We need another RB

joewilly12

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE NEED A RB Ivory did nothing today Stacey nothing Ridley?  discuss 

The Jets got down too much too quickly and with the injury to Fitz, there wasn't much room to run. Mangold out was huge. Raiders also have one of the top run defenses in the NFL. They do need a pass catching back, but there really isn't one available or they'd be signed. Ridley will get his chance. 

I didn't care for the Stacy trade when they made it. I didn't mind him sticking to the roster, but not there's a reason Jeff Fisher had Benny Cunningham ahead of him, and then drafted Tre Mason and Todd Gurley to replace him.

Should have drafted Gurley over Williams, stupid Redskins not taking Williams. 

Free agent RB Joseph Randle went unclaimed on waivers.

He's free to sign with any team. Randle had four touchdowns and averaged 4.1 YPC in six games with Dallas, but needs to clear his off-field issues before getting a second chance.

pending legal issues

Randle was involved in an incident in February in Wichita, Kansas that is believe to have precipitated this move. He was arrested on a marijuana possession charge after police were called about a domestic violence dispute in which a weapon was involved. He's facing discipline from the league for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Randle had been away from the team since Oct. 28.

In addition to the legal issues, Randle is dealing with a personal problem. He made a call to police in Irving, Texas, last week because of concern about the whereabouts of his girlfriend. No foul play was suspected.

After Sunday's game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he was concerned about Randle's well-being.

pending legal issues

Randle was involved in an incident in February in Wichita, Kansas that is believe to have precipitated this move. He was arrested on a marijuana possession charge after police were called about a domestic violence dispute in which a weapon was involved. He's facing discipline from the league for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Randle had been away from the team since Oct. 28.

In addition to the legal issues, Randle is dealing with a personal problem. He made a call to police in Irving, Texas, last week because of concern about the whereabouts of his girlfriend. No foul play was suspected.

After Sunday's game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he was concerned about Randle's well-being.

Sheldon and him will get along just fine....what dont you get WE NEED A RB ....Powell still hurt....Stacey SUCKS 

Ivory has averaged below 1.5 yards the last 2 starts. While he may be Beastmode-lite he is not super durable. and I do not think we will get much from him the rest of the year. But at least we have....oh wait

We really need to address RB this offseason. Along with OL. WR, OLB. ILB, S, KR/PR,  I think we need to enjoy whatever success we have this year, we could have a rough 2-3 years coming up to rebuild this roster and get younger and faster.

Ivory has averaged below 1.5 yards the last 2 starts. While he may be Beastmode-lite he is not super durable. and I do not think we will get much from him the rest of the year. But at least we have....oh wait

We really need to address RB this offseason. Along with OL. WR, OLB. ILB, S, KR/PR,  I think we need to enjoy whatever success we have this year, we could have a rough 2-3 years coming up to rebuild this roster and get younger and faster.

WR and S need to be addressed? Seriously? Pryor is two years in and they just signed Gilchrist. Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith. None of those guys are going anywhere any time soon. Please. Find a grip. 

Sheldon and him will get along just fine....what dont you get WE NEED A RB ....Powell still hurt....Stacey SUCKS 

dude.  maccagnan is counting on you.  he needs the fans to come up with ideas to improve the team, and all you got is Randle ?  do the research.  find all the street free agents, see if any of them has played for gailey, and then scrub them to make sure they don't have any serious legal issues or injury issues and report back

dude.  maccagnan is counting on you.  he needs the fans to come up with ideas to improve the team, and all you got is Randle ?  do the research.  find all the street free agents, see if any of them has played for gailey, and then scrub them to make sure they don't have any serious legal issues or injury issues and report back

Larz Ivory is do or die when he's healthy none better  in the NFL when he's hurt we rely on Stacey. Powell is injured. Maccagnan should be addressing this situation. 

