For What It's Worth - Fitzpatrick Has the Best Wonderlic

nyjmichigan

Does it matter? Maybe. Probably not.  But for what it's worth Ryan Fitzpatrick has the best Wonderlic score of all of the current starting quarterbacks in the NFL.  http://nflwonderlictestscores.com/how-smart-is-your-teams-qb/. So hey. There is that.  

I heard he even got the following question right:

1. You are currently on a rookie contract as a 2nd round draft pick and have one last opportunity to prove you can be a starter in this league. You have been handed the starting QB job three years in a row after sham competitions. Accounting for the time-value of money and opportunity cost, how do you react when an undrafted no-named scrub claims you owe him $600?

A. Tell that JAG to GTFO out yo face!

B. Laugh maniacally as you burn a thousand dollar bill in front of his eyes.

C. Take off your shirt, offer your jaw, call him a p*ssy and give him a free shot while you don't defend yourself.

D. Write him a check.

Knowing how to read a playbook in a short amount of time is worthless if you don't have the physical tools to execute the plays within. Fitz is good enough for what we need him to be right now but he will never be a great QB (again we don't need great to compete we just need good enough which I believe he is)

I heard he even got the following question right:

1. You are currently on a rookie contract as a 2nd round draft pick and have one last opportunity to prove you can be a starter in this league. You have been handed the starting QB job three years in a row after sham competitions. Accounting for the time-value of money and opportunity cost, how do you react when an undrafted no-named scrub claims you owe him $600?

A. Tell that JAG to GTFO out yo face!

B. Laugh maniacally as you burn a thousand dollar bill in front of his eyes.

C. Take off your shirt, offer your jaw, call him a p*ssy and give him a free shot while you don't defend yourself.

D. Write him a check.

NVmPAW.gif

Just because he went to Harvard, I don't expect him to be able read defenses.  But I *do* expect him to do fantastically well on any IQ test, compared to other football players.  It just doesn't mean anything, unfortunately.

I went to MIT.  Do you want me to be our starting QB?

Just because he went to Harvard, I don't expect him to be able read defenses.  But I *do* expect him to do fantastically well on any IQ test, compared to other football players.  It just doesn't mean anything, unfortunately.

Did you really go to MIT?

Ah now I get it. The amish rifle..

I heard a radio interview he did last week.  they asked him if he was building the perfect QB which current NFL QB would be pick for....

arm...rodgers

accuracy...brees

toughness....luck

mobility....wilson

then they asked him if they missed anything.  he said "fertility.  me and rivers would lead the league"

he has 5 kids, rivers has like 7

I dont know, do we?  It's been pretty bad around here for a long long time. 

Tyrod Taylor & Michael Vick also went to technical school. And I think Taylor can spell Google.

Well, no. If you went to MIT it means you can't play, so this strikes me as a fairly silly scenario.

Well, no. If you went to MIT it means you can't play, so this strikes me as a fairly silly scenario.

Well, I'm not particularly good at playing any form of football, but I could totally nail the Wonderlic.

And yes, MIT has a football team.  I once saw them beat SMU.  Though it was Southeastern Massachusetts University.  (In George Steinbrenner stadium, believe it or not.)

Well, I'm not particularly good at playing any form of football, but I could totally nail the Wonderlic.

And yes, MIT has a football team.  I once saw them beat SMU.  Though it was Southeastern Massachusetts University.  (In George Steinbrenner stadium, believe it or not.)

No sh*t?

Funny story, one time I was working at MIT as a janitor even though I felt like I was smarter than most of the people who go there. Sometimes I saw an equation written on a blackboard, like half an equation and I would just figure it out.

No sh*t?

Funny story, one time I was working at MIT as a janitor even though I felt like I was smarter than most of the people who go there. Sometimes I saw an equation written on a blackboard, like half an equation and I would just figure it out.

You know the new addition to the Guggenheim?  I designed that.  And it didn't take me very long.

Long Division III maybe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Football_Conference

Here's a boxscore from when UMass Dartmouth (formerly SMU) played at MIT - though this was a few years after I was there.

I'm so glad I can finally make a meaningful contribution to this site!  Feel free to ask me anything.  I'm sure you all find this as fascinating as I do!

Archived