Updated scenarios post MNF

jetscrazey

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario

Jets clinch a playoff berth with a Win OR Pittsburgh loss

Jets get the #5 seed if they win and either KC or Denver loses.  They would play the Texans in this case.

Jets get the #6 seed if they win (or Pitt loses) and both KC and Denver win.  In this case, they'd go to Cincinnati.

EDIT:  There is one wacky scenario where NYJ, Pit, and KC and/or Den ALL lose, in which case the Jets would go to Denver or KC.  Other than that, it's either Cincy or Houston.

Only if New England loses to Miami this week.  Which isn't happening.  So 99% no.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

JETS RELEASE GENO SMITH, DOLPHINS CLAIM SMITH OFF WAIVERS.

MIAMI, FLA 12/29/15 12:16am

Dolpjins Head Coach cites Smith's previous STELLAR  Season Finale games to console a losing and lost NFL season to hopefully upset the New England Patriots this Sunday.

"I mean, what he did to us back in the final game of 2013 knocking US out of the playoffs back then, and how he finished last year on a higher note was enough to get the Green light to go out and get him. Hell, he saved Rex's ass 2 years ago, maybe he can remove the "interim" off my job description."

Jets get the #5 seed if they win and either KC or Denver loses.  They would play the Texans in this case.

Jets get the #6 seed if they win (or Pitt loses) and both KC and Denver win.  In this case, they'd go to Cincinnati.

It looks like there is no scenario where the Jets would go to KC or Denver in the wild card.  It's either Cincy or Houston.

this Denver win is annoying.  Would have had control of the fifth seed with a win. 

Interesting... Did not realize @KC was not in play if they took the division.

I just figured out, there is one wacky scenario where NYJ, Pit, and either KC or Den all lose, in which case the Jets could go to KC or Den depending on which one of the two loses.  Other than that one scenario, it's not in play.

In a perfect world we get 5th seed beat Texans, someone else knocks off Pats in Div. round and we never have to see them but I don't see that.

Your name is "Patriot Killa", not "Patriot Avoida".

Bring the mother****ers on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That injury really screwed CIN. Dalton may not even play the divisional round. Which does wonders for us if indeed we are 6th seed. It'll be an 09' wildcard rematch. Except CIN is way better then the 09' team they fielded.

Dalton looks like he will be out if the Bengals play in the wild card round: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/28/bengals-andy-dalton-injury-update-thumb-aj-mccarron

Taking over the division for years to come???

That's pretty funny.

When Brady Retires and Belichick quits who is the QB and coach of the Pats ? You guys had a great run but even you know that does not last forever a new coach will bring in a new system and then its all a crap shoot.

We'd match up well vs  Cincy. 

Plus, there's no worry about playing in the glorified air up in Denver

Anyway, let's first win against the Billls.

dude jets lost to TJ Yates in Houston, AJ played very well in a hostile stadium vs the #1 ranked def in NFL. He made himself some coin when he goes FA  in 2 yrs

When Brady Retires and Belichick quits who is the QB and coach of the Pats ? You guys had a great run but even you know that does not last forever a new coach will bring in a new system and then its all a crap shoot.

We'll take over the division before Brady and Belichick go away.  We must.  No f*cking way they get to just ride off into the sunset after cheating their way to yet another first place finish.  The Universe/football gods/Actual God just can't allow that.

EDIT:  There is one wacky scenario where NYJ, Pit, and KC and/or Den ALL lose, in which case the Jets would go to Denver or KC.  Other than that, it's either Cincy or Houston.

there are so many scenarios.  the jets can be the 5th or 6th seed and play at cincy, or denver, or houston, or KC.

dude jets lost to TJ Yates in Houston, AJ played very well in a hostile stadium vs the #1 ranked def in NFL. He made himself some coin when he goes FA  in 2 yrs

Jets lost to TJ Yates and the rest of the Texans TEAM ... their D played a much more important role than the QB in that game, in my opinion.

If we meet again, I doubt you can draw any conclusions from that first game as to how the second one would pan out. Though hopefully the Jets account a little more for that Watt fellow. ;)

Jets lost to TJ Yates and the rest of the Texans TEAM ... their D played a much more important role than the QB in that game, in my opinion.

If we meet again, I doubt you can draw any conclusions from that first game as to how the second one would pan out. Though hopefully the Jets account a little more for that Watt fellow. ;)

Bengals have a better def than Hou

Cinci is a tough team in general ... And before the fumbled snap AJ was doing reasonably well in a tough place . Although his WR's were helping him with some tough catches early.

they don't have a history of recent postseason success though ... And we certainly would have a decent chance to win against them

Archived