so which afce team(s) share 1st place with miami next week?

ylekram

I think Miami is a lock

I am starting to think buffalo is a lock, also. I think the pats defense cannot stop the run. plus the bills defense matches up well against the pats offense

jets vs colts is where I am on the fence. angry colts home game and all. but I think in order for the colts to win, fitz has to have a multiple turn over game and luck has got to shred the jets secondary. both need to happen for a colts win.

TY Hilton got injured last Sunday. If he's less than 80% Montcrief, Johnson and Gore will not be able to carry that offense.

Miami takes a win because, JAX.

We could come in and be a mess for Indy. Indy is angry. They've lost two painful games. The AFCCE and against the sexy rexy circus. This could be the game where they bounce back.

Buffalo could win that game and probably creates a lot of problems for NE but a halfway decent TE is Rex's kryptonite. Rex will let Gronkowski get loose a few times and win the game.

Bills absolutely manhandled the Colts on Sunday, Jets are going to visit a hungry 0-1 team with Super Bowl aspirations. Really looking forward to seeing the Jets defense against a quality QB, which neither McCown nor Johnny Football is. Jets took about 28 minutes to get it together in the opener. They certainly did, but this week I'd like to see them start a little quicker than that. Jets are a more physical team than the Colts on both sides of the ball, but it's a QB league. Last thing we want is a shootout between Luck and Fitzpatrick. Jets will have to force the Colts to play their brand of football, and get the crowd out of it early. They have to play strong right out of the gate. 

Rex's defense always confounds Brady, but usually on the way to a loss. But even with no talent on the roster last year against the eventual league champion*, he lost two games by a total of three points last year. He will have a good defensive plan in this game. Conversely, Bill Belichick has had 10 days to prepare for this game, and knows he's headed into a hostile environment with a raucous Bills' crowd. Tyrod Taylor vs. Tom Brady? Gee, I don't know. 

Screw the fish. 

Fish 2-0

Bills 2-0

Pats 1-1

Jets ?  Good question.

This could be the game that defines who our starting QB is.  It's entirely possible we win this one, but I'd normally chalk it up as a loss given it's in Indi and they just lost.  However, really gotta figure Fitz is looking at this situation as perhaps his last great shot.  If he has a good game, we win.  And the starting gig goes to Fitz barring a multi-week collapse moving forward.  A sub-par performance and a loss leaves the door open for Geno. 

Fitz doesn't seem like the type of guy to get all hyped-up.  More cerebral and all that Harvard stuff.  If he can rise to this challenge though, I may have to stop looking at him as a good backup and actually as a good QB.  Will be fun to watch regardless.

Not no problem, but I think the toughest game by far in that stretch is home against the Jets.   And I don't like Ryan Fitz's chances in Foxboro.  

Why not?  Your secondary is nothing to write home about.   I take my chances with Marshall, Decker, Smith and Owusu against your secondary any day of the week. 

Miami takes a win because, JAX.

We could come in and be a mess for Indy. Indy is angry. They've lost two painful games. The AFCCE and against the sexy rexy circus. This could be the game where they bounce back.

Buffalo could win that game and probably creates a lot of problems for NE but a halfway decent TE is Rex's kryptonite. Rex will let Gronkowski get loose a few times and win the game.

Enough with the "they will be angry sh*t". I think Bowles will have the team ready to play, and if we can avoid any killer turnovers or penalties, I fully expect a Jets win. 

Pats are going to steamroll Buffalo.  Rex is 1-7 in his last 8 against NE. 

Dolphins and Jets win.

With that pathetic Jet team last year the Pats steamrolled the Jets 27-25 and 17-16.. Are you using logic or just Rex hate for your conclusion?? The team that steamrolled the Jets last year was the Bills..

Rex always does a nice job against the Pats - but can he have his team motivated two weeks in a row.  All too often one big, emotional, win is followed by a clunker.

My guess is the Bills keep it close but lose late on a Brady drive.

Miami def. wins...

Jets lose to Indy.  Defense isn't ready yet.  If they were playing Indy is week 8 I would like the Jets...

