Foles Is Now Available

KRL

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Number one I am no "FITZNATION" guy. You right He did choke away a playoff berth with 2 bad losses to the Bills. Hell if He beats them in the last game of the season they are a playoff team. You seriously cannot believe Friggin Geno would be better? Especially with the beast of a schedule We have? A veteran guy who knows the offense or a immature a-hole who does not have the teams respect? Now who's nuts?

We dont know what Geno Smith would have done with the weapons and and easy schedule now do we, we do now what Fitzpatrick did ](*,)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

We dont know what Geno Smith would have done with the weapons and and easy schedule now do we, we do now what Fitzpatrick did ](*,)

You can't be serious? Geno Smith is not the answer, never was the answer, and never will be the answer. He is an immature jerk-off with a big arm and no OTHER skills. What would Geno have done? Probably crapped the bed as the QB of a 6-10 team. The bright side would have been a higher draft pick and another season of starting over. I say no way they should give Fitzchokerick a big deal but He would be light years better than friggin Geno"glass jaw" Smith. The bad thing is he knows it.

You know this Fitz situation is aggravating me so much, I am beginning to think signing Foles might be a great solution for the time being. I he still getting paid by the Rams?? If that's the case, we might just get him rather cheap? And really, truth be told, I believe probably anyone is better than Geno. I just do NOT trust him in any way, shape, or form.

I also tend to think Fitz might just have to get his A$$ back to the negotiating table before the Jets sign Foles and move on altogether from Fitz.

1 minute ago, Mainejet said:

You know this Fitz situation is aggravating me so much, I am beginning to think signing Foles might be a great solution for the time being. I he still getting paid by the Rams?? If that's the case, we might just get him rather cheap? And really, truth be told, I believe probably anyone is better than Geno. I just do NOT trust him in any way, shape, or form.

I also tend to think Fitz might just have to get his A$$ back to the negotiating table before the Jets sign Foles and move on altogether from Fitz.

My thoughts exactly. If Fitzchokerick does not come to the table I say seeya and get Foles. Hell I would rather have Richard Todd back at his current age than friggin Geno Smith.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

My thoughts exactly. If Fitzchokerick does not come to the table I say seeya and get Foles. Hell I would rather have Richard Todd back at his current age than friggin Geno Smith.

No more negotiating with Ryan Fitzpatrick he has 0 loyalty to the NY Jets if he did he would be in camp signed by the offer Macc gave him. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No more negotiating with Ryan Fitzpatrick he has 0 loyalty to the NY Jets if he did he would be in camp signed by the offer Macc gave him. 

According to Ian Rapoport on the NFL Network, the Jets are going to make one last attempt to resolve the Fitzpatrick contract situation prior to their first practice tomorrow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677176/article/jets-might-make-one-last-run-at-ryan-fitzpatrick

Jets players have reported to camp. Ryan Fitzpatrick wasn't among that group. Rinse and repeat.

But wait! Could we have a sudden breakthrough on the Ryan Fitzpatrick stalemate?

0ap3000000659416.jpg

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on NFL Network's Inside Training Camp Live there's a feeling that the Jets will make one last run at Fitzpatrick, trying to sign him before practice starts Thursday.

We've covered how Fitzpatrick's absence will prompt the ascension of Geno Smith, and an added reliance on rookie Christian Hackenberg (and the overlooked Bryce Petty) as backups. The future is uncertain without Fitzpatrick under center, compared to a 10-win campaign that ended with the Jets tantalizingly close to the playoffs and Fitzpatrick among the greatest Jets passers ever.

It's a running tale that has grown tired, has struck fear in the heart of one Jets receiver and has dominated offseason conversation surrounding the team. Never mind that New York just signed its first-round pick on Wednesday; any hope to remedy the situation at signal-caller takes precedence.

While coach Todd Bowles assures media members that he has full confidence in Smith, actions behind the scenes signal otherwise. Might FitzMagic return to Florham Park, New Jersey, and later, Metlife Stadium? We must wait and see.

