Mariota Passing the Eye Test

jgb

Maybe we should wait till he takes his first regular season snap before we crown him an all-pro, eh?

I will definitely root for him, assuming he isn't playing the Jets.

I must be odd, I almost never "root" for non-Jets.

I don't even "root" for ex-Jets generally.

/shrug

I haven't seem him play yet. And I am not sure why but I am glad he didn't end up in Philly. I will definitely root for him, assuming he isn't playing the Jets.

I agree. I watched some philly preseason games and if they dont average close to 30pts per game I 'd be surprised. Adding Mariota and his mobility to that already ridiculous offense/scheme...it just wouldnt be fair. 

If Philly establishes anything close to a respectable defense they could very well make it to the dance. I picked up Sam Bradford in Fantasy as my #1 just because of this offense. I think he's going to make it through the season and his numbers are going to be ridiculous. 

I agree. I watched some philly preseason games and if they dont average close to 30pts per game I 'd be surprised. Adding Mariota and his mobility to that already ridiculous offense/scheme...it just wouldnt be fair. 

If Philly establishes anything close to a respectable defense they could very well make it to the dance. I picked up Sam Bradford in Fantasy as my #1 just because of this offense. I think he's going to make it through the season and his numbers are going to be ridiculous. 

what would make u think bradford can withstand the pounding in chips offense.  Vick got knocked out snd then foles did as well.  

Bradford will be lucky if he makes it to week 3.

Sam Bradford is 10 times better than Mariota, Kelly and Bradford are the next Payton Brees.

I would have traded the 6th pick for Bradford. 

Sam Bradford is 10 times better than Mariota, Kelly and Bradford are the next Payton Brees.

I would have traded the 6th pick for Bradford. 

Easy to say when referring to a rookie. That being said, all of the work that Chip put forth in order to make an attempt to acquire Mariota supports my view more than it does yours when speaking on Mariota's value to that system. And keep in mind that Kelly already had Bradford as a QB when making these attempts, even using Bradford as a bargaining chip. 

I do think that Bradford is a talented QB thats just been hit with all kinds of injuries. I have a feeling that the running game and Jordan Matthews will provide a nice fit for Bradford. 

Maybe we should wait till he takes his first regular season snap before we crown him an all-pro, eh?

I must be odd, I almost never "root" for non-Jets.

I don't even "root" for ex-Jets generally.

/shrug

Not much a prediction if you wait for the results

Easy to say when referring to a rookie. That being said, all of the work that Chip put forth in order to make an attempt to acquire Mariota supports my view more than it does yours when speaking on Mariota's value to that system. And keep in mind that Kelly already had Bradford as a QB when making these attempts, even using Bradford as a bargaining chip. 

I do think that Bradford is a talented QB thats just been hit with all kinds of injuries. I have a feeling that the running game and Jordan Matthews will provide a nice fit for Bradford. 

Bradford is Tom Brady with athleticism. If he could stay healthy he will pick defenses apart with his ridiculous accuracy.

Bradford is Tom Brady with athleticism. If he could stay healthy he will pick defenses apart with his ridiculous accuracy.

I agree. I disagreed with the "Bradford is 10 times better than Mariota" part. Chip Kelly was willing to trade the "Tom Brady with athleticism" along with draft picks and star defensive players for this kid. 

It would be one thing if this was some random coach that happened to have a hard-on for a QB, but this is a coach that recruited this kid from high school and knows this kid as well as he knows his offensive scheme. That says alot. 

But I dont want to get that confused with the fact that I am 100% on board with Bradford having a breakout year this year. I think he could blow the doors off because he is a better talent than a guy like Foles, who blew the doors off in this very offense. 

I watched the Eagles all summer because I thought that Sanchez might start and I was wondering how he would do.  Well I saw Bradford up and close as far him being seen all summer and this guy is RIDICULOUS!!!  I saw Bradford make pass downfield with pinpoint accuracy that I don't think ANYONE and I mean ANYONE else in the NFL can make. 

If he can stay healthy that Boy is Dangerous!!!

I watched the Eagles all summer because I thought that Sanchez might start and I was wondering how he would do.  Well I saw Bradford up and close as far him being seen all summer and this guy is RIDICULOUS!!!  I saw Bradford make pass downfield with pinpoint accuracy that I don't think ANYONE and I mean ANYONE else in the NFL can make. 

He is most definitely talented, he just needs not to get hurt, especially with him on my fantasy team. 

BAsed on history, what would make anyone think that Sam Bradford will be playing in December????  Dude's a walking injury waiting to happen... 

Well, based on history, every other season that Bradford made it to week one he played all 16 games. History shows us that this year he's scheduled to play in 16 games for as long as he can make it to the field for the game. 

Funny how history can be manipulated. 

He is most definitely talented, he just needs not to get hurt, especially with him on my fantasy team. 

All I can say is go to a Philly Fan Site and you will see how quiet they are.  No chirping, they know that Bradford is good and they are collectively praying that he stays healthy as you suggest because they know if he does that they have a very good chance of going to the SB.  He will, I believe, make that much of a difference. 

People saying that Mariota is just a product of Oregon's system. Don't know what the hell their talking about. He's going to be a great NFL QB.

Being a product of a system (which he was) doesnt mean that he cant be a good/great NFL QB. 

However, 1 is a fact and 1 is an opinion...though an opinion I can see becoming a fact. I think Mariota could do well for as long as they provide a nice line, running game and a defense. 

But we've all seen what Kelly's offense can do for a QB on a professional level. Lets not pretend like that offensive scheme has not contributed to Mariota's success. 

Being a product of a system (which he was) doesnt mean that he cant be a good/great NFL QB. 

However, 1 is a fact and 1 is an opinion...though an opinion I can see becoming a fact. I think Mariota could do well for as long as they provide a nice line, running game and a defense. 

But we've all seen what Kelly's offense can do for a QB on a professional level. Lets not pretend like that offensive scheme has not contributed to Mariota's success. 

I think as long as a quarterback has ability he is going to shine in Oregon's system. Look at Vernon Adams, guy was a great QB at Eastern Washington and comes in with just what two weeks, and shines. It's as much the player as it is the system.

I agree, and I'd give up the 3 1st round picks to sign him next season after Philly franchises him.

I have no sane reason to believe that Bradford will remain upright for 16 games, though

Archived