#TEAMPETTY

CobraVerde

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I'd still like to see the team keep all 4. I also think, as of this a.m., the team is still in a position where they have to keep 4 because Hack is sooo horrendous. It's a liability to have him as your 3.

As much as I do not like Geno, he IS a much better option than Hack right now. 

Since you've never seen Hack play where do you come up with this?  

As I28 would say, a jetsy thing to say

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, win4ever said:

I'm not all that sure I'm going all out for Petty here.  This was a horrible game for the receivers, a ton of drops from the first team onwards.  Petty made some good throws, but he also made some bad ones as well.  He should've had atleast one pick with the deflected pass, but he didn't.  I'm not saying Geno was anything great either, infact, all three QBs really had trouble with dropped passes today.    

A deflected pass at LOS is not necessarily a bad pass...it could be bad OL or just a good play by DE

he had about 2-3 passes where he led WR too much but they were not poor decisions

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

I agree, with the caveat that we'd need to see Petty do it with the #2's and not the #3's.

Geno was horrible tonight, 1 INT, at least 2 more "Advanced Stat" INT's his fans care so much about, and no production at all.

I said it before, I'm happy to go into 2016 with Fitz/Petty/Hack.  Fitz goes down, we're hosed regardless, and Petty (IMO) will win and produce just as well as Geno could.

The difference is Petty might have a future here.  Geno doesn't.

Sadly, our F.O. lacks the testicles for such a brave, forward-thinking, but risky, move.

Dont be sure about that. Mac and Bowles don't  owe Geno anything and if Petty continues to show that he can handle the job I can easily see them moving on from Geno.   

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

We'll see, because Geno looks like warmed over dogsh*t thus far in 2016, and he's still here.

We'll see who plays with the #2's next week.  If there is a real competition, it'll be Petty.

If not, it'll be Geno, and Petty is as good as cut.

I think it was less about Geno and more about Petty showing sufficient growth on the field so they could feel comfortable with him if Fitz goes down.  I think he has or is changing thier initial thoughts on him and if he continues to perform like he did yesterday Geno will be cut. Mac is his own man and so far has shown to make intelligent decisions.

3 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I'd still like to see the team keep all 4. I also think, as of this a.m., the team is still in a position where they have to keep 4 because Hack is sooo horrendous. It's a liability to have him as your 3.

As much as I do not like Geno, he IS a much better option than Hack right now. 

Funny how you know that and the guy has yet to take the field.  If it means having to cut one of our young receivers then I will help Geno pack and take my chances with Hack as my # 3.

36 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Seems like a lot oh beat hacks have Geno egg on their face...wonder how long it takes for them to turn on him

Don LeGrecca really disappoints me, last night on the Jets radio postgame show he must have said "yeah, but Bryce Petty didn't once win 8 games as an NFL starter" about 5 times, like that's the rationale for sticking with Bum Smith.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don LeGrecca really disappoints me, last night on the Jets radio postgame show he must have said "yeah, but Bryce Petty didn't once win 8 games as an NFL starter" about 5 times, like that's the rationale for sticking with Bum Smith.

SAR I

he had been saying on his radio show in july that the reason the jets haven't signed fitz is b/c the coaching staff and front office thinks geno is capable of doing what fitz can do.  he just doesn't have a handle on the team he covers.  

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I really don't get it with all these guys

i guess for there is a sense of embarrassment since they have been talking him up for so long and they have audiences they depend on.....they can never be THAT wrong....who knows...maybe they just dumb.

13 minutes ago, faba said:

This regime has no ties to Geno-still do they take a risk with no experienced backup QB-is the big question mark

I think the answer is 'yes'.  As I've said before, there is no room for Geno Smith on this team.

If Fitz Stays Healthy:  Then it's a non-issue, but it is far better to have Petty getting #2 practice snaps all season as the backup rather than the clipboard holder.

If Fitz Goes Down:  The schedule being as tough as is it is it's unsurvivable if Fitzpatrick misses a game or two, and in that scenario it's better to have Petty getting NFL starting experience rather than being the clipboard holder.

Last year's 10 win season against cupcakes and this year's media hype have too many Jets fans believing this is a playoff year.  It's not.  We are in Year 2 of a Maccagnan rebuild and if we allow ourselves to get off-strategy chasing the mirage of a wildcard berth we are going to cut young talent, keep old guys on the field too long, and not nurture the young QB's we've committed to.  If this sounds familiar it's because it's been the Jets script since Vinny Testaverde 1998.  We've drafted more QB's than any other NFL team since then, but we always gravitate to Testaverde too long, Pennington too long, Favre has-been, then Vick has-been, now Fitzpatrick.  Keep Petty, keep Hackenberg, let them both mature this year behind Fitz, get Geno the hell out of here.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I think the answer is 'yes'.  As I've said before, there is no room for Geno Smith on this team.

If Fitz Stays Healthy:  Then it's a non-issue, but it is far better to have Petty getting #2 practice snaps all season as the backup rather than the clipboard holder.

If Fitz Goes Down:  The schedule being as tough as is it is it's unsurvivable if Fitzpatrick misses a game or two, and in that scenario it's better to have Petty getting NFL starting experience rather than being the clipboard holder.

Last year's 10 win season against cupcakes and this year's media hype have too many Jets fans believing this is a playoff year.  It's not.  We are in Year 2 of a Maccagnan rebuild and if we allow ourselves to get off-strategy chasing the mirage of a wildcard berth we are going to cut young talent, keep old guys on the field too long, and not nurture the young QB's we've committed to.  If this sounds familiar it's because it's been the Jets script since Vinny Testaverde 1998.  We've drafted more QB's than any other NFL team since then, but we always gravitate to Testaverde too long, Pennington too long, Favre has-been, then Vick has-been, now Fitzpatrick.  Keep Petty, keep Hackenberg, let them both mature this year behind Fitz, get Geno the hell out of here.