The key to signing Fitzpatrick is that he would also be tied to next year as well.   Its too risky for the Jets to have to count on Petty and Hackenberg for 2017.

This is Geno's last year under contract.  He is basically a one year back up, barring him winning the job.  

Foles would likely sign a contract for more in total than Fitz, but less in 2016.

Petty could likely get waived and practice squaded.  If he is claimed, that would be a wasted 4th round draft pick.

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

The key to signing Fitzpatrick is that he would also be tied to next year as well.   Its too risky for the Jets to have to count on Petty and Hackenberg for 2017.

This is Geno's last year under contract.  He is basically a one year back up, barring him winning the job.  

Foles would likely sign a contract for more in total than Fitz, but less in 2016.

Petty could likely get waived and practice squaded.  If he is claimed, that would be a wasted 4th round draft pick.

We dont need or want a 35 year old loser QB sign Foles and end this nonsense once and for all. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We dont need or want a 35 year old loser QB sign Foles and end this nonsense once and for all. 

THIS!!!

Fitz is overplaying his hand and I hope ends up spending the season watching the Jets with Foles/Geno make it to the playoffs. He will regret for the rest of his life. Some guys are too smart for their own good. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

No thank you.

If we're xxxxxxx, er, "investing" in  2016 with Geno Smith at the helm, we may as well go all-in and have Petty be the #2.  Geno falters or gets hurt, we get to "see what we have" in Petty with "talent around him".  

On a team full of unknowns and kids, why bother with a known-nobody "veteran backup"?  We have Petty, if we need to go to the #2, we're already screwed, may as well play Petty.

Kinda with you on this one. Sometimes you just have to just wing it. I say give it to atleast the 2nd preseason game. No reason to try your best to find a back up and pay him more money than your starter. 

We spend a 4th on Petty and he's been in the system for a year and we spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg. If neither one of these guys can play 2nd string then WTF are we really doing at the position? 

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

You can't be serious? Geno Smith is not the answer, never was the answer, and never will be the answer. He is an immature jerk-off with a big arm and no OTHER skills. What would Geno have done? Probably crapped the bed as the QB of a 6-10 team. The bright side would have been a higher draft pick and another season of starting over. I say no way they should give Fitzchokerick a big deal but He would be light years better than friggin Geno"glass jaw" Smith. The bad thing is he knows it.

Dude, I must compliment you.... I like your style, you seem to just tell it like it is.....

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Thank you Nick Foles

Agreed. Although I would have rather had Foles I'm glad its only a one year deal. Who knows? Maybe Fitzchokerick will be able to string 2 decent seasons together for the 1st time in his career. Stranger things have happened. Better than friggin Geno Smith starting anyway.

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Agreed. Although I would have rather had Foles I'm glad its only a one year deal. Who knows? Maybe Fitzchokerick will be able to string 2 decent seasons together for the 1st time in his career. Stranger things have happened. Better than friggin Geno Smith starting anyway.

He just did. This would make 3 decent seasons in a row.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He just did. This would make 3 decent seasons in a row.

That's stretching it a bit don't you think?  Anyway at least he will be able to feed his kid's this year. Hell He may have another one to make it 7 I think? Maybe that should be the over/under on the amount of INT's he throw's in the next do or die game he plays.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

That's stretching it a bit don't you think?  Anyway at least he will be able to feed his kid's this year. Hell He may have another one to make it 7 I think? Maybe that should be the over/under on the amount of INT's he throw's in the next do or die game he plays.

I'll take the over

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

If Fitzpatrick is such a valuable starting QB in the NFL why is he without a job today. No team ever committed to him for a reason we saw why last year last game of the season. 

Well for one, he isn't without a job today. 

Second, Foles is without a job today as well. 

The Fitzpatrick signing probably takes Foles out of the running even for a backup role here.  Imo Foles will sign for more money than the Jets seem to have available under the cap.  In an ideal world they would cut Smith and have Foles, but that is unrealistic, I think.

Archived