Geno Commenting on IK

AFJF

Great exchange between Geno and a reporter about IK

Geno: I don't take it personally

Reporter: Why don't you take it personally that he punched you?

Geno: Why would I?

Reporter: Because he punched you.

Geno: Next question

IMO I know that Geno was the victim.............................

But there is something a little off about this guy.......

Something......

Does anyone else want to argue that this guy is NOT dumb as a box of rocks? Of course he doesn't take the punch personally, is because it was his fault.

He took the high road in that scenario.  Even if he did take it personal, what is he going to do about it?  Meet him at mid field and start a fight during the coin toss?  That wouldnt go well, I dont think.  

It's the high road but no one buys it.  HE could hav said, obvisouly it was an unfortunate incident that we both took personally.  The only thing that matters now is getting a Win on Thursday.

But that also would be a lie, so its a "damn if you do, damn if you dont" situation when it comes to fans that want to make a big deal about nothing anyway. 

Best for him to reply this way- not creating even more controversy over it and the game

I remember his rookie year, we went 8-8 and he seemed so mature. He was thrown to the wolves and responded well.  Shame whats happened, I thought he would have a break out year 2,  well...it was just break.

Best for him to reply this way- not creating even more controversy over it and the game

Exactly...I just thought the exchange was hilarious.  Geno has to know why the guy was asking if he took it personally, so the reporter having to explain "because he punched you in the face" made it awkward/funny IMO.

I think IK should go for a boat ride.....  say a hail Mary first of course.

"Just sit right back
And you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this tiny ship."

I swear, Gilligan wouldn't have lasted a day on that island with IK.

But that also would be a lie, so its a "damn if you do, damn if you dont" situation when it comes to fans that want to make a big deal about nothing anyway. 

Huh? What he said was clearly a lie, he didn't take it personal. Come on..

If Geno said yeah it sucked but that's in the past and I'm focused on the future at least you could pretend to believe him

I'd fist-bump you but I fear your judgment if you're not a fist-bump person and oh god these anxieties I'll just nod oh god I look like a rapist with all this nodding

Ever have someone try and give you a high five and you fist bump their open palm?

Yeah. It happened.

Seriously though...is it strange that there's a part of me rooting even harder for Geno after that?  I'm really starting to think there is a social anxiety type of thing with him there. Something isn't right and may not really be his fault for how he comes across.

ever have someone lean in to give you a bro-hug and you scream in terror?

Only when they're wearing a Steelers jersey.

Oh god, I'm so afraid that I haven't earned enough clout to make that joke. Especially when I don't know the story behind it. I just recall it being referenced. I want to fit in.

He took the high road in that scenario.  Even if he did take it personal, what is he going to do about it?  Meet him at mid field and start a fight during the coin toss?  That wouldnt go well, I dont think.  

I say he should go for it. Hes not going to play QB after this season might as well go out in a blaze of glory

Archived