SAR I

Well said SAR I 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

he had been saying on his radio show in july that the reason the jets haven't signed fitz is b/c the coaching staff and front office thinks geno is capable of doing what fitz can do.  he just doesn't have a handle on the team he covers.  

And he has no clue about the psyche of the Jets fan.  LaGreca pining after Geno in the afternoons is worse than Carton pimping Rex Ryan in 2014 in the mornings.  Both ignored the fans and jumped on the wrong horse.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I really don't get it with all these guys

i guess for there is a sense of embarrassment since they have been talking him up for so long and they have audiences they depend on.....they can never be THAT wrong....who knows...maybe they just dumb.

It's amazing.  Geno never showed anything.  No flashes, no nothing.  Was there a signature Geno Smith game I missed somewhere?  Did he ever win 2 games in a row even?

He's awful.  Anyone can see this. And they give these guys a microphone?

SAR I

3 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

You just proved my point. Only 2 of those guys are still in the league and the Jets released Kerley. Petty is throwing to a better group of WR's and I am glad. 

Our threes are better than Decker? 

Our threes are better than our twos?

This makes no sense. I get it: you're just interested in repeating whatever garbage props up Geno.

If we cut Geno (and we should) who is going to pick him up ???? No one, so he would (might) be there if we did need him during the season anyway ! If he is not there and we needed a veteran we could always pick one up. Petty is ready !!!!!!!!!!!! (For the #2 job)

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And he has no clue about the psyche of the Jets fan.  LaGreca pining after Geno in the afternoons is worse than Carton pimping Rex Ryan in 2014 in the mornings.  Both ignored the fans and jumped on the wrong horse.

SAR I

legreca's stance is particularly perplexing to me b/c he's not a jet fan.  he likes the giants.  he should be neutral.  i don't understand how you can cover the jets last season and not understand that mccags, and basically the whole team, wanted fitz back.  the team gets a record season from fitz, drafted petty last year and hack this year, but nope - legreca's figured it out - management really wants geno.  how absurd.

Petty passed the eye ball test. And Geno in year 4 still does not! Petty stands in there and looks like a QB. Geno is still throwing off his back foot, still making the same errors etc. He is mistake prone. And the team doesn't appear to rally around him. Petty at least seems excited to play and looks like he may even have some leadership skills to him. Geno simply does not. It's time to cut bait.

16 minutes ago, Schmidt said:

If we cut Geno (and we should) who is going to pick him up ???? No one, so he would (might) be there if we did need him during the season anyway ! If he is not there and we needed a veteran we could always pick one up. Petty is ready !!!!!!!!!!!! (For the #2 job)

32 teams no one else wanted Fitzpatrick but the Jets it will be interesting to see who picks up Geno Smith 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

32 teams no one else wanted Fitzpatrick but the Jets it will be interesting to see who picks up Geno Smith 

Exactly.

We spend way too much time discussing Fitzpatrick and Smith, not enough time realizing that Petty or Hackenberg or someone not yet on the team is the answer.  Last season, this season, it's all just masturbation.  We need to develop a young quarterback.  Fitz and Geno are not going to ever be the guy to unseat Tom Brady.  Petty and Hack might be.  Let's find out what we have in those two guys instead of letting them rot on the bench chasing a mirage of a playoff berth to nowhere.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Exactly.

We spend way too much time discussing Fitzpatrick and Smith, not enough time realizing that Petty or Hackenberg or someone not yet on the team is the answer.  Last season, this season, it's all just masturbation.  We need to develop a young quarterback.  Fitz and Geno are not going to ever be the guy to unseat Tom Brady.  Petty and Hack might be.  Let's find out what we have in those two guys instead of letting them rot on the bench chasing a mirage of a playoff berth to nowhere.

SAR I

Damn straight SAR I we need the young gun franchise QB Petty or Hack could be that guy.  

Geno's confidence looks completely shot on the field. He is often hesitant to pull the trigger, which leads to a lot of late throws. He is staring down his receivers before he is comfortable throwing the pass, thereby leading to passes defensed and INTs. Similar to RG3, I think Geno needs to go somewhere else and start fresh and the organization would be better off as well. Based upon what I have seen from Geno through 2 games, we are in deep sh!t if Fitzpatrick goes down. 

56 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Funny how you know that and the guy has yet to take the field.  If it means having to cut one of our young receivers then I will help Geno pack and take my chances with Hack as my # 3.

Yes, you're right. I DONT know that Geno is better than Hack when Hack hasn't even stepped on the field yet.

I'm just assuming based on my negative view of his pro day/combine performance, what I've read about his camp performance, and the fact that CS isn't even putting him into preseason games. 

Since my last post, I'm kinda "OK" with going with fitz-petty-hack. I'm nervous about it, but I could see how it makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, faba said:

This regime has no ties to Geno-still do they take a risk with no experienced backup QB-is the big question mark

Agreed ... That door is open though ... And they've seen Petty take 2 big steps through it ... If he doesn't trip on his next (or perhaps next 2) step(s) it will slam shut on Geno's face

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Geno's confidence looks completely shot on the field. He is often hesitant to pull the trigger, which leads to a lot of late throws. He is staring down his receivers before he is comfortable throwing the pass, thereby leading to passes defensed and INTs. Similar to RG3, I think Geno needs to go somewhere else and start fresh and the organization would be better off as well. Based upon what I have seen from Geno through 2 games, we are in deep sh!t if Fitzpatrick goes down. 

I agree with the Geno part but we arent screwed Petty is capable of being that guy the kid looks good and poised he could be our Tom Brady God I hope so!

Archived