Jets are freaking talented!

Jetster

Outside of Tight End & a stud edge rusher, this team matches up with any team left in the playoffs. Teams deemed "dangerous" are teams that have a few guys that can change a close game in an instant. Or they have a few players that can just get beastly & take over a game by themselves.

When looking at the Jets depending on the matchups someone like Marshall is scary. Here's a guy averaging over 100 yards a game, who's a beast in the redzone. So, you double him with help over the top, than who covers Decker in the slot? OK, keep a LB off the LOS to try & get between Decker & the QB and Ivory could take over between the tackles (forcing DBs & Safeties to stick their noses in there to get bloodied).

I started a post a while back where I felt we were really missing Powell & Enunwa, took some heat & got some of the "those guys are jags" rhetoric, but have since been vindicated in my belief that those two played a major role in this teams overall success. Last week even Ridley gained some confidence in himself which can only help going forward.

On defense, we have enough studs who have game changing ability in a close game. Whether it's a strip sack from the Dline, or a pick by our secondary, with Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Revis, Marcus, Pryor, we have big time players who could change the complexion of a game with just one big play at the right moment. The biggest difference from 2009/2010 compared to this group is that teams ACTUALLY have to be concerned with our offense. This team is so much more balanced & obviously more fun to watch.

Cant wait for Sunday. I specifically remember watching Rex jumping up & down throwing around the F bomb thinking, lord please make that last game meaningful. Bowles kept this team together & on an even keel throughout the season, no super highs, no super lows, just a methodical, "we have to get better" mentality that has permeated itself throughout this team. Thank you Mac, thank you Todd, thank you Bruce Ariens for mentoring our new captain. Our Jets are storming through the end of the season without any brash bravado but with a quiet confidence that will make any fan base in the NFL uncomfortable if their favorite team ends up having to play the Jets in the playoffs. Amazing to think fans of other teams will by praying that someone knock off the NY Jets from advancing to make their own path to the Super Bowl easier. Quite the turn around. Todd Bowles should win Coach of the Year.

Outside of Tight End & a stud edge rusher, this team matches up with any team left in the playoffs.

Agreed.  Other than Brady, Wilson, Cam, Palmer, and Rodgers, and maybe Manning depending on his health/decline, Fitzpatrick is at least as good as any QB in the playoffs.

Foe the 1st poster Jetster, like you said on Ivory, it didn't seem so major on the play prior to the 48 yard gain in OT against the Pats, but it was analyzed and when Ivory got the 2 yard gain right before that large gain, he hit one of the DBs so hard the guy was out on his feet. He had to go out of the game and the secondary then missing him all got discombobulated and had trouble with handling coverages properly. This put the Pats D on their heels and before they new it another couple plays & the Jets in the EZ and the game is over. But, the Ivory play caused the chain reaction. Not a sexy play for a 2 yard gain, but that play had teeth. 

Another guy making a difference is Maulden. Against the Pats he had 4 hurries and the sack when he dragged Brady down by his feet saved 4 points since with more time that clown would have got a TD and they had to kick a FG after that sack.

Also, give Bowles credit for the pick of Chan Gailey, but this is the 1st OC I have seen since Henning that actually calls plays that keep D's guessing and off balance. Today Manish Mehta said with the talent we currently have Rex would have got us to the playoffs as well. Not sure I agree since in 6 years he never picked a good OC and our O just never cut the mustard. 

Over Rivera, Arians or Lewis?

Please.

Todd Bowles took over a 4-12 team, and is 1 win from the playoffs, and a 7 win improvement. Ron Rivera coached a team into the divisional round last year. Bruce Arians had a team destined for the Super Bowl last year up until Carson Palmer's injury.Marvin Lewis is probably the worst coach in the NFL. You can't justify keeping a coach for 13 seasons and still having no playoff wins. 

Todd Bowles took over a 4-12 team, and is 1 win from the playoffs, and a 7 win improvement. Ron Rivera coached a team into the divisional round last year. Bruce Arians had a team destined for the Super Bowl last year up until Carson Palmer's injury.Marvin Lewis is probably the worst coach in the NFL. You can't justify keeping a coach for 13 seasons and still having no playoff wins. 

the panthers are 1 win away from a 7-win improvement from last season too

I'm a faux jets fan because I know the actual stats? Or do you just like making up fake stats because it makes you feel better? 

I've seen your posts here they are all negative. Your a poser, posing as Jet fan for what reason I don't know? But your way too obvious.

It is so much more talented than the 2010-11 team. Would love to see what Rex could do with this team.

We

I don't dislike bowles I just see him as a stop gap until we reload our aging roster and find a long-term QB and coach.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

It is so much more talented than the 2010-11 team. Would love to see what Rex could do with this team.

We

I don't dislike bowles I just see him as a stop gap until we reload our aging roster and find a long-term QB and coach.

Don't see Bowles As a stop gap. Young and bright enough to have a long future if he wants it. Agree he needs to find that QB for the long haul to marry up with in order to have that bright future. Hope Petty can be that guy so the search can be called off.

We

671256e55e7b94c478f77c4dd2aa2641afb98ec7

We

You just got to see what he could do with a very talented roster in Buffalo. Maybe we'll hire Rex back after he gets fired next year.

Agreed.  Other than Brady, Wilson, Cam, Palmer, and Rodgers, and maybe Manning depending on his health/decline, Fitzpatrick is at least as good as any QB in the playoffs.

the great thing is Outside of Brady we won't see the other top QB's this year until the Super Bowl 

Our chance to win it all is all about our defense.  It has to live up to billing.  Early in the season Sheldon was suspended and then took a few weeks to get in sync.  Plus Leonard Williams was just getting his career started.  And Mauldin as well.  I think there's hope they can gel.  If so, we will be a scary team to play in the post-season.  I still don't think we can beat the Pats in New England if they're healthy (Amendola, Edelman, probably a couple of OL).  We dominated play against them last week and it still was a knock-down drag-out fight that we won in OT.  They're really a tough team to beat.  But I think we'd have a shot against the Bengals, Broncos, etc. 

I'm getting ahead of myself here though.   The Jets still might not even make it.  I think it'll be a tough game Sunday.

I've seen your posts here they are all negative. Your a poser, posing as Jet fan for what reason I don't know? But your way too obvious.

I wasn't being negative I was correcting your statement that Brandon Marshall averages over 100 yards a game, again which was wrong. You can call me all the names in the world but you don't need to make up lies 

Rex would **** it up. He'd gas up players heads leading to our team not showing up to play most of the time. Leading to players walking off the field shaking their heads talking about running through walls, great weeks of practice, good game plans, and loving Rex. We saw where that road leads. While the roster was not very talented towards the end the culture Rex instilled was not a productive one. Talent rarely developed and accountability was lacking. 

Archived