This team is very mediocre

jetscrazey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Its all we can hope for. You'd think with this stretch of horrible QBs, you'd at least fall into one by accident that can at least be considered average.

That's why I want to see Petty at some point.  He has a special arm and can make some very unique throws others can't.  If he figures it out mentally he has a very high potential ceiling.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

That's why I want to see Petty at some point.  He has a special arm and can make some very unique throws others can't.  If he figures it out mentally he has a very high potential ceiling.

I'm in. We know everything we need to know about the others. Geno is worthless and all Fitz is going to get you is just enough wins to ensure that you never have a chance to replace him with a young stud.

All this going on with Wentz tearing it up kills that much more.

This game was another CIN game with all the same problems plus an exceptionally awful Fitz performance:

• Defense prevented the TD but got just carved up on those short passes;
  • Worthless redzone playcalling;
  • Poor passing game;
  • Special teams blew it;
  • No in-game adjustments.

Obviously you can't ignore the significance of Fitz's terrible play today and how it was aggravated, just like in CIN and BUF last year, by getting in a hole and how he much worse he gets when he tries to force passes to get the offense moving. However, the playcalling today was an equal and arguably greater problem. Once again no adjustments and impotent in the red zone. 

11 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

This game was another CIN game with all the same problems plus an exceptionally awful Fitz performance:

• Defense prevented the TD but got just carved up on those short passes;
  • Worthless redzone playcalling;
  • Poor passing game;
  • Special teams blew it;
  • No in-game adjustments.

Obviously you can't ignore the significance of Fitz's terrible play today and how it was aggravated, just like in CIN and BUF last year, by getting in a hole and how he much worse he gets when he tries to force passes to get the offense moving. However, the playcalling today was an equal and arguably greater problem. Once again no adjustments and impotent in the red zone. 

I disagree with the adjustments. Andy Reid adjusted too

What you saw today was a team that's still finding its identity completely overmatched by an actual playoff team. KC is no joke and is not the kind of team the jets could have beat last year too. you saw the jets play the same kind of game last year in Houston, this single read spread offense is not very effective against teams that are good enough to just sit on the routes all day. If the jets play clean the defense should be good enough to keep the game close, but they got completely hung out to dry today. The game was actually surprisingly close until the fitzsixpack happened but it was a sobering reminder that this team is not much better if at all than last year. A 10-6 team that got a lot of lucky breaks now regressing to the mean 

18 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

I'm starting to lose faith in this coaching staff to be honest

Always find it interesting that someone won't blame the QB who threw 6 INTs, but blames the coach.  Not the QB who was in the red zone 4 times without scoring but the HC.  Not the QB who threw into triple coverage from inside the 10, twice, the HC.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Always find it interesting that someone won't blame the QB who threw 6 INTs, but blames the coach.  Not the QB who was in the red zone 4 times without scoring but the HC.  Not the QB who threw into triple coverage from inside the 10, twice, the HC.  

Yes, Fitz was terrible, but there were also major flaws with the gameplan and the defense basically forced Fitz to spend the entire first half playing with poor field position and play most of the game from behind down 2 scores.   That is not a receipe for success and it's concerning in addition to Fitz's performance (and we KNEW coming in Fitz would have bad games sometimes).

It's ok to come away from this game very concerned about both the coaching staff as well as Fitz.

5 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Yes, Fitz was terrible, but there were also major flaws with the gameplan and the defense basically forced Fitz to spend the entire first half playing with poor field position and play most of the game from behind down 2 scores.   That is not a receipe for success and it's concerning in addition to Fitz's performance (and we KNEW coming in Fitz would have bad games sometimes)

What gameplay?  You don't have a clue what the game plan was but keep telling me it has major flaws.  Again, was the gameplay to throw into triple coverage?  To get into the red zone 4 times and throw 2 picks and no TDs?  How did the horrid game plan get into the redzone so many times?  You keep claiming it was field position, that's nuts.  A fumbled return for 7.  A pick on our side of the field?  14 points by moving the ball what 30 yards against the D.  A fumble mid field?  And you're talking field position?  It was 17 - 3 and the D gave up 10 of those points off 2 TO's.  Please put the blame where it belongs and stop 

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I saw literally the same team I saw in 2014 today.  Swiss cheese secondary that's just as bad as the 2014 secondary but without the injuries.  I never thought I'd say this but they miss Cromartie.  No ability to generate turnovers on defense.  Offense looks like a deer in the headlights.  Still no true franchise QB (Fitz tore up Rex's single-man coverage.  Great, how many other teams will play that?)  Fitz will always be a "hold the fort" guy and nothing more.

Hold the fort? That's a wet dream. He's a bottleneck QB that will limit your wins even if you were handed one of the top NFL D, rushing offense n WRs along with THE easiest schedule in the league.

