or he can't show his face in Canarsie.  So he just walks out of the stadium and never returns again.  "Where did Fireman Ed go this time?" say the fans and the media.  "Someone threatened him in the bathroom." says Fire Idzkik aka Bring Back Ed aka Joe For HOF as they prepare for their next thrilling campaign "Bring Back Geno".

SAR I

How many do you think you could have sold? What is your cost of good sold?

Your honor, he brought it up, so it is now admissible LOL!!!!!!!!

You should start your own forum, Sar... As I have said in the past, you are the single greatest troll in the history of message boards... You have to be good for 250,000 clicks/year in people coming here to reply to your idiotic posts... You entertain me more than you anger me... You stay pretty open minded considering you are on my side sometimes... You loved my work in the Idzik campaign but hate that I back Ed... So I have to respect your right to have an opinion on this one... but let's not confuse your opinion for fact. It is very far from reality.

Basically Fireman Ed is coming back to lead the chant on opening day for a 4-12 team I dont remember reading anywhere that he was back for the season can anyone confirm or deny this. If he is who the hell cares if you dont support him dont participate in the cheer its that simple. 

Why are we arguing over this. 

You should start your own forum, Sar... As I have said in the past, you are the single greatest troll in the history of message boards... You have to be good for 250,000 clicks/year in people coming here to reply to your idiotic posts... You entertain me more than you anger me... You stay pretty open minded considering you are on my side sometimes... You loved my work in the Idzik campaign but hate that I back Ed... So I have to respect your right to have an opinion on this one... but let's not confuse your opinion for fact. It is very far from reality.

Yeah, so if you could not tell the fine posters of JetNation to start their own forums, yeah...that would be great.  :)

Basically Fireman Ed is coming back to lead the chant on opening day for a 4-12 team I dont remember reading anywhere that he was back for the season can anyone confirm or deny this. If he is who the hell cares if you dont support him dont participate in the cheer its that simple. 

Well I think the Jets are headed for a great season. And it will be cool to have Ed back. I am not getting caught up on how long it lasts. Just going to enjoy it, even if it is just for a game.

his brother lives in Utah so he won't be getting on his brother's back… 

He will be at the party on Saturday.. For Sunday, I guess you will just have to tune in and see for yourself if he is leading the cheer! lol.. I can't speak for him.. but I can say that if Sar doesn't like the J-E-T-S chant, he might want to sell his tickets to some Browns fans. 

Any chance you can ask Ed to point up to SARs seats?  He at times does point to different spots of the stadium and I (and I am sure 99% of this board) would love to see him point to section 232a row 1 and call him out in front of 80k fans.

+1

I always viewed Fireman Ed as an extra piece of entertainment at Jet games.  If you don't enjoy or like his "entertainment", close your eyes and cover your ears when he does his chant.  If you don't you're a hypocrite.  It's like bitching about Francesa and then still continuing to listen to him.

After the Jet's score a touchdown and everyone in my section is cheering and high fiving, Ed's chant is timely, energizing and adds to the game day experience.

So if you don't like him, be sure to sit down after the cheers and the high fives and act like a mute. 

Fireman Ed quit when supposed Jet fans harassed the sh*t out of him because they were pissed off that we sucked. I remember seeing him almost getting into a fight because drunken Ahole tried to push him over.

Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that? Let's just be real here, there is a faction of NY Jet fans that are complete & utter losers! I went to the Pats Sunday night game & I had really good seats, I had this azzhole behind me that just droned, "sit down in front" the whole f*cking game.

I'm like "dude, people are standing in front of me, I have to stand to see". There was a great group next to us but for the most part we sat around a bunch of indifferent people that were more concerned with eating than watching the game. Honestly, it was pathetic.

Fireman Ed quit when supposed Jet fans harassed the sh*t out of him because they were pissed off that we sucked. I remember seeing him almost getting into a fight because drunken Ahole tried to push him over.

Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that? Let's just be real here, there is a faction of NY Jet fans that are complete & utter losers! I went to the Pats Sunday night game & I had really good seats, I had this azzhole behind me that just droned, "sit down in front" the whole f*cking game.

I'm like "dude, people are standing in front of me, I have to stand to see". There was a great group next to us but for the most part we sat around a bunch of indifferent people that were more concerned with eating than watching the game. Honestly, it was pathetic.

Absolutely.... I run a fan club and every now and then we get a transplant to our club , Charlottejetsfans, that thinks it's fine to curse , throw things etc...  There are kids, family's all enjoying the game but ONE Ahole says..its football. I can curse if I want.   The minority of fans but yes, they are there. Worse, they think they are right.  

