Chase Daniel, or Sam Bradford....

Lupz27

Which ever QB doesn't end up in Philly, if its Daniel I think I'd also like Fitzpatrick back to, but if it's Bradford obviously Fitzpatrick is gone.

And please don't link the stupid Brandon Marshall quote about Fitz, this coming from the guy who wouldn't let any1 but Geno throw him passes in training camp last year, dude might have got his act together off the field, but his emotions, and mental state is still in question with some of his comments. 

I am curious to see what will happen with Kirk Cousins.  It will be interesting to see if Cousins is willing to sign, or force them to use the franchise tag.  The Jets tried to trade for him last year, and may be an option.  

Wilkerson for Cousins?  

Where did Daniels come from?

I would take Bradford in a heartbeat, at the right price.  

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The real question is who is the crappier qb?

The real question is when am I going to change your avatar picture if you don't do it yourself. I just think it's TX until/unless you write something obviously from a Jets fan's POV.

Can't you change it to a motion-gif of a big bouncing rack or something? :) 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The real question is when am I going to change your avatar picture if you don't do it yourself. I just think it's TX until/unless you write something obviously from a Jets fan's POV.

Can't you change it to a motion-gif of a big bouncing rack or something? :) 

Now that would be sexist Sperm

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Neither one is a clear upgrade over Fitzpatrick and I'd imagine they'll both ask for more money than he would.

Kirk Cousins is not an option because Washington is going to give him a Dolphins-Tannehill-esque deal and then regret it in two years.

This nonsense happens every year the amateur hour GM's come up with a half dozen names of qb's who have been terrible but if they just put on a green uniform it will be 1998 again.

Last year the flavor was Jake Locker, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallet.  Two are out of the NFL already and Hoyer won't have a starting job by week 8 next season

Show me where Chase Daniel has been terrible, he outplayed A Smith in the last 2 preseasons, and many thought if it wasn't for the contract of Smith, Chase would have started, and he will be WAY cheaper than Fitz, if Fitz doesn't get 10+ million on this next deal (Jets better not give him that) he is a fool, NFL is a business, and if he doesn't cash in this year he will never get another opportunity. 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

I miss all the "should we trade up for MM" chatter.

Well soon enough the chatter will start for the guy who plays in the farm college subdivision, FCS, and expect him to make a jump to the NFL and start day one.  

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

And Sam Bradford would become the 3rd most talented QB this franchise ever had if he signed here, I get it if it's about the injury concerns, but the talent is there.

Joe Namath, Vinny Testeverde, Ken O'Brien, Brett Favre, Chad Pennington.  At least number 6.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Which ever QB doesn't end up in Philly, if its Daniel I think I'd also like Fitzpatrick back to, but if it's Bradford obviously Fitzpatrick is gone.

And please don't link the stupid Brandon Marshall quote about Fitz, this coming from the guy who wouldn't let any1 but Geno throw him passes in training camp last year, dude might have got his act together off the field, but his emotions, and mental state is still in question with some of his comments. 

You believe Philly is going to pay big money for him?

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So help me if this team forks over $15-20M/year on Bradford...

I'd do that before I traded Wilkerson for Cousins. 

9 hours ago, hawk said:

I am curious to see what will happen with Kirk Cousins.  It will be interesting to see if Cousins is willing to sign, or force them to use the franchise tag.  The Jets tried to trade for him last year, and may be an option.  

Wilkerson for Cousins?  

Where did Daniels come from?

I would take Bradford in a heartbeat, at the right price.  

Cousins for Wilkerson means the Jets have to sign him.  How much do you think that he will expect after we trade him for a $10M+ player?  Are the Skins going to tag him first?  Dear God, $19M for Kirk Cousins?  The Jets were going to trade for him to backup Fitzpatrick when Geno got decked.  They weren't trying to trade for him as a starter or they would have been making that move before they traded for Fitzpatrick.

I like the idea of chase daniel, it's a low risk move and the guy might have some upside. who knows, I think macc has enough confidence in his scouting to leave no stone unturned in the QB search. I would also sign bradford if the money is right, but I have a feeling he's going to end up in houston

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Cousins for Wilkerson means the Jets have to sign him.  How much do you think that he will expect after we trade him for a $10M+ player?  Are the Skins going to tag him first?  Dear God, $19M for Kirk Cousins?  The Jets were going to trade for him to backup Fitzpatrick when Geno got decked.  They weren't trying to trade for him as a starter or they would have been making that move before they traded for Fitzpatrick.

Of course they would have to sign him.  No team is going to trade for a player on a one year deal (Franchise Tag).  That goes for any hopes the Jets may have for moving Mo as well.  

Regardless of why they were looking to trade for him, they were looking to trade for him.  Obviously, they thought he was worth trading for.  Then he went out and had a solid year, and showed progression every week.  So yes, I am interested to see how that plays out.  

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Both are very clearly # 2's, and Bradford would be expensive.  No to him for sure, and Daniel will likely end up following Pederson to Philly to try to compete to be the starter.   

Bradford looked bad for a guy that is going to get so much money. Definitely no thanks.

Archived