13 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Hold the fort? That's a wet dream. He's a bottleneck QB that will limit your wins even if you were handed one of the top NFL D, rushing offense n WRs along with THE easiest schedule in the league.

he proved that today

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What gameplay?  You don't have a clue what the game plan was but keep telling me it has major flaws.  Again, was the gameplay to throw into triple coverage?  To get into the red zone 4 times and throw 2 picks and no TDs?  How did the horrid game plan get into the redzone so many times?  You keep claiming it was field position, that's nuts.  A fumbled return for 7.  A pick on our side of the field?  14 points by moving the ball what 30 yards against the D.  A fumble mid field?  And you're talking field position?  It was 17 - 3 and the D gave up 10 of those points off 2 TO's.  Please put the blame where it belongs and stop 

I was referring more to the defensive "let them move the chains all day" gameplan

21 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I was referring more to the defensive "let them move the chains all day" gameplan

Least bit of our worries. Somehow, it's always the Ds fault in a loss. They allowed 10 points. Not blaming the D for any of the defensive snaps. If "let them move the chains all day" game plan yields 10 points, I'd implement it everyday, and twice on gamedays. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then dont root for the team. Anybody who doesn't like the leadership shouldn't root for the team. Or at least, dont have faith in the team to win. And dont complain when they dont

BS I'm a Jets fan not a Todd Bowles fan. Just aweful coaching.

It was a master class in how not to coach a game. 

21 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Least bit of our worries. Somehow, it's always the Ds fault in a loss. They allowed 10 points. Not blaming the D for any of the defensive snaps. If "let them move the chains all day" game plan yields 10 points, I'd implement it everyday, and twice on gamedays. 

I'm not even saying it's the D's fault.  It's the coaches fault.  I saw no gameplan out there on defense and on offense in the red zone.

48 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

What are you talking about?  What did they give up, 10 points on a short field?  You think anyone wouldn't sign up for that every week? 

6 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Well when we try to rebuild the right way our idiotic fan base goes nuts and flies banners all over.

So we go out and spend like crazy to win now with a team that is nowhere ready to compete for a title and you stay in the 7-10 win rut.

And that's why we'll never win a SB

Basically, which is why Maccagnan is trying to do both right now. 

10 hours ago, JiF said:

The talent is not mediocre.  The talent level is top notch, one of the most loaded teams in the NFL.

The talent is top notch but for some reason having tons of talent on paper never seems to work out for any team in any sport ever. Probably has something to do with the expectations being set unrealistically high.

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then dont root for the team. Anybody who doesn't like the leadership shouldn't root for the team. Or at least, dont have faith in the team to win. And dont complain when they dont

Don't you get tired of telling fans how to be fans????  Please send me a signed copy of your sports book. 

Live been rooting for 40 years..ill do it my way. 

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

the stat sheet doesn't tell the story.  Smith carved them up.

Good for you.  But the bottom line is points, not what we feel.  14 points came off of turnovers taken in, all the rest of the points came off of turnovers.  Blame the defense, whatever makes you happy. 

Why is every game a "State of the Union" address of this team.

Jets win = we are great, playoffs here we come, blah blah blah

Jets lose = We suck, We are mediocre, QB sucks, Coach Sucks, Everybody Sucks

I just find it nuts that here it is Tuesday and people are still jumping off the ledge.

Fan base is friggin nuts

Does anybody here actually enjoy watching this team anymore ? 

20 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Why is every game a "State of the Union" address of this team.

Jets win = we are great, playoffs here we come, blah blah blah

Jets lose = We suck, We are mediocre, QB sucks, Coach Sucks, Everybody Sucks

I just find it nuts that here it is Tuesday and people are still jumping off the ledge.

Fan base is friggin nuts

Does anybody here actually enjoy watching this team anymore ? 

Please tell me you ENJOYED watching the Jets on Sunday. Seriously dude? It was the laughing stock game of the day. Mocked by every sports show following. Fans can take a loss, like Cincy, it sucked but there were positives. There was only 1 positive on Sunday & that was our 1st round pick Darron Lee. Yea he's small, but that little shrimp can play. Might be one of the fastest LBs I've ever seen.

Fans always usually overestimate their team -and when they win they exaggerate - when they lose they exaggerate- nature of being a sports fan. Jets are a 9 and 7 team probably little better than 500 reality check- maybe they will prove me wrong

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Please tell me you ENJOYED watching the Jets on Sunday. Seriously dude? It was the laughing stock game of the day. Mocked by every sports show following. Fans can take a loss, like Cincy, it sucked but there were positives. There was only 1 positive on Sunday & that was our 1st round pick Darron Lee. Yea he's small, but that little shrimp can play. Might be one of the fastest LBs I've ever seen.

You will never see Paxton Lynch play until the Broncos trade him and he stinks it up for whatever team dumb enough to trade for him

Meanwhile Darron Lee will be going to multiple pro bowls

28 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

You will never see Paxton Lynch play until the Broncos trade him and he stinks it up for whatever team dumb enough to trade for him

Meanwhile Darron Lee will be going to multiple pro bowls

Hearing him speak he's a smart kid too, and from all accounts he's a studies the game, watches film, when he gets real comfortable & plays with instinct he's gonna be fun to watch. I was just blown away by his closing speed. I've been so used to watching David Harris & Calvin Pace all these years. He'll be impossible to block IN SPACE, I'm sure he'll get knocked on his azz occasionally but he'll make up for it with splash plays & tackles behind the LOS. Now I know why he led college football in that stat for a LB.

Archived