Buffalo surprises the Pats.

Miami walks through Jax.

Jets handle Colts.

You heard it here first! :)

(Or second or third...)

Big step up for Pats young Oline going against the Bills defense compared to that trainwreck Steelers D they just played. Just imagine that the Steelers BEST pass rusher was 37 year old James Harrison,lol!

The Bills ends are Mario Williams & Jerry Hughes! Inside Kyle Williams & they get Marcel Darius back this week! Plus the Pats are not gonna be able to hear themselves think so they will have to go to silent snaps with 3 young players on that Oline. Like NIGHT & DAY from playing in the friendly confines of Gillette.

Andrew Luck actually got himself out of a lot of trouble with his feet, that ain't happening with Tom Brady. This game is all about the Bills offense & can they score. Guarantee you BB is concerned & he'll be forced to go max protect.

When it comes to the Jets vs Colts it's all about containing Luck. We can't let him move the chains with his legs. Do that & feed the beast Ivory until Fitzy can play action & burn them for some big gainers. I love our teams physical nature vs the Colts soft azz finesse team. 

Why not?  Your secondary is nothing to write home about.   I take my chances with Marshall, Decker, Smith and Owusu against your secondary any day of the week. 

Butler and Brown are good enough for government work as long as the Pats D-line wins their matchups often enough.  And I think they will -- enough to win by a small margin.  This is the most talented pass rushing unit the Patriots have had since Vrabel, McGinest and Seymour were all in their primes.  

Butler and Brown are good enough for government work as long as the Pats D-line wins their matchups often enough.  And I think they will -- enough to win by a small margin.  This is the most talented pass rushing unit the Patriots have had since Vrabel, McGinest and Seymour were all in their primes.  

We will see how they do against our Oline.  I like out chances. 

I admire your optimism.  So with a win at Indy and a sweep of NE, as I assume you are projecting, what is your prediction for the Jets this year.  14-2? 

oh lord, more green glasses, huh?  Seeing that a lot around here after thrashing Cleveland...who likely wins 0-1 games...tops...they may be the first team to be -1 and 17...

Big step up for Pats young Oline going against the Bills defense compared to that trainwreck Steelers D they just played. Just imagine that the Steelers BEST pass rusher was 37 year old James Harrison,lol!

The Bills ends are Mario Williams & Jerry Hughes! Inside Kyle Williams & they get Marcel Darius back this week! Plus the Pats are not gonna be able to hear themselves think so they will have to go to silent snaps with 3 young players on that Oline. Like NIGHT & DAY from playing in the friendly confines of Gillette.

Andrew Luck actually got himself out of a lot of trouble with his feet, that ain't happening with Tom Brady. This game is all about the Bills offense & can they score. Guarantee you BB is concerned & he'll be forced to go max protect.

When it comes to the Jets vs Colts it's all about containing Luck. We can't let him move the chains with his legs. Do that & feed the beast Ivory until Fitzy can play action & burn them for some big gainers. I love our teams physical nature vs the Colts soft azz finesse team. 

While I don't disagree with any of this the issue with the Bills/NE game is that Brady doesn't have to get yards on his feet. Rex has always struggled against Brady when they go hurry up offense and when the pass into the middle of the field. NE can run their usual campaign against Rex of hurry up offense and pushing small dump offs 5-10 yards out.

Miami should beat Jacksonville rather easily

bills looked impressive this week but so have the pats

after the smoke cleared, the jets looked like a balanced team for the 1st time in years

indy, no matter how well the jets match up with them, will be angry and hungry

do the bills pull an upset or do the pats keep doing what the pats do?

what do you think?

Jets n Pats. Jets DL molests Luck. 

belicheat has had a game to figure out what TT doesn't like to do, and will work on that.

the cheatahs will run a lot of no huddle to force rex to use hand signals, so brady will know what defense they are in

pats* win

jets lose in gut wrenching shoulda/coulda/woulda fashion because jets

miami loses because they are mediocre 

there will be no tie

Archived