Larz Ivory is do or die when he's healthy none better  in the NFL when he's hurt we rely on Stacey. Powell is injured. Maccagnan should be addressing this situation. 

ok.  so if someone wanted to address the situation after the trade deadline, who is available that hasn't beat the sh*t out of a woman or had their knee obliterated ?  you gotta put some work in joe

Late to the party-- 

Kind of dumb position to take on this topic, but I still haven't "gotten over" Taking L. Williams over Gurley. I banged the table then, and I'm still doing it now. You look at the roster, and next year (Ivory a FA) and the selection of Williams over a generation talent like Gurley - just doesn't go down well. Williams is coming along nicely as a rookie, but don't try and sell him to me as the same level of talent at his position, as Gurley is to Running Backs. 

Late to the party-- 

Kind of dumb position to take on this topic, but I still haven't "gotten over" Taking L. Williams over Gurley. I banged the table then, and I'm still doing it now. You look at the roster, and next year (Ivory a FA) and the selection of Williams over a generation talent like Gurley - just doesn't go down well. Williams is coming along nicely as a rookie, but don't try and sell him to me as the same level of talent at his position, as Gurley is to Running Backs. 

Aside from our ill fated bet, that would still be a monster risk pick considering the injury.  Who knows though, if Williams was gone maybe they consider it?

They do need to change the makeup of the RB room. I love Ivory, but hes not a "Feature Back". His running style almost guarantees that hes knicked up for significant time. He needs a compliment to split carries with.

Bilal Powell, Zach Stacey, and Ridley are all Jags, and they're all kind of the same type of Jags. Not particularly fast, between the tackles runners. We need a guy on the roster with real breakaway speed, who can pop a long one at any given time. A real change-up back with Speed.

Aside from Ivory, none of our other RBs have a second gear, much less can they be a breakaway threat, and when Ivory is knicked we're just putting out poor mans versions of him.

WR and S need to be addressed? Seriously? Pryor is two years in and they just signed Gilchrist. Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith. None of those guys are going anywhere any time soon. Please. Find a grip. 

They need to address WR right now.  Enunwa is suspended.  Marshall, Owusu and Smith are hurt.  Decker is coming off an injury.  They are running with a hobbled Marshall, Decker and Kerley.  Kembrell Thompkins played like 75% of the snaps on Sunday.  I am a bit more concerned about that than you numbnuts worrying that Ridley is a JAG.

They need to address WR right now.  Enunwa is suspended.  Marshall, Owusu and Smith are hurt.  Decker is coming off an injury.  They are running with a hobbled Marshall, Decker and Kerley.  Kembrell Thompkins played like 75% of the snaps on Sunday.  I am a bit more concerned about that than you numbnuts worrying that Ridley is a JAG.

Well I'm glad you can take the thought of the WR position as a whole into the future and then narrow it down to talk about this weekend when that's not what my post was in reference to. That's like saying someone is obese because of the pizza they ate this one time. If you want to talk about receivers for this weekend, fine but don't quote my post about which that has nothing to do with.

They do need to change the makeup of the RB room. I love Ivory, but hes not a "Feature Back". His running style almost guarantees that hes knicked up for significant time. He needs a compliment to split carries with.

Bilal Powell, Zach Stacey, and Ridley are all Jags, and they're all kind of the same type of Jags. Not particularly fast, between the tackles runners. We need a guy on the roster with real breakaway speed, who can pop a long one at any given time. A real change-up back with Speed.

Aside from Ivory, none of our other RBs have a second gear, much less can they be a breakaway threat, and when Ivory is knicked we're just putting out poor mans versions of him.

Ivory really reminds me of Marion Barber when he was good on Dallas.

Great for 12-15 carries a game, but he's so violent that when he runs 20-25 times a game he gets beat up.  Thing is, 15 carries a game at 4.5 per carry is almost 1100 yards, that's a real good player.  But they need another element, especially a speed element.  I thought Chris Johnson would be that, but he wasn't, and if you watch him in AZ, he isn't real fast anymore.

Archived