Revis Doesn't Practice, Still in Concussion Protocol

CrazyCarl40

These are my thoughts about Revis. NEP signed him because at 12 mil per it was a good deal. Even BB thought he was elite enough to pay double figures. And for the most part he doesn't shell out that kind of bread esp for a DB. There is no way that Kraft was going to give him 20 mil for the 2015 season. They don't kill their cap on individual stars they usually just replace them. As for Revis this year. For the most part he has been a leader on defense and covered his area of the field well. Not that many plays against him. But you can see he has coverage lapses and above average receivers can deke him out often. He takes a good fake. He is not worth 16 mil but on this team his leadership and experience are badly needed and it kind of makes up for his diminishing skill level. He is guaranteed 39 mil on his deal so they're stuck with him. Nobody would trade for that contract http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/darrelle-revis/. Unfortunately his only Super Bowl ring might just been last year. He'll probably be a Jet for his entire career minus two seasons.

For all the sh!t eating grinning people have enjoyed putting Revis down this week...his coverage of Landry, especially in the red zone, including a game winning pick, was monumental in us winning that game.  Not having him to cover Landry may be the difference this week.

These are my thoughts about Revis. NEP signed him because at 12 mil per it was a good deal. Even BB thought he was elite enough to pay double figures. And for the most part he doesn't shell out that kind of bread esp for a DB. There is no way that Kraft was going to give him 20 mil for the 2015 season. They don't kill their cap on individual stars they usually just replace them. As for Revis this year. For the most part he has been a leader on defense and covered his area of the field well. Not that many plays against him. But you can see he has coverage lapses and above average receivers can deke him out often. He takes a good fake. He is not worth 16 mil but on this team his leadership and experience are badly needed and it kind of makes up for his diminishing skill level. He is guaranteed 39 mil on his deal so they're stuck with him. Nobody would trade for that contract http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/darrelle-revis/. Unfortunately his only Super Bowl ring might just been last year. He'll probably be a Jet for his entire career minus two seasons.

If we never knew the 08 09 Revis his play this year would make us all hard as nails. I am happy to pay him a little over asking, to keep him a Jet for his career.

For all the sh!t eating grinning people have enjoyed putting Revis down this week...his coverage of Landry, especially in the red zone, including a game winning pick, was monumental in us winning that game.  Not having him to cover Landry may be the difference this week.

You are right, without Revis and Mangold I don't see us winning the game.

Man, Bowles must really not like Milliner.  I mean, we all know that he's fragile.  But at least some of us hoped he could be decent when he was healthy...  I guess Bowles isn't in that camp...

Bowles came with an agenda it seems. 

The New York Jets will be without CB Darrelle Revis (concussion) in Week 12 when they host the Miami Dolphins.

The Jets have struggled against the pass in recent weeks, allowing 295.4 passing yards per game over the last five weeks, and the absence of Revis won't help their cause. The Jets D/ST will be a middling fantasy option in Week 12 at home against Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins.

Archived