Prediction:

The Jets open the season 1-3 and losing at halftime to the woeful Redskins, Fireman Ed realizes his mistake in this silly "comeback" you coerced him into and realizes he doesn't have an exit strategy.  Can't keep it up as there's no win in it for him.  Can't quit publicly or he can't show his face in Canarsie.  So he just walks out of the stadium and never returns again.  "Where did Fireman Ed go this time?" say the fans and the media.  "Someone threatened him in the bathroom." says Fire Idzkik aka Bring Back Ed aka Joe For HOF as they prepare for their next thrilling campaign "Bring Back Geno".

SAR I

Didn't Ed still attend all of the games just not do the chant anymore? Exit strategy? If he really did come back I doubt he'd care doing the chant. Its about a total of 5 minutes per game you make it seem like some huge burden. I think you're overthinking this and care too much. 

Ok so correct me if I'm wrong basically the drunken slob fans supported Ed and the new and improved PSL fans don't support Ed so with that being said we should turn Jets games into Giants games where fans sit reading books and most pay no attention to the actual game. 

Bottom line if you don't support Ed sit down and shut the hell up and let those fans that do join in on the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant the best in the NFL. 

Personally, I think this is a bunch of hullabaloo over NOTHING! So Ed was a Fin fan & changes allegiances?

Do you know what's funny about sports fans? When one group of fans tells another that they are BETTER fans because they do this or that. Who the f*ck cares? This Jet chant sh*t is so f*cking ridiculous! Adults acting like petulant children regarding a fun chant that hurts NO ONE!

I think it's awesome to watch young Jet fans getting into the game & doing the chant. When did we have the "fun police" telling us what's cool & what's not? 

Of all the things to worry about regarding the Jets & we have people arguing over a Jet chant,lol. Eagles fans look completely lame when they do the Eagles chant because everyone knows it's the Jets chant,lol. Really sad.

LOL!!!!!!

Who called him that, I think it was Boozer back in the day? He said something about everyone from Pa being pig farmers. Duane sat back didn't say a word and then bumped into him at a tailgate. Boozer almost dropped dead on the spot when Duane said I am one of the pig farmers. Good times!

That sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Ed still attend all of the games just not do the chant anymore? Exit strategy? If he really did come back I doubt he'd care doing the chant. Its about a total of 5 minutes per game you make it seem like some huge burden. I think you're overthinking this and care too much. 

I have seen Ed at EVERY game since he moved his seats. Randomly I happen to sit close to where he moved.

He shows up early, is gracious to everyone who stops by for a photo and he never leaves early. The dude is a huge Jets fan, conspiracy theories aside lol.

He doesn't miss a game.

I have seen Ed at EVERY game since he moved his seats. Randomly I happen to sit close to where he moved.

He shows up early, is gracious to everyone who stops by for a photo and he never leaves early. The dude is a huge Jets fan, conspiracy theories aside lol.

He doesn't miss a game.

I met him years ago at a tailgate prior to that snow storm game against Pittsburgh which we won.

Very gracious and engaging.  Hard not to like.  Bleeds green and white.  Nothing phony about him.

hahaha solid idea.. i will see what I can do. 

Any chance you can ask Ed to point up to SARs seats?  He at times does point to different spots of the stadium and I (and I am sure 99% of this board) would love to see him point to section 232a row 1 and call him out in front of 80k fans.

Whoa, wait, I may need more time to rent a bi-plane, set up a website, set up a petition, get a podcast going, reach out to local media, hire a social media coach, and print t-shirts.  Might have to wait to the Philly game so I can get all the pieces in place and monetize this.

SAR I

+1

I always viewed Fireman Ed as an extra piece of entertainment at Jet games.  If you don't enjoy or like his "entertainment", close your eyes and cover your ears when he does his chant.  If you don't you're a hypocrite.  It's like bitching about Francesa and then still continuing to listen to him.

After the Jet's score a touchdown and everyone in my section is cheering and high fiving, Ed's chant is timely, energizing and adds to the game day experience.

So if you don't like him, be sure to sit down after the cheers and the high fives and act like a mute. 

The issue is that we're the only team in professional sports that has a mascot that isn't stuffed and can actually speak.  As such, this isn't something we can just ignore.  We are forced to pay attention.  Pat The Patriot knows when to STFU. 

Firefraud acts like he represents the typical Jets fan and he doesn't.  His chant doesn't get traction, no one pays attention, it's a like those who try to kickstart The Wave back into relevance; it's just embarrassing.

SAR I

Archived