Per Evan Silva on Twitter regarding Fitz

SR24

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So it's Fitzpatrick's fault the Bills gave him 24 million guaranteed? Is he supposed to say no?

No, he was supposed to earn it or at least keep playing at a decent level.  

Now are we supposed to say, "yes please, F us up the @ss too Fitz"?

Screw him.  Move on with the relief of knowing Macc made the right call.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. The Jets brought in Hoyer and took him out to dinner because it's Geno time. Come on guys. Let's get smart about this. If Geno was the man, why bring in Fitz last season?

For a BACKUP if you remember correctly Geno Smith was the STARTER until the locker room incident. 

Donate your Fitzpatriick shirt to goodwill. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Petty, Geno and 1 of... Hack, Cook, Prescott, Hogan or Brissett?

It is, what it is.

Fitz's strength was getting the ball out quick, leadership and knowing the offense. Not really anything else. Surely these skills aren't exclusive to him... 

If I were to only watch the Jets the last decade or so, and ignore the opposing QBs, I would say yes, yes they certainly seem to be... Le sigh

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

No, he was supposed to earn it or at least keep playing at a decent level.  

Now are we supposed to say, "yes please, F us up the @ss too Fitz".

Screw him.  Move on with the relief of knowing Macc made the right call.

You pay for future performance, not previous. The Bills fans should be mad at their front office, not the player.

Nobody wants to give Fitz a contract he doesn't deserve, including MM, TB, and others here. What they do want is competent quarterback play until a draft pick or Petty are ready to see if they have what it takes. That doesn't necessarily have to be Fitz, but he was/is the best option for that.

If he's still in the roster, I think Geno extends his streak of 14 games on the bench well into next year.  Could be the anti-Ripken if he hangs around long enough.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

For a BACKUP if you remember correctly Geno Smith was the STARTER until the locker room incident. 

Donate your Fitzpatriick shirt to goodwill. 

Geno Smith was the "starter" in name only. There was no chance once games were being played that Geno would hold that spot. The writing was on the wall.

I don't have a Fitz shirt. I still have my Chrebet one though.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno Smith was the "starter" in name only. There was no chance once games were being played that Geno would hold that spot. The writing was on the wall.

I don't have a Fitz shirt. I still have my Chrebet one though.

Ok Carl and you know this how. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You pay for future performance, not previous. The Bills fans should be mad at their front office, not the player.

Nobody wants to give Fitz a contract he doesn't deserve, including MM, TB, and others here. What they do want is competent quarterback play until a draft pick or Petty are ready to see if they have what it takes. That doesn't necessarily have to be Fitz, but he was/is the best option for that.

I understand.  And it makes sense.  We just disagree.  And I'm happy it seems Macc is thinking similarly to me.  Though anything can still happen.

Just now, Mike135 said:

I understand.  And it makes sense.  We just disagree.  And I'm happy it seems Macc is thinking similarly to me.  Though anything can still happen.

I have faith in MM to do what's best for the team. He obviously disagrees with your assessment of Fitz, as you seem to not want him to return at all. Fitz has flaws, but last season was the first season in how long that Jets games were exciting and fun to watch after week 7 in how long? There is no excitement to be derived from a Geno Smith led season. Jets fans have already had to sit through two years of that. A third would be torture.

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. The Jets brought in Hoyer and took him out to dinner because it's Geno time. Come on guys. Let's get smart about this. If Geno was the man, why bring in Fitz last season?

OK then, Hoyer time until Petty or the rook is ready. Is that any better?

In a way I'm glad we are sticking to our guns.  There is no point in over-paying for mediocre talent, so I hope Fitz enjoys his retirement.   Funny he considers it an insult when no team wanted him last year for anything but a 7th round pick, and he basically stole money from the Bills by signing that big contract.   

The happiest person on the team might be Devin Smith.  

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There is no excitement to be derived from a Geno Smith led season. Jets fans have already had to sit through two years of that. A third would be torture.

As I type this Kool and the Gang's celebration is being looped in my house.

There definitely is excitement to be had.  Though it's only April.  I gotta "kool" it down a bit.  Just happy we may actually give a young QB a legit shot instead of overpaying for a mediocre dead-end.

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You mentioned his health did you not?? 

You're making zero sense.

Fitz isn't going down a coal mine anytime soon. He's pretty much set and even if he isn't, has a nice education to fall back on. There's nothing that would present the immediate physical risk to him the way NFL Football would, which I'm sure he knows better than you having actually taken the hits. This is a guy who dives head first to get extra yards, who risked a concussion to get the Jets a TD vs the Texans last year. This is the guy you're all giving sh*t to for putting a price on that. Get the f*ck out.

I don't know how true this is but if he is firm about getting 16 mil per year then the Jets have to go forward without him. And I'm a big fan of his but he isn't worth that figure if that's what he's asking for. If he wants in the 10 mil range with maybe a few incentives I think we should sign him. Maybe like a lot of players he's getting tired of getting his head handed to him and his brains scrambled plus broken bones, etc. And seeing older players who can barely walk and talk. 

Just now, nyjunc said:
  1. I spoke to a source who said the report about Fitzpatrick being willing to sit out is not true. Fitz wants to play.

If that's true then it's pretty classless reporting. Would seriously affect how teams evaluate him, it's not something you put out as a negotiation tactic, which is why I think most of the gloating in this thread is ridiculous.

Archived